It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Violence Rampant In Southern Red States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Neo made a very good point.

The gun doesn't shoot itself. There must be a person behind the gun to pull the trigger.

I'd be willing to bet that those states with higher gun violence also have higher poverty and overall crime rates. If people are desperate and in need, they will commit crimes.

It would be interesting to see those aspects compared to the stats in the OP. The results would give you a better idea of why those states have more gun violence.

People kill people, and so does their own government.

Like running guns to Mexico, and arming two bit dictator, terrorists alike all over the globe.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hey, have you guys ever met a progressive or libertarian who is just fine with gun ownership?
I know several.

I'm sick half to death of this ridiculous argument! No one is trying to grab anyone's guns. Period.

edit on 4/4/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

SpaDe_
Well I won't put any stock in a study done by, or funded by this group.

The Center for American Progress is a partisan left wing public policy research and advocacy organization. Its website states that the organization is "dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through progressive ideas and action". The Center presents a liberal viewpoint on economic issues. It has its headquarters in Washington, D.C.

Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton’s campaigns

Source

Exactly. Nothing like an unbiased news source.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by neo96

Good old neo, what does your question have to do wih my statement, all i said what its some sad numbers and nobody is coming for your guns.

Keep up the agenda pushing

So you can't or just won't answer the question.

Yeah someone is pushing an agenda.

Like 'Gun violence', and mocking gun owners.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Sad fact is nobody is coming for your guns, people talk about it but nothing will really change
edit on 4-4-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can't open the link. My computer has an anti-bs blocker though, so that may be it.

The left is panicking, that much is obvious.

ETA;
I even went on the website and couldn't find the source.
edit on 4-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Here is the counterpoint to your source and stats:

Gun control advocates be advised, these are not the statistics you are looking for.

According to data from the FBI’s uniform crime reports, California had the highest number of gun murders in 2011 with 1,220 — which makes up 68 percent of all murders in the state that year and equates to 3.25 murders per 100,000 people.

The irony of such a grisly distinction is evident when you look at which state was named the state with the strongest gun control laws in 2011 by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You guessed it — it was California.

“What is very unusual is that California also has a program by which we can remove guns, recover guns from people who have a gun and then subsequently become prohibited or dangerous,” Brady Campaign spokeswoman Amanda Wilcox said at the time.
Gun control advocates be advised, these are not the statistics you are looking for.

According to data from the FBI’s uniform crime reports, California had the highest number of gun murders in 2011 with 1,220 — which makes up 68 percent of all murders in the state that year and equates to 3.25 murders per 100,000 people.

The irony of such a grisly distinction is evident when you look at which state was named the state with the strongest gun control laws in 2011 by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You guessed it — it was California.

“What is very unusual is that California also has a program by which we can remove guns, recover guns from people who have a gun and then subsequently become prohibited or dangerous,” Brady Campaign spokeswoman Amanda Wilcox said at the time.

Link

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

~Lucidity

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground on this issue.

There HAS been a lot of middle ground. Since 1934, actually, The People have ceded to that middle ground. So now, we are standing here all these years later, after several new laws passed to take up more of the "middle ground", that i agree with those who absolutely refuse to even talk about it anymore. The middle ground was already had, almost 100 years ago. That wasn't enough, and subsequent laws have continued that encroachment.

If they want "middle ground", they should have been born sooner, when there was still a middle ground to be had. Now, we only have a tiny sliver left, and there is no room for a middle ground.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

dukeofjive696969
reply to post by kx12x

Sad fact is nobody is coming for your guns, people talk about it but nothing will really change

They aren't ?

REALLY ?

THEY ARENT ?

The State of Connecticut is now demanding that gun owners across the state turn in all newly-banned, unregistered firearms and magazines or face felony arrest. - See more at: www.thedailysheeple.com...

Tell me more how they 'aren't'.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So how many guns have been taken away, no proof just bs reporting, your attacking the wrong person but hey keep it up i get some giggles off your rabid attacks

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Serious question:

Why does the word "gun" need to be a qualifier in the phrase "gun death"? Does a gun being present for someone's death make it more or less tragic? Are guns having an impact on murder rates? Or is murder happening regardless of the presence of guns?
edit on Sat Apr 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Lol whaTs wrong with people reading, this thread shows gun death, sorry if the word gun and death brings so much anger in gun lovers, why cant we stay on topic, all i said its sad numbers, i did not say anything about politics or anything els, but ye keep up the attacks cause you guys need to feel better

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

This is not a very funny topic to a lot of Americans. Gun confiscation is a serious matter. It slays me when the left spouts off about freedom of choice, unless of course it is the freedom to choose to believe in the US Constitution. Amazing really.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969

Lol whaTs wrong with people reading, this thread shows gun death, sorry if the word gun and death brings so much anger in gun lovers, why cant we stay on topic, all i said its sad numbers, i did not say anything about politics or anything els, but ye keep up the attacks cause you guys need to feel better

I didn't attack you. I asked you a serious, and topical, question. If you don't want to participate, that is fine. But don't blame someone else for your reticence. That is your own. Own it.

Now, i will restate if you choose to participate. If you choose not to, you can simply just fail to reply.

Why do you find it remarkable in any way that "gun deaths" are parsed separately than other deaths? Does methodology really matter? I mean, if it were a discussion about "gas or charcoal", i would get it. The methodology changes the result. But with murder and guns? Methodology doesn't alter outcome. Dead is dead.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969

It's actually false numbers.

I can't find the "study" in the OP's source.

Other studies indicate a complete opposite of the OP's numbers.

Unless someone else can provide another link to the actual study and data collection, I'm going to call this a hoax.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

All i said was those are sad numbers, why do you need to ask me a question that is off topic, is it because those number might be againts your thinking, and if it is why ask me, because i did not say what you need to hear.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Boy those FBI stats sure do show a lot of activity in the Blue States.

Good report.

The "Accountants" always find a way to deflect.

link   
color me crazy but this is your second thread today pushing how correct this administration is in all its actions. IF you actually get away from your govt talking points and actually look up this info on your own without having to be spoon-fed this junk you might actually learn something.

In regards to your OP:
Never once has a gun got up on its own and hurt someone out of malice. People do that, bad people, don't blame the tool, because these idiots will use any tool available to them to continue to do these harmful things. Guns aren't bad, its the people behind them that's bad.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Numbers Are used to push some:?ones agenda that is for sure, all i said was those numbers are sad, even if there skewed, make me sad to see so many deaths that is all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join