It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Threatens Russia Over Petrodollar-Busting Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

benrl

keenasbro

people have been predicting this event for years, eventually someone has to be right.

The way I look at it is, we don't know where the straw that breaks the camels back will come from.

We just know its coming.

Will it be Chinese economic influence?

Russian Oil deal?

Bankruptcy in western nations?

We keep loading up the economy, and it keeps holding.

But the signs are there, the knees are shaky.

Uncle Sam KNOWS that once they lose control of energy costs (which will impact food costs severely), they will lose any hope of controlling their well armed populace. The straw that breaks the camels back will also be the one that breaks our back.

None of us wants to see it happen. And my God I hope it doesn't have to come to that. But the only thing placating Americans is lifestyle. Take that away, and its all over.

There just aren't enough stars, Tex. I think the basic economy here is so pegged to the cost of transportation, as opposed previously to manufacture, that when the trucks can't be fueled we're done. That four or five dollar head of lettuce is a quarter tank away or less... keep it all dry whatever you've got.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by keenasbro

Flag and star-- maybe a bandaid for that eyebrow we'll be getting opened up.
This is indeed starting to look like either more idle threats--- or much worse a last ditch allusion to helplessness other than starting something we could win only one way.
We know what option two entails, and that's no winners... exactly why I'm a little worried over the rhetoric without credibility or substance.
Example-- economic sanctions without an economy sufficiently robust enough to absorb the blowback? Hope you're good and riled, Deputy Fife: that's Ken Norton.
Shake and come out whimpering...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

In this day and age...I dont know...agreements seem to work when its only good for both parties....This is definitely one of my favorite topics to learn about!!! So send me any good info you find out there...

Also somewhere out there you know China and Russia have to be thinking..."'the only way we beat the west is to work together".

This is the scenario I predicted a couple years ago but no one would listen to me. Things are coming to a head with the U.S. vs China and Russia/ Iran. China owns most of the world's rare Earth mines; the Rare Earth issue, by itself, is the cause of much conflict in the world. China is buying up Africa and they will make big bucks there; they are investing heavily in Ethiopa. China also owns most of our (US) debt but the only reason they haven't pulled the plug is because of the Petro-Dollar. China's currency is tied to the US dollar. If we fail so do they, unless......

If China, in ca-hoots with Russia and Iran, pulls this off and moves away from the US dollar into some other currency then the US is in trouble. We'll probably still be paying debt when our grandchildren's-grandchildren are around. The one saving-grace I see is where China and Russia start bickering and in-fighting over who will run the world and they take each other out; allowing the US to make a comeback.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

In this day and age...I dont know...agreements seem to work when its only good for both parties....This is definitely one of my favorite topics to learn about!!! So send me any good info you find out there...

Also somewhere out there you know China and Russia have to be thinking..."'the only way we beat the west is to work together".

This is the scenario I predicted a couple years ago but no one would listen to me. Things are coming to a head with the U.S. vs China and Russia/ Iran. China owns most of the world's rare Earth mines; the Rare Earth issue, by itself, is the cause of much conflict in the world. China is buying up Africa and they will make big bucks there; they are investing heavily in Ethiopa. China also owns most of our (US) debt but the only reason they haven't pulled the plug is because of the Petro-Dollar. China's currency is tied to the US dollar. If we fail so do they, unless......

If China, in ca-hoots with Russia and Iran, pulls this off and moves away from the US dollar into some other currency then the US is in trouble. We'll probably still be paying debt when our grandchildren's-grandchildren are around. The one saving-grace I see is where China and Russia start bickering and in-fighting over who will run the world and they take each other out; allowing the US to make a comeback.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why there is a need to threat or kill anyone over this?

It's a VERY big deal. If the US loses it's reserve currency staus there will be a complete and total meltdown of the US economy. Interest rates go through the roof...hyperinflation will follow on it's heels...it would take a dump truck full of US dollars to buy a loaf of bread.

Even more importantly....you won't be able to feed your addiction to oil...that means strategic reserves would be kept for the military...cause there would be mass chaos on the streets....martial law would surely be declared.

Thats why the US would kill and threaten over this....their continued existence as a superpower depends upon it.

edit on 04America/Chicagopm042014-04-04T22:29:00-05:00pmFriday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

The thing is lostbook, this has been in the making for years, as you said, you predicted this years ago and no one would listen, the sad fact is the ones that don't listen are the one's that cry the loudest.
It was and still is, not a matter of if, but when. imo

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

keenasbro
reply to post by lostbook

The thing is lostbook, this has been in the making for years, as you said, you predicted this years ago and no one would listen, the sad fact is the ones that don't listen are the one's that cry the loudest.
It was and still is, not a matter of if, but when. imo

Yes, a very long time and this has me very worried. If you look at the signs, you'll see why Russia is making moves now; it's because the pieces are moving into place. The World Trade Center attack was the sign that things are about to change.
edit on 4-4-2014 by lostbook because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You can just imagine a room full of sharp suited bankers having fits at the idea of nations "trading" gas / oil for other goods, rather than borrowing currency from THEM, at interest, to buy it. The bankers are the ones calling the shots here, the politicians are just the talking heads that they put in the big house to push their policies.
The bankers have already used 2 world wars like a big reset switch to get things back on track and working for them again, and will do so again if they think they are losing control.

They already send the armed thugs to intimidate individuals or groups wanting to live off the grid and not participate in their schemes any more. They have armies at their disposal to go after nations doing the same, thanks to the greed of the politicians they have in their pockets and the "leaders" they have installed.

Lets face it, the "leaders" we have are scared witless of the bankers, which is why we have not seen a single banking exec in jail over the criminality over the last decade that has come to light. The bankers can make or break a nation at the stroke of a pen and on a whim and have zero loyalty to any one country or to any of the people that reside there.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

lostbook

China owns 7% of all US debt..I don't consider that to be "most", and neither would most people. Also, China relies on trade to the US and EU. The US imports nearly $500 billion every year from China alone. It's nearly the same with the EU in total dollar amount...Needless to say China is very much so dependent upon the health and sustainability of the US economy....NOT Russias.

edit on 4-4-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So if the Petro-dollar were to suddenly go under for whatever reason, what would be the Mutually Assured Destruction scenario that the US go with in order to strike back? What would be their Dead Man's Switch as it were?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

rock427

lostbook

China owns 7% of all US debt..I don't consider that to be "most", and neither would most people. Also, China relies on trade to the US and EU. The US imports nearly $500 billion every year from China alone. It's nearly the same with the EU in total dollar amount...Needless to say China is very much so dependent upon the health and sustainability of the US economy....NOT Russias.

edit on 4-4-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

7%? That's better. I thought it was more. Anyway, China still owns the most US debt outside of the US government, correct?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I do not underestimate The Russian Federation.
One may have the wisdom to not underestimate
The United States of America.

It is in the best interest of all of those concerned
to settle these differences Diplomatically over a
scheduled time.

Personally, I believe The Russian Federation
has the right to retain their Naval Base in Crimea.
Just as The United States retains their base in Cuba
for example.

However, any steps beyond that are clearly a violation
of the 1997 Treaty :

www.nato.int...

Click on the right side box for the actual text of the agreement.

NATO Home Page : www.nato.int...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

CAPT PROTON
So if the Petro-dollar were to suddenly go under for whatever reason, what would be the Mutually Assured Destruction scenario that the US go with in order to strike back? What would be their Dead Man's Switch as it were?

A lot of "ifs" and "buts" in this scenario...if the US were to default on its debt obligations, it wouldn't be great...There is an old saying about the US. When America sneezes, the world catches a cold. If the US were to collapse (in a totally unrelated scenario) the world economy would collapse. This is because the world economy is interdependent, and the US equates to 25% of the worlds Nominal GDP. On top of that, the US is the largest consuming nation...without the US, the global economy collapses.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This thread is all nonsense!

[sarcasm]We were told that we beat Russia because it was Capitalism vs Communism and the Petro Dollar has nothing to do with it[/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

lostbook

7%? That's better. I thought it was more. Anyway, China still owns the most US debt outside of the US government, correct?

They're the largest foreign holder of US debt. They own slightly more than Japan does.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I dont know why everyones getting so alarmed about this, its long over due.

The US gravy train is about to be derailed, i just hope they dont take other nations down with them.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Sanctioning Russia = Hurting Europe
I'm not saying you'll sanction exports, but the more you sanction Russia the more they'll turn the screws on Europe.

Why do we need to sanction Russia in the first place? How about we wait until they do something aggressive and fatal that has 0 substance to punish them.

Crimea wanting to be Russian is by no means a sanction-able offense, especially considering the real invasions, occupations and slaughters the US and Europe have committed in the last 11yrs that were allowed to pass!
edit on 5-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Do we have a more reliable source?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

CAPT PROTON

Crashing the global derivatives market would do it. Pretty much any world government has access to this option because it's totally unregulated, even certain individuals or corporations could pull it off. Doing so would essentially wipe out the entire worlds money supply.

If you actually look into this issue, you will never get a good nights sleep again.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If US government suspects they are about to lose their status as a Endless Money Printing Superpower, I have no doubt they would do a false flag and launch a war. Forcing the other side to fight as well.

In the future, we can expect few billion dead.

Bankers will not go down easily, it takes blood to take down monsters, anyone remember Hitler and Nazis

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join