It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Air Force investigating C-130J crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

WanDash
reply to post by Zaphod58

So are any of your thoughts on the matter 'out of the box', or, are you thinking 'strange & unfortunate accident'?
Seems strange (& unfortunate) to me...but, obviously, raises some question marks.
All parameters were for 'training' mission - does that mean, it was 'daytime', as well?
In other words - if it was day time, you wouldn't think the issue would have been faulty instruments or instrument readings...(?)

Sorry for the families.

It's a Low Level Two Ship Formation Exercise ..It's in the Day Time

IAF Checked twice the Planes If any Chinese Parts in the C 130 J ..But there's Nothing

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by WanDash

Something odd happened looking at the wreckage. The tail was completely upside down, and the few pictures I've seen shows little evidence of fire.

Yes ..Early Reports Mentioned the Villagers saw Fire on the Second C 130 J which one was Crashed

May be the Plane was Upside down When Crashed ..You can see the Tail and MAWS

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Zaphod58
It looks like the tail hit first, and broke off, and the rest of the aircraft impacted and exploded, and burned down into very small pieces. The CVR/FDR have been decoded by Lockheed Martin, and the data turned over to the Indian Air Force. Preliminary data seems to show that there were "inadvertent errors" leading to a low level stall. They were in trail with another aircraft, and had slowed to simulate dropping paratroops out the aft cargo door over the drop zone.

The Crew
edit on 4/8/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

You are Correct ..IAF says So It's an Misadventure by the Pilots

But Still There is No Reports of Stall

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

SajeevJino

WanDash

So are any of your thoughts on the matter 'out of the box', or, are you thinking 'strange & unfortunate accident'?
Seems strange (& unfortunate) to me...but, obviously, raises some question marks.
All parameters were for 'training' mission - does that mean, it was 'daytime', as well?
In other words - if it was day time, you wouldn't think the issue would have been faulty instruments or instrument readings...(?)

Sorry for the families.

It's a Low Level Two Ship Formation Exercise ..It's in the Day Time

IAF Checked twice the Planes If any Chinese Parts in the C 130 J ..But there's Nothing

Oh I see low lvl formation. one behind the other. then something doesn't add up.
So the one behind and lower inadvertently went into low lvl aerobatics.
Does'nt the IAF know about wake turbulences?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nochzwei

They fly low level all the time, and the C-130 has a pretty smooth wake turbulence behind it compared to other aircraft. It's far more likely he got low and slow and got too far behind the plane.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ok. Though I can understand a tandem formation,
but one behind the other is like asking for trouble at low altitudes

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nochzwei

Trail formations are usually done a mile to two miles in trail, so wake turbulence isn't an issue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join