It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Threatens Russia Over Petrodollar-Busting Deal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Nevermind

edit on 6-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Americans grasp the importance of the petro dollar and the ramifications if it was dropped. Putin mentions that he could work with other nations to make it fail. That's all he need do.... Americans panic, pressure is put on the administration, 0bama backs down on the rhetoric, Russia re-unifies the northern and eastern territories with little opposition, the petro-dollar remains. Frankly, our deficit is what will bring our downfall if we can't reduce it. and it looks like it will not be reduced.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ukraine PM Warns Russia's "Economic Aggression" Is Unacceptable

www.zerohedge.com...

Looks like another leader is threatening Russia, Ukraine hasn't paid their gas bill, so Russia says , ok the price just went up by 81% and you owe us 11.4 Billion dollars as well, the Ukraine is calling foul.

Saturday the Kiev Government accused Putin of instigating the pro Russian demonstrations that took over three Government buildings in three cities in the Ukraine.

In other words, because we annexed territory for which we had previously given you a discount for, you now need to pay us full price.

Mr. Miller said Ukraine owes Gazprom $2.2 billion for March deliveries, and another $11.4 billion the country saved as part of a discount agreement that Moscow recently scrapped.

Mr. Miller the discount was a prepayment for the Russian Navy's use of Ukraine's Black Sea port of Sevastopol through 2017, but as that port had been annexed by Moscow, along with the rest of Crimea, Ukraine should repay $11.4 billion it saved, Mr. Miller said, following similar statements by Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

So in essence Russia annexes Crimea gets free use of the sea port and screws Ukraine, he's a shifty fker is Putin
edit on 7-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

keenasbro
reply to post by maxzen2004

Yep you gotta love and trust them Saudis. This offer was on the table in Aug 2013. Putin turned them down.

Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russia a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts, if the Kremlin backs away from the Assad regime in Syria.

Here is a link to the article. I couldn't find any info for your reply, can you post a link please, would like to read it.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Putin dumped an offer he should have taken. What is Syria worth compared to the nation's economy all flowing through taxable oil revenues?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

keenasbro

Mr. Miller the discount was a prepayment for the Russian Navy's use of Ukraine's Black Sea port of Sevastopol through 2017, but as that port had been annexed by Moscow, along with the rest of Crimea, Ukraine should repay $11.4 billion it saved, Mr. Miller said, following similar statements by Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

I think they call that "Chutzpah".

``Oh I was renting your apartment. Now that my goons stole it, I want the rent I paid back!'' WTF?

How much does Russia owe Ukraine for filching Crimea? Ownership of an asset is much larger than rent on one naval base.

edit on 7-4-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Plotus
Americans grasp the importance of the petro dollar and the ramifications if it was dropped. Putin mentions that he could work with other nations to make it fail. That's all he need do.... Americans panic, pressure is put on the administration, 0bama backs down on the rhetoric, Russia re-unifies the northern and eastern territories with little opposition, the petro-dollar remains. Frankly, our deficit is what will bring our downfall if we can't reduce it. and it looks like it will not be reduced.

What nations. Nobody wants to work with the next hitler.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

edit on 7-4-2014 by keenasbro because: Don't know how that happened, double post.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I honestly had to laugh when I read it, it's like, no way, you are one cheeky bastard, no doubt all was said with a straight face.

The west are screaming in Putins ear to stay out of Ukraine after annexing Crimea, Putins reply, OK.
He doesn't want to invade Ukraine, he has just imposed his own sanctions on the US, Nato, and Europe, who will have to inject more money into Ukraine.

When the cold winter comes and there is no heating from the gas, people will start to rise, pro Russians will take to the streets in droves, Putin stays far away, throws his hands in the air when all the accusations start flowing...It wasn't me.

I'm not sure of the amount of money the IMF were lending to Ukraine, I think most of it would be gobbled up by the Ukraine paying it's near $14 billion dollar debt, if indeed they do at all.

All speculation on my part of course.

The Question on my mind is, was this pro Russian protest a prelude of what is to come.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

Our Shadow Government is already working on a scheme as we type to make sure Countries fall in line with the Petrodollar.
Who knows in what form it make come in with this group........Ariel Bombings in Washington from some MIG'S ???
Theres no way I can see them allowing this to happen!!
The US has been sitting on the largest Petro Reserve for more years than we've known. So we use all the Petro supply around the world demanding that it is traded in dollars.......Borrowing (national debt) in trillions against that luxury with no devaluation of our currency with the knowledge that the US in "X" years would be the few countries left with Energy Export Capabilities selling it at a inflated price because of demand.

Meanwhile the American Taxpayers have funded off the books black projects that speculate the Clean Technology already exists.
There is way to much MONEY to be made in the OIL business.......Our Planet will use and sell every drop until it is all gone.
Next Couple Months should defintley be interesting as Obama is not in charge any longer. This just stepped up a notch!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join