It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream media misses protests’ point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Cherry-picking moments from those videos, or from that long day of multiple sites of protest involving hundreds of individuals, I have no doubt you could find some people whose behavior was objectionable, but you could do that with literally any movement in history.

APD Ad Absurdum

I watched firsthand, standing toward the front of a crowd of perhaps a hundred unarmed protesters on the edge of Civic Plaza late Sunday night, as we were almost completely surrounded by literally an entire police force prepared not for a group of dissatisfied citizens but for war. And that is not an exaggeration. There were hundreds of armed police, all with riot shields, batons, gas masks and guns, in row upon row upon row. The smell of tear gas was everywhere, stinging everyone's eyes and throats; and on every side but directly behind us, I could see police with their faces hidden; machine guns or assault rifles in their hands; police cars; flashing lights; and armored vehicles―the kind you'd typically see in Iraq or Afghanistan.

The entire city of Albuquerque and New Mexico as a whole, has been/will continue lying to the public.
From small towns on the reservation, to the cities like Albuquerque; The Police State has been doing a very good job at harassing civilians by stripping them of their rights and letting the story remained 'lost' and 'un-commented' or 'further investigations required'

Everything is a load of crap coming from the MSM

These are only 2 examples of how they are lying to the face of America and the world as a whole.

example: Taken from here and here

APD showed up to look good for the cameras. They're making the city look like its citizens are losing it.
But what can you expect of a city, whose officials will not and have not done anything about this particular situation and many other problems we the people face or have faced in the past??

They will continue to twist the story so the world thinks everyone involved in the protest is a suspected 'terrorist' or 'gang-affiliated' in some way or another

The officials are saying reforms for the 'force' Reforms

The MSM continues under-estimating the people that were involved in the recent protests'. They fail to remember that their reporters are not the only ones who were there.

The truth will be getting out sooner than later. I'm one of the few who will be calling-out their lies. Many others will soon follow and see past the illusion of "trust in your government and leaders"

The Governor of New Mexico, I was told, asked for the help of DHS to come in and "handle" the protest' (if it escalate even more) in an interview, i've been trying to find but with no luck so far.

The POV (point-of-view) from one of ours has not made headlines now has it. Be wary everyone, when you read into the coming events in New Mexico.

IMO: The leaders will dismantle the force for a short time being, while increase in crimes raise up dramitically, the people WILL BE tricked into thinking that they are no longer safe and will ask for 'leaders' to push for 'use-of-force' or something along those lines on the so-called 'criminals' once again and everything will go back to the way it was..An even stronger militarized-police force

On commentor says this as well.

Taken from same page as "Reforms"
"JohnDoe2000 •8 hours ago

I hope everyone realizes what is going to happen now. In an effort to "punish" their detractors, APD is going to start to turn a blind eye to real crime. They will do this punitively and to try to garner support for the heavy-handed tactics that neither the public nor the semi-worthless DOJ will let them get away with anymore. Crime will go up as the city, court and jail industry's revenue goes down, fewer traffic tickets will be written, more cops will fail to show up in court -- whatever they can do to try to make people think that their previous tactics were the better approach. Mark my words."

This situation in New Mexico is the 'boiling point' for many in the surrounding areas. people are very out-raged, including myself, by the lies the MSM has been feeding everyone about the protest'

If you live here, get out and be a part of these protests. They're important. And there will be more. To paraphrase Skyler from “Breaking Bad,” we need to keep this city safe from the people who keep this city safe. Protest, go to City Council meetings and get informed―read anything you can on the subject―sign petitions, write letters and help make the movement one you can you be proud of. The problem is bigger than a few violent cops―the problem is a system that trains those cops to be violent and then excuses them from all accountability when they, for instance, shoot a homeless camper to death. The problem is that we have become a police state. As citizens, it's both sane and adult to demand that the armed presence that controls our city be subject to oversight and reform, particularly when that presence has had such an exceptionally lethal recent past.

And please, don't let criticisms you may have of nuances of various corners of the protests blind you to the legitimacy of the larger cause. Citizens standing up for their rights is not going to cost the city any jobs―that boring, small-minded complaint―if anything it's empowering us. And in a group as varied as the hundreds of protesters who took part in Sunday's protests, judging the whole by the actions of any small part would be silly. A crowd isn't a monolithic entity. Sure, hacktivist group Anonymous was at these protests, but these weren't Anonymous events. Hippies were there, but these weren't hippie events. Punks were there, but these weren't punk events. The inclination to portray all the protesters as the same is wrong. Only one group there was unanimously armed and prepared for violence. That group was APD. And they looked preposterous.

A question for all who may have a problem with how the protest was handled:

Hypothetically speaking, I line up everyone you care most about in front of you, One-by-one I begin to hurt them or instantly, executing them, How long will you stand there till you decide to do something??...the twist....I'm an Officer of the Law.

Please share your thoughts but remain respectful

-Cya

edit on 4-4-2014 by D3AD537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by D3AD537

I don't think they missed the point, they are consciously avoiding it. For what reasons is probably varied but, antithetical to transparency nonetheless.

Good thread.

edit on 4-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The MSM needs to be exposed.

They are lazy lap dogs.

We will never unite with these liars delivering the News.

Peaceful protest against the MSM....I'm all in.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

"After more than eight hours of walking through downtown Albuquerque, protesters started vandalizing property, with one person seemingly attempting to take down the street sign at Central and Yale, and other protesters spray-painting property. . "Officer Tasia Martinez of APD confirmed late Sunday night that protesters left damage and graffiti all along Central Avenue that will have to be cleaned up at least all day Monday."

Msn did nothing wrong that I can see-you are the one cherry picking. Just plain ole forgot they caused all that damage. I think they were lucky-if they had tried something like that here it would have been much worse.

I guess you are saying that if your mad about something you can break the law and destroy property.

Here is another one you forgot. They tried to shut down the interstate by slinging their signs into onrushing traffic and blocking the entrance ramp.
edit on 4-4-2014 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

spooky24

"After more than eight hours of walking through downtown Albuquerque, protesters started vandalizing property, with one person seemingly attempting to take down the street sign at Central and Yale, and other protesters spray-painting property. . "Officer Tasia Martinez of APD confirmed late Sunday night that protesters left damage and graffiti all along Central Avenue that will have to be cleaned up at least all day Monday."

Msn did nothing wrong that I can see-you are the one cherry picking. Just plain ole forgot they caused all that damage. I think they were lucky-if they had tried something like that here it would have been much worse.

I guess you are saying that if your mad about something you can break the law and destroy property.

My goodness, vandalism was the root cause all along. I guess that girl who got tackled had a look of 'art' in her eye. Totally justifies the armed for bear posture of our public servants.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

The few who were left, about that time, we're looking for trouble..They had nothing to do with the protest itself. Police Chief said so himself that there may have been others involved that had nothing to do with original protest..ever heard of provcateurs?

I'm looking and have been looking for the informats who came out and said they we're coerced with threats to dismantle the protest on sunday..they're talking with fbi about it..still waiting on an update.

okay if your so knowledgable about how this should be handled..please share with the entire city of albuquerque how police brutality should be handled...you seem to focus with the bad side of the news...everyone there was not armed or causing any trouble till APD showed for a fight...

Answer my hypothetical question in the OP so its on record, please

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

spooky24

Here is another one you forgot. They tried to shut down the interstate by slinging their signs into onrushing traffic and blocking the entrance ramp.
edit on 4-4-2014 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

In a city who's very oblivious to how the system works..what would you do to get peoples' attention in the streets..how would you raise awareness..i don't see you contributing to the cause in any way.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by D3AD537

The MSM isn't missing the point. They are an appendage of the Fascist state. All the fear mongering and turning people against virtual enemies is part of the overall Fascist strategy.

When other governments are considering greater authoritarianism, they look at the US as the model. They most certainly don't use the US as a model for governance, morality, spirituality or anything else.

The US is a caricature of itself and it's ignorant, passive population is a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Before a majority of the populace wakes up to that fact and claims their rightful power, nothing will change.

New Mexico is a microcosm of the Fascist police state. The architects and operatives of this evil must face justice.

Boycott corporatism and the MSM.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D3AD537

They've done this since for decades now. The same thing was done in the media with the Anti-War protests, Free Speech Movement, the Civil Rights Movement and Occupy (yep, they did it to Occupy, too). In his last speech on April 3,1968 (lol, kind of funny but it's one day over the 46th anniversary of this speech), Martin Luther King Jr said this:

Secondly, let us keep the issues where they are. The issue is injustice. The issue is the refusal of Memphis to be fair and honest in its dealings with its public servants, who happen to be sanitation workers. Now, we've got to keep attention on that. That's always the problem with a little violence. You know what happened the other day, and the press dealt only with the window-breaking. I read the articles. They very seldom got around to mentioning the fact that one thousand, three hundred sanitation workers are on strike, and that Memphis is not being fair to them, and that Mayor Loeb is in dire need of a doctor. They didn't get around to that.

www.americanrhetoric.com...

It's actually quite effective. The media basically picks out the small amounts of lawlessness in any protest (some of which, as in the protests in the 70's may have been due to COINTELPRO) and uses it to validate any action against the protesters. The only times that it proved to be ineffective against building public support of violence against protesters was Kent State. Despite hooliganism, vandalism and bonfires, the public wasn't down with shooting unarmed college students. In the Civil Rights Movement, there were also shooting deaths of protesters and the actual beat down of a march was televised. It was actually one of the reasons why the Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed.

These days, they don't televise what is done to protesters at all or even what the issues are. Apparently, they learned. Reporting the injury of police officers or vandalism guarantees a hostile public. I'm a huge fan of the First Amendment and I realized that they don't need to make a law against protest. All they need to do is whip up public hostility to protesters and beat downs.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

ever heard of provcateurs?

Without a doubt that is a possibility. Just who would have done this is quite perplexing. I don't see any clear motive unless it was just-I don't know the political situation. I think this is the same police force that got 'extra scrutiny' by the IRS that was quickly buried. You are right about how these things are timed to start the trouble towards the end-to sell it better.'

That would be the Bureau that would investigate that sort of thing. You might not believe it but that was the first thing I thought as the plan would be to separate the groups as best you can, take signs and use them as weapons, isolate the leaders then start the trouble in that sector-as close to the leaders as you can get. At least that is the way the Bureau teaches it.

Since they would be the ones investigating it.......I still don't see any motive. Violence hurt both sides equally. I just don't see anything that could be gained by inducing the violence from either side.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

spooky24

Violence hurt both sides equally. I just don't see anything that could be gained by inducing the violence from either side.

Although true, however, remember, that the protesters were not in any way,for the majority of the day, trying to induce violence.

Everyone throughout the day was very happy and very angry. People cried and people smiled. It did not matter if we agreed about anything, our message was clear.

We are tired of the system failing. It is no longer working in our best interests. Either do something now or we the people will once again.

The police state was looking for us. Not the other way around. We were looking to our leaders to fix the injustice not only for the recent events but trying to get the whole world to see that corruption is no longer going to pass by. Not without everyone standing up for their rights as humans.

my answer to your statement quoted above: the violence from the elite side will continue as long as we the people hold back what were truly capable of. Far too long have we march these streets claiming distress on various levels of corruption and you know happened...nothing.
Im not advocating anything when I say this, however, there will be a time when peace talks and marches will only do soo much. One day, perhaps soon, we will have to fight back. Killing them with kindness obviously never helped as we still continue to live in the police state.

Keep repeating my hypothetical question to yourselves everybody and the answer comes quickly on how to resolve this.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by D3AD537

heh typical of MSM

thanks for that

top topics

join