It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls Show Most Americans See Through the Gun Control Spin.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Polls show most Americans see through the gun control spin.

Gun control advocates are often quoted in media accounts as saying that the vast majority of Americans are in favor of stricter gun control laws before they spin off onto the particular “commonsense” new law they are espousing that day from that organization.

Leaving aside the often dubious sources they cite, we are in a mid-term election year for Congress and many states have gubernatorial elections.

With elections squarely in mind, I bring your attention to the results of a new Rasmussen Reports national survey that finds only 40 percent of “likely U.S. voters” believe that the United States needs stricter gun control laws.

This poll records a nine-point drop from last May. As the Rasmussen press release notes, “Fifty-three percent do not think the country needs tougher gun control laws, the highest level of opposition in over two years.”

Its election time!

Which would explain the recent bombardment of pro-Left threads on ATS. Take a breather guys.

Just wanted to try and offset the steady stream of the one sided, pro-Liberal/Democrat agenda by posting some really good news.

With the ever growing intrusion of BIG government into our lives, people are realizing how important the 2nd Amendment really is and how these "gun control" laws only serve to disarm the average citizen.

edit on 4-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Simple, to the point and pure truth.
I love it. Doesn't get any better than that.

The veil is lifting from people's eyes. The political games, regarding this issue especially, that are played year in and year out are now more transparent to more people than ever before. It's a slow turn and I don't know if the full awakening will happen before it's to late, but this is a good sign.
But remember all Obama need's is a mass shooting of epic proportions to turn it around and the way thing's go with this administration I have a bad feeling for the near future. I smell a false flag mall type event that will turn the tide in their favor and there could be no turning back. Here comes the U.N small arms ban.
Then all bets are off and one could only guess as to what the outcome would be.
No 2016 elections?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm glad people are coming to their senses during this time of sociopolitical hangover, it's good that a majority doesn't support restrictions.

I'm even more glad that those wise men saw fit to draft a constitution that doesn't allow a majority to vote away the rights of others.

Hopefully more of that 40% will eventually join the ranks of those who believe the founders might have known a thing or two, they were probably just a wee bit more clever than the average american is today.
edit on 4-4-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Using pictures of mass murderers and obama pupet together is an epic fail.

Might need to read a history book, talking about gun change and mass murder not even close.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969

Might need to read a history book, talking about gun change and mass murder not even close.

Hey just give him some time. he's only just learning how to kill on a small scale now.
A little more practice and he could earn his place.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That is a very good thing because I'm not giving up my weapons any time soon.
I glad most can see that it never was a gun control issue, just mainly a mental health problem.
I don't want to go down that path right now, it would take longer then I have tonight to discuss, but taking guns off the streets will only create more problems in the long run. I have handled firearms since I was little and I never took the opportunity to go shoot someone because I got into a dispute with them(as much as I may have liked to, from time to time).
Still in all guns do not kill people, people do!

I'm really hoping nobody does anything stupid until all the idiots(not mentioning any names here for I believe those that read this are reasonably intelligent on this subject) are out of office, there political posturing on this subject is greatly starting to piss me off.

AB

dukeofjive696969

All those men on that poster had to start somewhere before they became mass murderers!
edit on 4/4/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969

Oh Really ? How many People have been Killed by Collateral Damage on Obama's Orders in the use of Tactical Drones ? Hundreds ? Thousands ? Hey , if the Shoe Fits.........

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

mark1167

dukeofjive696969

Hey just give him some time. he's only just learning how to kill on a small scale now.

yeah, given enough time, he might even hit Bush's level. Or Reagan....

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

mark1167

dukeofjive696969

Hey Obama just uses surgical strikes with drones. No need to make a mess.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Gun owners are the silent majority. When they hear the Mass Media blowing its horn about Gun Horror, they go, pffft and return to what they were doing.

I find the remote… click

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just a casual observation but I seem to remember hearing some comedian or other say that at least one or two people in the first row of faces were in fact, rich, pot-smoking slave owners. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

ETA Denis Leary maybe?
edit on 4/4/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
From the same site, Rasmussen:

s73% Favor Stricter Enforcement of Existing Gun Laws

Yes, apparently the People *have* awakened and spoken.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

intrptr
Gun owners are the silent majority. When they hear the Mass Media blowing its horn about Gun Horror, they go, pffft and return to what they were doing.

I find the remote… click

I think we are at the point where gun owners and their families cannot afford to look away. No challenge to liberty may go unanswered.

Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, anti-gun fanatics haven't altered their narrative or subdued their clarion call.

Gun violence in US has fallen dramatically over past 20 years, Justice Dept. report finds

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

1* Does the United States need stricter gun control laws?

2* Does the United States need stricter enforcement of existing gun control laws?

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence

1. 46%
2. 73%

From your source.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

beezzer

reply to post by Gryphon66

1* Does the United States need stricter gun control laws?

2* Does the United States need stricter enforcement of existing gun control laws?

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence

1. 46%
2. 73%

From your source.

I agree with this. I, too, support stricter enforcement of the 2nd amendment.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The assertion in the OP is that Americans are "waking up" and are not in favor of creating STRICTER gun control laws.

The assertion in my response is that a greater percentage of American ARE in favor of stricter enforcement of EXISTING gun control laws by almost a 2-to-1 margin.

If the claim is that a given Rasmussen poll actually proves something about the will of the American people, then the majority are perfectly fine with the laws in place, they just want them enforced.

Seems really clear.

Do I agree that a single poll means much of anything?

Absolutely not.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think people are also waking up to the ultra-authoritarian, ultra-totalitarian malarkey.

Mostly coming from the weird control freaks shouting loud and garbled.

Their whole agenda is to dismantle the Constitution.

They can't stand individualism.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969

Looks OK to me.

OP I'm glad people are waking up as well. We still have a ways to go and personally would be even happier to see that number drop to under 20%.

Pic is for you duke, ringing any bells?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I think we are at the point where gun owners and their families cannot afford to look away. No challenge to liberty may go unanswered.

I don't think they look away. They know what time it is. They just have better things to do than argue with hand wringers.

Case n point. Dianne Feinstein's demonstrations for news cameras about the evils of assault rifles after Sandy Hook.

No way to argue with the woman, they wouldn't even let gun owners into the room much less give them equal time. She has the floor and the media and sympathy of anti gun lobby. Her tirades fell on deaf ears as it turned out.

Gun owners know that letting things blow over is the best response anyone can give. Big windbags control the media but not Americas heartland.

Sorry, I am usually peaceful, I hate war and violence. But I know what the gun grab is all about and if they don't get their way already, they will once they remove the teeth behind the Republic.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I see the Constitution as being stronger than ever, it's on everyone's minds, we're actively learning about it and discussing it.

The First Amendment is going strong and is under current debate, which is generally healthy in a democracy.

The Second Amendment is stronger than ever, with over 300 million firearms in the hands of the American people according to the NRA.

The Tenth Amendment is more popular than it's been in 60 years or so. States Rights are a term on the lips of almost every pundit.

The Fourteenth, even though some would like to destroy it, is clearly seen to be more important every day.

So, I'd have to say that our Constitution is doing well.

Much better than under a President for whom it was "only a GD piece of paper."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join