It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death is a lie... I mean, life is a debt... (Life/death)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
When you are born.....

multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light.

These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or has been very close to death.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nice.

I personally do not believe death is terrible thing at all. In fact, it is probably a more welcome experience to being born. Being born is associated with trauma, where as dying is associated with release for the person experiencing.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Nice.

I personally do not believe death is terrible thing at all. In fact, it is probably a more welcome experience to being born.

You could be right...

Being born is associated with trauma, where as dying is associated with release for the person experiencing.

Lol...

edit on 4-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Lol, yeah. Birth definitely sucks. You are forced from a nice, warm, weightless environment where you floated in a neverending dream, and squeezed down a narrow, uncomfortable tunnel to be expelled into a cold, unfamiliar environment with loud noises, unpleasant sensations and smells, and bright, unfriendly lights. And then, before you can even begin to comprehend what has happened to you, some guy in a mask dangles you from your feet and smacks your butt. And it's all downhill from there.

Whereas, when you die, you feel peaceful, serene, all unpleasant sights, smells, sounds, and sensations fade away, people who love you come out to greet you and welcome you into a soft, soothing, beautiful light.

My great grandmother, who was Slovenian, told my grandmother that the birth of a child is actually an occasion for sorrow, because of the hard life and unforgiving world ahead of them. Where as when a person dies, it is a celebration, because they are free from pain, suffering, strife, and sorrow, and peacefully drift off to heaven.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I think it's best not to have preconceived ideas gifted you, consider everything, sure. But the truth of the matter is what you experience.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Death is only the start of our next life. Just as we wake up after going to sleep, we have life after death. Sleep is a mirror image or fractal of death, once we die and/or go to sleep we are bound to wake up and/or have life again.

Just as the end of one season is just the beginning of the next, the end of this life is only the beginning of the next one. Death is only an illusion experienced by those left behind. For the observer (us), the lights are hardly off before they turn back on again.

Life is continuous and never ending from the perspective of the observer. When you sleep does it feel as though 8 hours have gone by or does it seem like the blink of an eye? There are no gaps within life experience, it's all a continuous stream of information that we react to.

If you die and see light at the end of the tunnel, instead of staying away from it like we've been taught or heard, embrace it. It's most likely the light of life trying to embrace you.

S&F
edit on 4/4/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I agree, if death is supposed to be so terrible then it wouldn't be a necessity. Everyone dies, so why be afraid of it? I don't think the universe would throw us a pitch we couldn't handle.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The older i get the less afraid i am of death and i gain more knowledge that makes me think that life doesn't actually end there. I hope not anyway.
Birth sucks i swear my 3rd child is still p1$$3d that he was sleeping one day peacefully at 37 weeks (high risk pregnancy) to be woken up and pulled out of my stomach (c section) he was so fussy and seemed so irritated about the whole thing, he was perfect health wise weighed 7p 13oz and healthy but he wasn't ready just yet for his new life i think! he is 1 now and out of my 3 kids he is the one i think definitely came straight here from another life. I knew that from the day i had him but i never believed in it before that.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I am not worried about death. death will happen, not much I can do about that, and if there is something after, cool, if not, then I won't know anyhow.

I am however a bit worried about the process of dying. pain and such sucks, and ultimately that's how most of us go out..screaming in unimaginable agony. Its that which I think frightens everyone about the whole deal. No Zenning that concern out of your mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Lets say you die and nothing happens - lights out. .
If you are going to be dead, why would the pain matter?'
Death being painful is the least of my fears. Now that I think about it, my biggest fear would be the absence of an afterlife . It would be disappointing if this is truly all the time we have to spend conscious or aware. I do not believe the essence of what makes us, only resides in our physical bodies. I think there will be something else that is certainly not life after this. I simply believe it because something inside me strongly feels it to be true. I firmly believe we manifest our reality and there is no doubt I will be graciously embracing the light.

Woah.. I just had a really strange thought

Obviously no one remembers being born, so it is not farfetched to think we wouldn't remember dying.

And lets not forget the fact that-
We only know living. In the context of time we spend way more of it dead than alive.
That just doesn't add up for me.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I agree with the OP...

and this...

Is just disturbing...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

misoginger

Lets say you die and nothing happens - lights out. .
If you are going to be dead, why would the pain matter?'

Because pain hurts..the last moments of life may be filled with sharp spikes of intense pain, abject fear, panic, etc...what a crappy way to exit.
The mindset you presented can be used for anything in life...why does anything matter if we are going to simply die.
Well, I am not a nihilist...so, I do find it matters...I am alive now, and being alive, self aware, is what matters to me. Why? because I said so, that's why. heh.
With that, you can move on with life, find a point, pleasures, goals, etc...if I spend too much time thinking about the pointlessness of it all, I will miss out the opportunity to appreciate what is now.

It would be disappointing if this is truly all the time we have to spend conscious or aware.

As disappointing as it may be, its good to assume this may indeed be the case, so, explore, experience, and find what makes you happy...because at the very least, you know your alive right now.

I won't comment on the rest of your stuff. I am not here to try and destroy peoples hopes...in the end, there may be something, or nothing, but we know right now we do have something.

And yeah, pain still sucks.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Nope, Death is an Illusion and Life is a gift that keeps giving!

Death is an Illusion

Soul

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
In the last 12 years I've been told to write my will 3 times, so even at my young age I've had what seems like a slow build up to death. It's always there. Like seeing a bus coming towards you in slow motion, knowing you have little chance of escaping its impact.
I've spent a lot of time thinking about death, which does have a bonus of making you appreciate how delicate life is. Yet i still worry about the pain, the potential effects of my illness in the final stages. The effects of the pain relief medication. There are lots of things to be scarred of with death.
Still, what I am also learning, is there is nothing or very little I can do about this inevitability, so I have to try and find a different way to approach it.

Its funny I've only come across the work of Alan Watts in the last 12 months and have found his lectures to provide some form of comfort. He talks about death in a way I had never really considered. An alternative never presented to me before. I guess its all based on eastern philosophies, but presented for a western audience. Im so glad I got that extra 12 months to have discovered Mr Watts. I could have died, not hearing any of his works.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Want to walk on water?... Just know it!

We are walking on water, but we think we are the water.

You are a "waterway."

Waterway.
a river, canal, or other "body of water" serving as a route or way of travel or transport.

In physiology, body water is the water content of the human body. A significant fraction of the human body is water.

Arthur Guyton 's Textbook of Medical Physiology states that "the total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kilograms) is approximately 40 litres, averaging 57 percent of his total body weight. In a newborn infant, this may be as high as 75.

Be "like" water.

Once you can be "like" water you "walk on water" but there's more....

Those who be like water can walk on air...

I should have saved this for Xmas.

Arthur Guyton 's Textbook of Medical Physiology states that "the total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kilograms) is approximately 40 litres, averaging 57 percent of his total body weight. In a newborn infant, this may be as high as 75 percent of the body weight, but it progressively decreases from birth to old age, most of the decrease occurring during the first 10 years of life.

We all know how the story ends.
*Sniffles

If I found the fountain of youth, I'd share it with everyone.

John 4.14

"but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

You only live once, death is a illusion.

Arthur Guyton 's Textbook of Medical Physiology states that "the total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kilograms) is approximately 40 litres, averaging 57 percent of his total body weight, In a newborn infant, this may be as high as 75 percent of the body weight.

Thomas.

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are "like" those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

Matthew.

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become
as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

edit on 5-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Death is what gives life meaning. Life would be an unnatural condition, given the absence of death, because like all things, life is subject to change. And personally, I believe that of all things that are subject to change, life needs it most.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's what I was trying to say in the title of this thread... Not sure it came out right though. Hehe.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've thought a lot about the pain of death and I have to wonder... If there's nothing after death then why would it matter how much it hurt right beforehand? You won't remember it anyway so it won't have any effect.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This is not the world God intended. God does not create things to die.
In this world of our own making is a sinful world. A very wicked world
indeed.

Death is real because the wages of sin is death. Death is a result of
rebellion. In this world of our on making we have made life a death sentence.

Life is a death sentence. Therefore death exists in this world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join