It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman: Members of Congress are underpaid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

badgeractual
I agree that they are totally underpaid. We send far more money to support terrorism overseas. I think they all deserve a raise once they make it to the gallows.

I hope this is sarcasm.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If he isn't happy he should stop griping and get a better paying job where he doesn't have to work so hard. I would do that job for just living expenses (no need for a big fancy house) if I were qualified.

You need to get along with each other so things can get accomplished (interpersonal skills), understand the committee(s) you're responsible for (some specialized knowledge), and be able to be a conduit between the people and various government agencies (State/Fed). You also must be able to write/approve laws so evidently need a law degree (don't know if its required but it seems as though it would be). The last one disqualifies anyone who isn't already an attorney but if he can make better money practicing as say, a defense attorney he is free to leave his post and go do it (free will). No one should elect someone in who gripes about their wage - he knew what it would be before he took office. It's supposed to be a position to effect change and to serve the people. It isn't supposed to be about money.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
These people need to shut up.

They get benefits for working less than full time (113 out of 365 days does not full time make) and make more than the federal minimum wage.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
How awesome it must be to have that much of an over inflated sense of self worth.

I wonder if after saying that he watched the sky for Zeus to strike him down with a lightning bolt. I would have belly laughed right in his face if I would have had the privilege to hear one of the most face palmingest statements ever uttered in person. Perhaps even a rousing guffaw.

Bonehead of the year award goes to............. well probably not Moran he's definitely in the top ten.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What a joke, and on top of that salarie add there office spending money, not sure how it works souh of us, but politicians in canada get a salarie, traveling expensive and an office budget.

Waste of our tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I'm not sure if this thread is better or worse than the other one, but this has already been addressed on another thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Mr. Owl, is he that out of touch or is he just trying to p*** people off?

The world... "Crunch"

May never know...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Jim Moron is Retiring - the only reason he said it...

He fails to mention each House Member gets $1,000,000.00 per year of taxpayer money to spend as they see fit on their office expenses with few restrictions attached...no corruption there?
lol

& each Senator gets $2,000,000.00 per year it's a complete joke!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join