It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next step. (Second Amendment)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My guess is we'll see civilian guns that can be "deactivated" by LEO. I hate to bring bad news, or even further the agenda by "inventing" the idea, but I forsee this 2nd Amendment work-around becoming part of the landscape....if it already doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Interesting theory. The same is being done with modern vehicles.
(www.livescience.com...)

We're already seeing "smart" weapons here on the West Coast that require biometrics to activate. Most gun owners won't go for it, though, and God knows there are plenty of conventional firearms out there to offset this development.

I could see it being useful for a parent who keeps one stocked & locked in their bedside table for the protection of children. But then again, no responsible gun owner I know doesn't strictly train their children in firearm safety. My brother and I were implicitly drilled to immediately tell an adult should we ever come across an errantly placed firearm, along with trained to unload a revolver or semi-auto should we ever need to.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DistantThunder

The tech is already out there and there is no protection for humans from these computerized weapons that can be bought. If someone is gonna own a gun that can see further and straighter that humans then somewhere in the programming of the weapon and law restrictions should exist. Just look at what could be done by hacking these weapons and having a few drones.
edit on 4-4-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I will point you no further than Apple's integration of the biometric fingerprint scanner that could be overridden with a photocopied fingerprint to demonstrate the flaws in the technology that is currently available. It may be attempted down the road, but with over 300 million on the market that are not fitted with it already, it will be a tough sell as those will become a hot commodity.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

DistantThunder
My guess is we'll see civilian guns that can be "deactivated" by LEO. I hate to bring bad news, or even further the agenda by "inventing" the idea, but I forsee this 2nd Amendment work-around becoming part of the landscape....if it already doesn't exist.

Good luck getting all us gun owners to turn in our weapons for retrofitting...

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

DistantThunder

Well, we see the problem with these techs (user control on guns) is they are too costly to implement.

We see it in that one gun that has the watch attachment with it.

The key though is NOW its too expensive, but as processing power becomes smaller and more ubiquitous? Who knows what trick we may see enter in to it.

Here, Ill give you an easy scenario I could see someone pushing, Guns, only for home defense? so why not require a base station with say 30 ft, once out the gun deactivates. It could be done with a simple radio receiver and transmitter.

But that is a false argument Anti-gun advocates like to use, Home defense was never the purpose of the right to the gun.

No matter what they would like us to Believe, the 2nd exist to protect YOU from tyranny, government or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Any major attempt at regulation through these guns that require a bracelet to operate, or guns that can be deactivated by LEO, will only result in a massive illegal arms industry like we see in the Philippines.

Dudes make very reliable and functional firearms out of scrap metal there. True story. It's not prohibitively difficult to make a firearm with a few simple tools.

At this point we get back to the very cliche, but totally accurate point that this would mean only criminals would have firearms. Criminals and the authorities. What a fantastic world that would be.
edit on 4-4-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join