It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Mysterious floating light caught on camera in Cumbest Bluff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I will go with a drone for hunting. They are being used in MANY states now and CO even had a law voting the use of them down. Would guess the hunters will never come forward but that would be the most likely explanation in my book....and just for reference so you know they are actually being used now:

Source

Alaska is poised to become the third US state to ban use of unmanned aircraft, or drones, by hunters, as several other states have taken steps to curb use of the technology when in pursuit of wild game.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Mianeye
Looks like the eyes of the deer reflect back at the camera.

Here is another pic taken with infrared of a deer reflecting light, no reflection on the camera though...

Actually i just found this one, same type of reflection from the eyes of the deer.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

That could very well be a part of it, well done!

They can't figure out where the strange light source is coming from in the video, that is a part of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

MAybe,but not two of them perfectly aligned. Man I just had a thought, I hope poachers don't start using drones for hunting or finding deer at night! MAybe that is a helicopter drone doing some surveillance on a patch of land that has deer feeders? Nah, that would be too much noise for poachers I reckon.

ETA: The eyes, yes, but is that one deer in original op facing the camera? Could somebody adjust light/dark for a better view of the deer's direction?

edit on 4-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Most likely poaching. Its called jacklighting. A pic I captured from the video…

The light source is off screen to the left (conveniently) and at ground level. Probably headlights in this case. Even though the news caster states "the camera produces no light", we can also see the foreground lit up from the cameras Infra red flash (Those LEDs pictured on the "trail cam").

Lets not get caught like deer in the headlights by a news story folks. You musta be aware by now that only the crap gets thru their "filter".

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's the reflection of the deer and her eyes:

You can clearly see the deer's ears, although the reflection is inverted, it's still a reflection. No "UFO" here.

edit on 4-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Yup...you pwned it!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Inverted,

edit on 4-4-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

You can clearly see the deer's ears, although the reflection is inverted, it's still a reflection. No "UFO" here.

Thanks for putting this one to bed, Bonez.

You get the whole dessert platter for that effort...

Des

edit on 4-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

I was about to suggest exactly the same until i saw you had posted about it

Probably caused by moisture on the lens.

edit on 4-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow a double post after hitting reply.
edit on 4-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That looks extremely delicious! Thanky!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

This is why I love ATS. Well done BoneZ, solved on the 5th post on page 2

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

double post
edit on 4-4-2014 by keenasbro because: double post

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why'd they show a camera attached to a tree? it's clearly on the inside of a window, the glass of a window will show the beam of an infrared camera as bright as white light. I'm looking at the back of my car right now from a monitor, and I clearly see the beam from the infrared camera reflected in the car's back screen. Seeing things in the infrared is tricky, Another view I'm looking at has a lamp standard in the garden, it has three lamps, but to view it, all you see is a single perfect globe of light, and if it was pointed at a crescent moon, even a sliver, the view would be the same, a perfectly round globe of light.
edit on 4-4-2014 by smurfy because: posting text doesn't like the word window??

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The lights are pretty high up in the trees, although it looks like there might be a building or something over there.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So I guess that means the other pic with the lights are deer eyes as well?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Good job!

And that is why I love ATS!
Well partly why...lol

partial solving of mystery!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

intrptr

Most likely poaching. Its called jacklighting. A pic I captured from the video…

The light source is off screen to the left (conveniently) and at ground level. Probably headlights in this case. Even though the news caster states "the camera produces no light", we can also see the foreground lit up from the cameras Infra red flash (Those LEDs pictured on the "trail cam").

Lets not get caught like deer in the headlights by a news story folks. You musta be aware by now that only the crap gets thru their "filter".

Agreed, the infrared is a light source, it has a beam.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

I'm going to have to go with Bonez on this, looks like a artifact from the camera involving the deer. I personally prefer beef over venison but who knows about the saucer men!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

smurfy
Why'd they show a camera attached to a tree? it's clearly on the inside of a window

Actually what you're seeing in the image I posted above is the video being displayed on their TV with a glossy screen, then recorded by a camera. So, yes, there's reflections on the TV.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join