It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Violence Rampant In Southern Red States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

All i said was those are sad numbers, why do you need to ask me a question that is off topic, is it because those number might be againts your thinking, and if it is why ask me, because i did not say what you need to hear.

Because it isn't off topic.

The thread is about "gun" deaths. So it is perfectly valid to ask you about them.

Cripes, this is like Animal Farm. All deaths are tragic, but some are more tragic than others (you know, if they're caused by those scary, nasty guns and involved the children).

Think of the children!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

beezzer

dukeofjive696969

Lol whaTs wrong with people reading, this thread shows gun death, sorry if the word gun and death brings so much anger in gun lovers, why cant we stay on topic, all i said its sad numbers, i did not say anything about politics or anything els, but ye keep up the attacks cause you guys need to feel better
edit on 4-4-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

It's actually false numbers.

I can't find the "study" in the OP's source.

Other studies indicate a complete opposite of the OP's numbers.

Unless someone else can provide another link to the actual study and data collection, I'm going to call this a hoax.

Great point, Google produced this link to the OPs title: www.occupydemocrats.com... rprise-gun-deaths-and-violence-rampant-in-red-states-with-less-gun-regulation/

And another great source of facts! Who is Occupydemocrats.com???

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by beezzer

Numbers Are used to push some:?ones agenda that is for sure, all i said was those numbers are sad, even if there skewed, make me sad to see so many deaths that is all.

All I want to do is verify the accuracy of the study.

link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Grab a dictionary, read up the word compassion, a death is a death, pushing your opinion on other is funny, making fun of death well im sure you can find a word

link   

whywhynot

beezzer

dukeofjive696969

Lol whaTs wrong with people reading, this thread shows gun death, sorry if the word gun and death brings so much anger in gun lovers, why cant we stay on topic, all i said its sad numbers, i did not say anything about politics or anything els, but ye keep up the attacks cause you guys need to feel better
edit on 4-4-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

It's actually false numbers.

I can't find the "study" in the OP's source.

Other studies indicate a complete opposite of the OP's numbers.

Unless someone else can provide another link to the actual study and data collection, I'm going to call this a hoax.

Great point, Google produced this link to the OPs title: www.occupydemocrats.com... rprise-gun-deaths-and-violence-rampant-in-red-states-with-less-gun-regulation/

And another great source of facts! Who is Occupydemocrats.com???

Thanks, I'll explore that avenue. . . .

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

beezzer

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by beezzer

Numbers Are used to push some:?ones agenda that is for sure, all i said was those numbers are sad, even if there skewed, make me sad to see so many deaths that is all.

All I want to do is verify the accuracy of the study.

All you have to do is look at California,Chicago, and Washington DC.

Areas with the highest number of firearm regulations to see the real deal here.

And the agenda that is being pushed.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And after the whole 72 page report.....

All they came up with is:

Conclusions;

Regulate the secondary market for guns.

Prohibit dangerous people from possessing guns.

Impose strong penalties on straw purchasers, gun traffickers, and persons illegally carrying guns.

Restrict access to particularly dangerous weapons.

see page 41

I didn't see anything about specific cities or ??? (you know what).

edit on Apr-04-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Hey, have you guys ever met a progressive or libertarian who is just fine with gun ownership? I know several.

I'm sick half to death of this ridiculous argument! No one is trying to grab anyone's guns. Period.

Well I consider myself a classic liberal and libertarian and think gun ownership is just fine. In fact I believe it to be a self evident and natural right.

Ask gun owners in Connecticut if their guns aren't being confiscated or at least trying to be confiscated. Yes they are trying to take them, failing but still trying.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

I'm not making fun of death. I am making fun of how the deaths of children suddenly mean something when they are convenient to the preferred politics of the day. In contrast, those same children are just "clumps of cells" when we start talking about another hot topic of the day and not to be considered people at all. Who's making light of death then?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Regulate the secondary market for guns.

Prohibit dangerous people from possessing guns.

Impose strong penalties on straw purchasers, gun traffickers, and persons illegally carrying guns.

Restrict access to particularly dangerous weapons.

Sorry, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with those ideas.
What's the prob then?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Still pushing your agenda, usng abortions lol, come on i get it, your right wing, its ok i wont judge you for that, im sure your an awsome person, i just dont understand why when all i said is its sad that there so many deaths, that i personally dont think americans will lose there guns even if idiots from the left cry over guns.

Why do you guys need to reply and force feed me same propaganda you hate so much

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ask gun owners in Connecticut if their guns aren't being confiscated or at least trying to be confiscated. Yes they are trying to take them, failing but still trying.

I don't know anyone in Connecticut, but I believe you if you say some people are trying to take their guns.
Otherwise, it appears we agree.

Are you in Connecticut?

edit on 4/4/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by ketsuko

Still pushing your agenda, usng abortions lol, come on i get it, your right wing, its ok i wont judge you for that, im sure your an awsome person, i just dont understand why when all i said is its sad that there so many deaths, that i personally dont think americans will lose there guns even if idiots from the left cry over guns.

Why do you guys need to reply and force feed me same propaganda you hate so much

Ah, I see you did not read my reply to your post in the Libertarian thread. If you had and actually, you know, paid attention, you'd understand my position on it.

But, no, it's more convenient to just hurl out a label.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
'Gun Violence' rampant in 'Southern Red States' !

Such absolutism the above graphic is from the last presidential election.

lawprofessors.typepad.com...
edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

neo96
Gasp the horror !

All them guns getting up all on their own going around hurting people.

Someone must 'Do' something ! ! ! ! !

'gun violence' eh ?

It's a lot harder to do it with your hands, that is the point.

link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by ketsuko

It is a valid criticism that points out the LACK of consistency surrounding 'gun' deaths.

Apparently the only thing that cant be used to 'kill' them is a gun.

Procedures, and big pharmaceuticals is perfectly acceptable to prohibit, and end human life.

link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Im still wondering why you added smiley faces, compared abortions and all i stated was them numbers off death made me sad.

Now your playing the victim

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

neo96
Gasp the horror !

All them guns getting up all on their own going around hurting people.

Someone must 'Do' something ! ! ! ! !

'gun violence' eh ?

It's a lot harder to do it with your hands, that is the point.

No the point was.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

And they uses alot of things to kill other people,

But wait that is 'against' the LAW already.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

No, I'm not in Connecticut but here's a thread I did a while back on it. It's cover's the outlawing of certain guns, magazine's and the demands by TPTB there in regard to the issue. Also shows the response they got.

Patriot Group Fights Back Against Confiscation Order

edit on 997pm2727pm52014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ketsuko

dukeofjive696969

All i said was those are sad numbers, why do you need to ask me a question that is off topic, is it because those number might be againts your thinking, and if it is why ask me, because i did not say what you need to hear.

Because it isn't off topic.

The thread is about "gun" deaths. So it is perfectly valid to ask you about them.

Cripes, this is like Animal Farm. All deaths are tragic, but some are more tragic than others (you know, if they're caused by those scary, nasty guns and involved the children).

Think of the children!

Of course, never mind that death can be avoided in many instances.

Clearly humanity is unable to fix the problems it creates, might as well give up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join