It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two drug tunnels, with rail systems, found at U.S.-Mexico border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Federal agents have found big smuggling tunnels coming from Mexico into a warehouse in the San Diego area !!!

Arrests were made.

More alarming is the story says authorities have "detected" at least 80 smuggling tunnels on the border !!!!!

Big business for sure.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. federal agents have uncovered two drug-smuggling tunnels underneath the U.S.-Mexico border, both surfacing in San Diego-area warehouses and equipped with rail systems for moving contraband, officials said on Friday.

The discovery led to the arrest of a 73-year-old woman accused of running one of the warehouses connected to a drug smuggling operation, according to a joint news release by four federal agencies.

The tunnels were discovered as part of a five-month investigation by the so-called San Diego Tunnel Task Force.

Two drug tunnels, with rail systems, found at U.S.-Mexico border

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And there are hundreds more they havent found yet...or have been "paid" to not find.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

i saw a news report on this just a couple of months ago and they showed how the border patrol, dhs, and others seal them up.

they wall them up, and then fill it with concrete on the U.S side.
some of the tunnels they showed were real elaborate, rails lighting and rest stops.

edit on 4-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
here's my surprised face

As we all know the US and Mexico are very much in cahoots when it comes to the drug trafficking biz.
Maybe some newbie on the force found out about the tunnels and was raising a stink about it.

New agent: Hey everyone!!! I found drug tunnels!!!
Old agent: Damn it... Bob found some of the tunnels. I guess now we have to close those (sigh) put his a$$ on desk duty until we can dig some more.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

73-year-old woman

But they got the criminal

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

That's one bad ass grandma.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Talltexxxan
here's my surprised face

As we all know the US and Mexico are very much in cahoots when it comes to the drug trafficking biz.
Maybe some newbie on the force found out about the tunnels and was raising a stink about it.

New agent: Hey everyone!!! I found drug tunnels!!!
Old agent: Damn it... Bob found some of the tunnels. I guess now we have to close those (sigh) put his a$$ on desk duty until we can dig some more.

Good Point.

It could also be some political grandstanding too.

And maybe somebody got aced because of botched payoffs.

It happens to bookies who don't lay-off over-bets on the right bigger bookies.

They become sacrifices for the cause.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Very true.
Gotta show the people what their tax dollars are doing. Job security at its finest. They were probably tunnels they were done using anyways and the granny just didn't hear the other guys say," Hey!!! granny!! The feds are gonna be here tomorrow, so clear out. Whaaaaaat you say??!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sadly, there is too much corruption on both sides of the fence so I don't see this problem ever being resolved.

top topics

join