Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is Noah an FU to evangelical conservatives? SPOILERS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by WarminIndy

SCREENWRITER posting here...FILMMAKER posting here...WarminIndy is the screenwriter. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are the Screenwriter and Filmmaker for Gone With the Wind? I'm honored to have made your cyber-acquaintance.

Awesome (and I'm not being facetious - I'm just off-topic).

LOL, you know what I meant though.

WarminIndy is the resident screenwriter in the forum. Had I written Gone With The Wind I probably would have killed myself, my heroines aren't so whiny and bossy.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I just saw the movie last night and enjoyed it. I think there are a lot of serious issues in here to think about, it's not a "fluff" movie like so many that are produced. Yes, it's definitely not all faithful to the biblical story, but the bible stories are so abbreviated and without detailed background info that there is a lot open to interpretation.

I don't think it was all just an attack against evangelicals, though there are definitely overtones of that in many sections. I was really intrigued by Anthony Hopkins character Methuselah who seemed to have magical powers. Also the king raised interesting issues about the nature of man, and they used him as a way to raise existential questions about humanity.

I thought it was good overall and would like to get a lot more information about what they were trying to convey about the magic mineral, the watchers, how the descendants of Cain and Seth both thought the other ones were not legitimate humans, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It just came out on DVD, so I saw it recently as well. The thing that was weirding me out about the complaints when it first hit the news, and even now, after I've seen it is how much the detractors of the movie focus on the point that everyone in the movie only refers to the Creator as "The Creator". As if THAT is somehow proof that it is "unchristian".

There may have been many non-biblical themes and additions to the story of Noah in this movie (apparently lots of inspiration was taken from the Book of Enoch and other apocrypha), but complaining that God was referred to as "The Creator" is literally the stupidest flag for your movement.

<< 1   >>

join