It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Violence Rampant In Southern Red States

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

Were you looking in the mirror when you made that comment? Yeah, probably. Idiots behind the wheel kill far more than idiots behind the barrel.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Oh please ... take a look at gun violence in far left Chicago and far left Detroit and then get back to us about how bad red states supposedly are.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Ok Alaska is technically not a southern state but it should be considered the same. Although Alaska citizens are not taking in more from the Fed in dollars than the southern Fed dependent states.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Skymon612
Ok Alaska is technically not a southern state but it should be considered the same. Although Alaska citizens are not taking in more from the Fed in dollars than the southern Fed dependent states.

Well while you're at it. Consider this.

Zonk

Crime rates in liberal cities shockingly higher than in conservative cities

signed sealed and delivered. I bet the "Fed dependence" is right there as well.

no wonder "they" keep pressing the "state" statistics malarkey !!!

Shocking !!!

take the hint: The Beatles - Till There Was You

edit on Apr-13-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Erm,
NO. The liberal states are enjoying a reduction in violent crime, actually. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

The 15 most liberal cities in the US:
- Detroit, Michigan - 24 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Gary, Indiana - 15 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Berkeley, California - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Washington, DC - 13 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Oakland, California - 16 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Inglewood, California - 8 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Newark, New Jersey - 11 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Cambridge, Massachusetts - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- San Francisco, California - 7 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Flint, Michigan - 24 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Cleveland, Ohio - 14 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Hartford, Connecticut - 13 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Paterson, New Jersey - 11 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Baltimore, Maryland - 15 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- New Haven, Connecticut - 15 violent crimes/1,000 residents

The 15 most conservative cities in the US:
- Provo, Utah - 2 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Lubbock, Texas - 9 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Abilene, Texas - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Hialeah, Florida - 4 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Plano, Texas - 2 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Colorado Springs, Colorado - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Gilbert, Arizona - 1 violent crime/1,000 residents
- Bakersfield, California - 6 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Lafayette, Louisiana - 8 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Orange, California - 1 violent crime/1,000 residents
- Escondido, California - 4 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Allentown, Pennsylvania - 6 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Mesa, Arizona - 4 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Arlington, Texas - 5 violent crimes/1,000 residents
- Peoria, Arizona - 2 violent crimes/1,000 residents

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Erm,
NO. The liberal states are enjoying a reduction in violent crime, actually. Go figure.

erm nawww

That might an *illusion*

The conservative districts in those states might be making up the differences.

That's what I think.

You have to look closer at the crime areas and then at the way they voted.

That's the only way to know for sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I support the right to own a gun, what I can't stand seeing are lies and distortions regarding this issue...us vs them mentality getting stronger...the contrast being turned up. I bet the hardest gun rights nra member would piss his pants if really testing the might of the US Gov't. that's a losing battle. I think gun rights are important but letting your kid hold a loaded weapon is insane...do you give your kid the car keys too? its a touchy subject and the people who suffer a loss by an accident over stupidity deserve sympathy but everything is not black and white. Someone mentions 'gun law' and it automatically means turning over you guns to Obama.

I don't own a firearm yet but I plan to. Not to protect against a govt tyranny but for protection from my fellow citizens. We are a crazy bunch.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Lets not forget places like Chicago it is all but imposable to own a gun legally.
And they count cops killing people as well as self defense as "gun violence". (maybe hunting as well)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The only way to cut down all the violence is to squash the organized crime. If you cut out the gang violence from all the crime stats, it would be miniscule. They need to be taken out, until they are, violence will soar. It is tightly connected to the prison industrial complex as well, good luck getting by in prison, without at least becoming friendly with one of the various gangs, or paying for protection. Prison and the military, I hear are the best places gangs recruit new blood from.
edit on Sun, 13 Apr 2014 16:58:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Violent Crime Drops ...

The way they voted? So - you believe the "official" government/anti-government numbers about how many voted (whether 'not at all' or 'voted twice')? Whatever number of people they claim 'voted' is to be taken as fact ???

I've seen several of your threads now. I think you are pushing an anti-progress agenda....
am I wrong? Please clarify.

edit on 4/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Skymon612

That sounds more like you have a problem with cultures than with gun laws. Generalizing like that could be viewed as hate speech to be honest.

Do you have any concept of how offensive and hateful that is when directed at all the kind, decent, law abiding citizens of Alaska and the Southern States?

You should come visit sometime as it's harder to dislike people you know and you may be pleasantly surprised. You will find people here friendly and open in a way you will never see in northeastern and west coast cities.

Do your homework and you will find that that what you are talking about is due to domestic violence, drinking and drugs and guns are just a convenient diversion away from the real issues. Our violent crime rate is directly related to problems involving those issues; mostly in isolated villages, which make statistics very misleading. Statistics are easily misrepresented when the reader is not aware of the facts behind them.

I've lived in large urban centers like Los Angeles and the Seattle area and I felt far more fearful there than here. I live in the middle of Anchorage, a city of almost 300,000 and I've never seen a Police Car on my street in 14 years. In L.A. and Seattle area's, sirens and crime were an almost daily occurrence.

Perhaps, as our founders envisioned, it would be better if some things were dealt with locally and not in D.C.? If people who rely on wild game to feed their families were not lorded over by people who's idea of roughing it is a week a year in a luxury cabin or a $300,000.00 Motor-home.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelHart

i grew up with kids being in possession of guns. Its how you hunt, afterall.

My son, who is 16 now, shoots a 30-06 rifle while hunting, and carries a 9mm sidearm. He bought that 9mm (with his own money) when he was 12. I maintain possession of it, but "possession" is a loose term.

Some kids I would never allow around a gun. Because they are idiots. Most kids...they are like most people. They grow into most people, actually. If you train them a bit, teach them, hold them accountable and manage them, they learn to do some pretty cool things.

LOL @ "hold a gun"

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Okay...thanks for that...
and???

What about it?

Seems to me that ATS has some really hard-core partisan members....
and no matter what is presented, one side or the other is going to be offended/upset.

But, maybe it's just me being too sensitive (as is my wont). (Yes, 'wont' - not 'won't')

Synonyms
given, habituated, used [to], accustomed

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Over the span of 36 hours from Friday afternoon into early Sunday morning , at least 35 people were shot, four fatally, in Chicago. More than half of those shootings were in the last 12 hours of that time period.

Link

In Detroit people are getting fed up.

A Detroit homeowner opened fire on two teens who broke into his home early Wednesday morning, wounding one and killing the other, making seven suspects fatally shot by their intended victims in Detroit in just as many weeks.

Nonetheless, Detroit Police Officer Jennifer Moreno said the day after the shooting, “The citizens of Detroit are very tired of being bullied by these thugs, for lack of a better word. They’re defending themselves and their property and they have every right to do so.”

Sgt. Michael Woody of the Detroit Police Department agrees with Moreno. “We fully support our good Detroiters, good Americans that are legally in possession of weapons defending their homes,” he said. “We will support our citizens in that matter. This seems to be another one of those incidents.”

You get people scared and innocent people can die too.

Link

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Violent Crime Drops ...

The way they voted? So - you believe the "official" government/anti-government numbers about how many voted (whether 'not at all' or 'voted twice')? Whatever number of people they claim 'voted' is to be taken as fact ???

I've seen several of your threads now. I think you are pushing an anti-progress agenda....
am I wrong? Please clarify.

edit on 4/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Well let's see.

If topics start off on the basis of "Red" or "Blue", I guess it really is all about how groups being singled out in the topics voted.

Otherwise there would be no topics based on the reports that generate targeted statistics.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Hardcore partisan members on ATS? Nah, probably not. I mean, partisan bickering was only so bad, that ATS felt the need to open up a whole forum dedicated just to partisan mud slinging. Red states this, blue states that. I was only pointing out that the article you responded to was about liberal cities being incredibly violent.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Okay, great.

1. How many of those deaths were suicides?

2. How many of those deaths were from gang killings that got their guns illegally (like, you know, criminals tend to do) and probably would have happened anyway because thats what gangs do?

3. How many of those were deaths resulting from self-defense or from foiling a home invasion and that sort of thing?

4. How many of those deaths were caused by criminal negligence and, seeing as the person didn't follow the relatively loose controls, they would probably not follow the more strict ones either?

5. How many of those were hunting accidents that already involve a lot of safety precautions and requirements for education in many states, even red ones?

6. How many of those involve people that are illegally here because the government can't be bothered to police the borders properly, and the areas tend to have major problems with drug deals, drug mules, and the Mexican drug cartels in general?

Somehow I don't think that there's a map of those killings and where they occur because it would cause people to notice that it tends to concentrate in our inner cities where poverty, broken homes, and bad education is rampant. If we want to calm down the violence, we need to cultivate a culture of opportunity, respect, and self-sufficiency. Unfortunately, that is something that is never going to happen in this country because both parties would rather keep the poor in this country in the ghettos and trailer parks than actually structure the social safety net as a way to help people get back on their feet and possibly into their nice, neat gated communities.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I think if you want to divide America up by true differences in us, the gated community is your litmus test. The sheep and the coyote. Those who would happily take on more tyranny and volunteer to live under more rules. And the sane man, who seeks a way to eek out more from life through the pursuit of liberty.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join