It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Violence Rampant In Southern Red States

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For compare/contrast, CDC stats on causes of death. You have to get to #100 before you find a firearm involved.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

We all know that the sole purpose of a gun is to kill.

Says who ?

WHO ?

That is not it's sole purpose.

Okay Neo

So do you see hunters putting live deer on the dinner table???

You forgot to mention that the gun was used to kill the thing that is on the table.

The sole purpose of a gun is to kill

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

YO the GD piece of paper called the US constitution is clear on this issue.

Especially the BILL of RIGHTS.

I guess liberty, and freedom are just lip service because the only thing that some people are doing is demonizing a THING that the law already addresses.

People can NOT harm or kill someone is it is the LAW.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

This report does not conclude
that weak gun laws alone cause gun violence or that strong gun laws alone prevent
gun violence but rather that the association suggests a potential causal relationship.

This is the best they could come up with. Still reading the "study" but the only sources that the group used were from progressive sites. So I'll have to verify THEIR studies in order to determine any accuracy.

All you have to do is look at Western European nations to see that gun control does not increase gun violence or gun deaths. If that were the case there should be data that backs that conclusion up, there is not.

Wrong. You cannot compare apples to oranges. Those European nations also have a significant less amount of individual freedoms.

In order to truly compare America and any European nation, we'd first have to remove all constitutional rights, THEN compare.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

neo96

Says who ?

WHO ?

Okay Neo

You forgot to mention that the gun was used to kill the thing that is on the table.

Try again depends on where the person is aiming.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

that weak gun laws alone cause gun violence or that strong gun laws alone prevent
gun violence but rather that the association suggests a potential causal relationship.

This is the best they could come up with. Still reading the "study" but the only sources that the group used were from progressive sites. So I'll have to verify THEIR studies in order to determine any accuracy.

All you have to do is look at Western European nations to see that gun control does not increase gun violence or gun deaths. If that were the case there should be data that backs that conclusion up, there is not.

Wrong. You cannot compare apples to oranges. Those European nations also have a significant less amount of individual freedoms.

In order to truly compare America and any European nation, we'd first have to remove all constitutional rights, THEN compare.

European countries like the Swiss that lets the military take their guns home.

Yeah we need to be more like them.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Hardly apples and oranges, please list this disparity of freedom, case last I checked I can screw a hooker, smoke a joint, drink on the sidewalk and marry a man all in one night in Europe.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

neo96

spurgeonatorsrevenge

neo96

Says who ?

WHO ?

Okay Neo

Try again depends on where the person is aiming.

Once again Neo and his fallacies...

You are again commuting a fallacy of weak induction. The intent of the person using the gun is not the same as the intent of a gun. Try again

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

beezzer
www.americanprogress.org...

Here's the actual study.

I'm going to have to read more, but I've seen fewer holes in swiss cheese.

. . . .

Good work! The authors bios indicate that they are rabidly against guns and defiantly over-leaning left. The "facts" are sourced predominately from the CDC. Unbelievable, these guys must be pissed and scared to death that they are hitting a wall here. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is writing reports on gun related deaths? Why? Oh wait a minute, the Director of the CDC is a political appointee of the big"O". Now I get it.

Here is what they are supposed to do:

Improving health security at home and around the world – by preparing for, detecting, rapidly responding to and preventing health threats 24/7 to save lives and safeguard communities. These include global disease threats, antimicrobial resistance, foodborne illness and health care-acquired infections.
Reducing the leading causes of death and illness – by focusing on reducing disease that sap the quality of life and longevity of Americans, including tobacco, uncontrolled blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, physical inactivity, motor vehicle safety, prescription drug overdoses, and HIV/AIDS.
Strengthening public health & health care collaboration - by aligning, coordinating and integrating public health and health care to improve health outcomes.

I don't see anything about guns in there. Before you make the jump from the CDC studying guns prevents death, I will comeback with watching for killer astroids will also prevent deaths but I notice that NASA and others still do that.

Link

CDC did this at Obama's direction:

BUT This happened: CDC Gun Research Backfires on Obama Link

I just

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

neo96

YO the GD piece of paper called the US constitution is clear on this issue.

Especially the BILL of RIGHTS.

I guess liberty, and freedom are just lip service because the only thing that some people are doing is demonizing a THING that the law already addresses.

People can NOT harm or kill someone is it is the LAW.

Yet we have a standing military...
So you agree to dismantle the army and then we can talk constitutionality.

Are you in favor of dismantling the military?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Hardly apples and oranges, please list this disparity of freedom, case last I checked I can screw a hooker, smoke a joint, drink on the sidewalk and marry a man all in one night in Europe.

Good for you!

Countries like Germany have had decades of government control in almost every aspect of a person's life. From education to gun ownership.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So I found a real statistic. Not a 1:100k stat. I assume it's a real stat. It's from a "guns are mean" web site. They say 30,000 deaths per year. We have 195,000 from rotten doctoring. I see an imbalance in where we're focusing our attention. Just sayin'!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Are you in favor of dismantling the military?

No because once again the constitution is not a GD piece of paper.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

www.archives.gov...

Wait there's more there:

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The right of the people to be SECURE in their persons,houses,papers, and effects.

Amendment V No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

I have never killed someone so I have effing IDEA why I am being made accountable for actions I did not do.

I want my GD day in court.

Amendment VI In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence

Millions of gun owners HAVE NEVER HAD their days in court.

Amendment VII In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Guns cost a hell of a lot more than 20 bucks these days, and that is due to UNCONSTITUTIONAL gun control laws.

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The powers listed in the constitution of certain rights shall not be used to DENY or DISPARAGE(limit) others( rights) retained by the people.

Amendment X The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

www.archives.gov...

Guns are not banned by the constitution.

We the people have clear rights to them.

They can not be limited.

They can not be denied.

And that is a fact.

Gun control 'laws' are CLEAR civil LIBERTY violations.

Shame so many people support them.

That rather self evident fascism.
edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The people who are jumping on the bandwagon of guns being solely made to kill are ignorant.

I shoot in various competitions including skeet, trap and 3 gun. My Benelli Supersport is a DEDICATED trap/skeet gun. It is heralded above field guns which are for killing...birds.

I also shoot an ar-15 made specifically for 3 gun competition. It's made by stag arms and called the STAG 3G. Guess what the 3G stands for.

I also own a few rimfire and centerfire target pistols marked...you guessed it...TARGET.

But go and tag on some scary/intimidating terms/names and turn these into "weapons of death".

I mean dang...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Good for you!

Countries like Germany have had decades of government control in almost every aspect of a person's life. From education to gun ownership.

Great!

So since your evidence is so staggering, why don't you make a short list of things that Europeans cannot do that Americas can as it pertains to freedom. Since you say the two societies are apples and oranges I am getting ready to be knocked out!

I'll help you start

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

jessejamesxx
Just a couple points to consider, not to completely discredit your list or anything.

1. The places with the most gun crime also have the most people, which make the per capita lower, even though there's more of it - and those places happen to be urban centers like Chicago.

2. This study didn't compare other ways of dying/murder/suicide. What if the study showed that the liberal states had just as many or more murders per capita, but they were just with other weapons? Isn't murder, murder?

3. Does it really matter HOW people commit suicide - with a firearm, or jump in front of a bus? I think this study should also include the other ways of suicide, and see if they sky rocket in parts where guns are less accessible.

4. Of course Alaska has the most firearm deaths. Only crazy people move there, seriously.

Hey, I take offense to that! Okay, maybe not so much...I am a little crazy. I do like a glass of ice water when I take a shower.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
The people who are jumping on the bandwagon of guns being solely made to kill are ignorant.

I shoot in various competitions including skeet, trap and 3 gun. My Benelli Supersport is a DEDICATED trap/skeet gun. It is heralded above field guns which are for killing...birds.

I also shoot an ar-15 made specifically for 3 gun competition. It's made by stag arms and called the STAG 3G. Guess what the 3G stands for.

I also own a few rimfire and centerfire target pistols marked...you guessed it...TARGET.

But go and tag on some scary/intimidating terms/names and turn these into "weapons of death".

I mean dang...

Guns are made to kill period.

They were not invented to skeet shoot, open cans, free fish from a fish tank, turn cheddar into Swiss or any other such purpose.

Guns were designed to kill at long distance as opposed to other weapons , all other uses are thanks to the imagination of man.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Good for you!

Great!

So since your evidence is so staggering, why don't you make a short list of things that Europeans cannot do that Americas can as it pertains to freedom. Since you say the two societies are apples and oranges I am getting ready to be knocked out!

I'll help you start

Fill them in yourself.

The Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. I've lived in Europe far to long to even begin debating this futile gesture with you.

Don't like it?

You have three choices.

1.) Destroy America and make it some progressive utopia.

2.) Move.

3.) Suck it up, buttercup.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't get why you need a list.

Our ancestors left Europe to come to America because we got tired of their snip.

Even formed our own country because of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Good for you!

Great!

I'll help you start

Fill them in yourself.

The Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. I've lived in Europe far to long to even begin debating this futile gesture with you.

Don't like it?

You have three choices.

1.) Destroy America and make it some progressive utopia.

2.) Move.

3.) Suck it up, buttercup.

Yet here we are, second time in thirty years when a lefty president has had to reverse the fiscal and economic mess conservatives leave behind. You may pretend you do no see it, but thank god reality is documented.

Let me ask you;

If Obama is trying to destroy America, why is the economy steadily improving year after year??? Wouldn't that spoil Obama's plan?

Also, you should list those things dude. You made the claim that America has a host of freedoms that Europeans don't have, so it is up to you to prove your claim. But we both know you can't because your claim was just hot air.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join