It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our world is about to change forever: The 7th sense

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Ah, yes, Surrogates. Thank you.

Augmented or virtual. Tomatoes...tomahtoes...the twain shall meet. And, what I was thinking was that you could put the glasses on and get out there "cloaked" like in SL. Just a different manner of cloaking kind of. Then eventually you could put your glasses on your android...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Ah, yes, Surrogates. Thank you.

Augmented or virtual. Tomatoes...tomahtoes...the twain shall meet. And, what I was thinking was that you could put the glasses on and get out there "cloaked" like in SL. Just a different manner of cloaking kind of. Then eventually you could put your glasses on your android...

Not trying to be nit picky buuuuut.... virtual and augmented are very different systems for doing basically the same thing. (digital interaction).

Saying they are the same is like saying a car and a plane are the same, because they are both modes of transportation. You wouldn't use a jet if your just trying to get to the grocery store down the street and you wouldn't use a car if you were trying to go across the Atlantic.

Like I said not trying to nit pick but seeing as these two words are going to be part of our everyday vocabulary soon, I just want others to understand there is a difference.

I haven't played second life but I know of it. So I guess I'll have to play it to truly understand what cha talkin bout.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

tinner07
Honestly, looks like a lot of nonsense to me.
I guess if maybe your work was heavy into computers it could come in handy, especially while driving down the freeway and you need those spread sheets finished.

ok. so, sure..bunch of nerds needing spreadsheets done while driving down the freeway

or a painter whom is consulting someone, show them the room in question with the paint already applied via computer overlay through the glasses

or a interior decorator putting virtual furniture and architectural structured in a blank area, or even a completely open field

or putting a "skin" over your skin and pretend to be different people for a night for fun "Why hello Angelina Jolie, glad you could make it to dinner".

or turning your entire desktop and wall into a multi-screen monitor, and have a 90 inch television in a instant

or having perfect navigation, warnings, and alternate routes virtually represented while you drive

or trying on designer clothes without even putting on clothes

or showing different haircuts, makeup options, surgery procedures, etc in realtime to a potential client (or yourself in a mirror)

or a interface during surgery that shows every single issue on the fly as your cutting

or noticing someone fell down and an app automatically scans the person, sends for help while giving you information on what the potential problem is, maybe even a step by step realtime guide on CPR or other emergency measures while you wait for help...to include 9/11 operator medical staff able to connect up to your view and see whats happening/instruct you.

or a doctor sitting in his Pajamas at home linked up to you as you scan yourself or your spouse and examined for a tenth of the price of a visit to the doc.

or...etc

Take anything in life, anything at all...and you can imagine a application that would enhance it dramatically through augmented reality lenses. good functional things that otherwise wouldn't be readily available
..such as:
eating cereal: ok, so an app that tells you the nutritional content of the ingredients your putting in, a few "fun facts" as you eat, a monitoring of your blood sugar with a implant to show about where you need to be, etc

ok, how about hunting in the woods. Look down and see a track positively identified, to include weight, time since imprint was created, wind direction, maybe if sensors are implemented even what nearly imperceptible sounds of wildlife are nearby, etc

Not just a bunch of nerds wanting spreadsheets done as they drive. that is like saying computers are only used as bulky calculators and that's it.

I think you should reconsider just how profoundly this is going to change every single area of life for western society in the next 20 years

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just wish I could somehow reform myself back to a 14 year old body. I feel I was born about 25 years too soon. This is amazing stuff I wish I was growing up with, not seeing it as a full nearly middle age adult.

ok, so since I can't reverse time for myself, then clearly what needs to happen is hyperlongevity. I need to live another 200 years at least!!

upcoming tech is so damn cool.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Understood. I was further trying to say (poorly apparently) that they shall meet.

reply to post by SaturnFX

Kinda like this. I can give myself a hotter bod in SL via VR (not that I go there) and if AR can do this walking around in real life...there''s a similarity there. It brings the VR out into the real world, so to speak.
edit on 4/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Talltexxxan

parad0x122

Why is the title of your thread the 7th Sense?
Did I miss the memo about the existence of a 6th sense?

No you didn't miss the memo. The 7th sense was just the title name of the article in the OP.
Supposedly the 6th sense is psychic ability.

Ahhh, roger that. Lol I was gonna say...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

A Thousand stars to you sir for the very nice list of just a few of the possibilities. The List can honestly go on forever. Heck it could use its own thread by itself. "List of possible AR glasses uses. I know Im always trying to think of new software to make.
For awhile there, I thought I was the only one seeing the GIANT implications of this tech on our everyday lives. It ....will....change....everything.

I don't think its gonna take 20 years though. Seriously, by 2020 I see it as necessary as having your cell phone is today.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Talltexxxan because: spelling

edit on 4-4-2014 by Talltexxxan because: spelling (again)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Traffic's already freaking bad enough with idiots who can't seem to go the speed limit or freaking MOVE when the light turns green because they are reading their email/texting/making a call.

I shudder at this thought.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Kinda like this. I can give myself a hotter bod in SL via VR (not that I go there) and if AR can do this walking around in real life...there''s a similarity there. It brings the VR out into the real world, so to speak.

SHHHHHHHH!!!!! That's some of the tech Im developing right now.
Its gonna be so freaking cool. yall just wait.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Atheer looks pretty cool. But I did have to chuckle. These days we already have people walking around looking like they're crazy talking to themselves (Bluetooth). But with the glasses, not only will they be talking, but waving their hands all over the place.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

HAHAHA!!! Didn't think about that.

You'll be on the train wondering if the guy next to you is a complete nut case until you notice the Atheer One logo on the side of his glasses. The transition is sure to be a fun couple of years.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
For those that wanted to see the VR skydiving game I was talking about here is a Youtube review of it.
Warning: there are a few F-bombs dropped in the vid. If it has to be removed I understand MODS.

There are other more realistic skydiving games out there for the Rift but this one is honestly the most fun. And I know there are some gamers out there that don't care for this guy but I think he's hilarious....so enjoy.

The vid above is an example of Virtual Reality and the one below is a (albeit scary) example of Augmented reality.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Talltexxxan

A Thousand stars to you sir for the very nice list of just a few of the possibilities. The List can honestly go on forever. Heck it could use its own thread by itself. "List of possible AR glasses uses. I know Im always trying to think of new software to make.
For awhile there, I thought I was the only one seeing the GIANT implications of this tech on our everyday lives. It ....will....change....everything.

I don't think its gonna take 20 years though. Seriously, by 2020 I see it as necessary as having your cell phone is today.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Talltexxxan because: spelling (again)

Its profound. its more profound than most can even consider at this point and time. I am very encouraged at how things are progressing in AR. Its more interesting to me than VR frankly. VR is great and all (I am a big gamer), but its scope is relatively limited overall...but AR...

and imagine when it shrinks down to the size of contact lenses...

nerdgasm

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Just suddenly thought of loading time when you go into a different building or house...bleh.

But hey...lots of new work for virtual creators.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

and imagine when it shrinks down to the size of contact lenses...

Did you check out the video I posted above?
Its a what-if scenario of AR on contact lenses.

In reality though we've only gotten AR contact lenses up to 8 pixels so far. I don't think it will be long before we have the pixel hurdle figured out, my concern is how in the heck to power the little buggers.

The first 4 min of the vid is discussing the medical implications, so to see the AR tech with contact lenses jump to 4:00 in the vid.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Talltexxxan because: add text

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Traffic's already freaking bad enough with idiots who can't seem to go the speed limit or freaking MOVE when the light turns green because they are reading their email/texting/making a call.

We won't have to worry about that. Google is working on self-driving cars.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to try on a pair of Google Glass and I was very impressed. Let me tell you that as an electronic luddite, I still use a Motorola Razr phone and I might just skip the whole smart phone era and wait a few more months for these AR glasses to come out. I agree with TallTexan, the Atheer seems a lot cooler. I can definitely see some useful applications in my area of work in the clinical lab environment.
My only concern is that people will be constantly on Facebook and not have a real conversation. Just like now, but worse.

Good thread TallTexan. S&F

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Kratos40

~Lucidity

Oh geez. No where to run...from Google. Haha.

Would that really work out if some cars drove themselves and others still had humans driving? I suspect that too would just make the frustration worse for human drivers. We can't even make car pool or HOV lanes work. Just bring on the trains already.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oops. Double post.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Kratos40 because: double post.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Kratos40

~Lucidity

Oh geez. No where to run...from Google. Haha.

Would that really work out if some cars drove themselves and others still had humans driving? I suspect that too would just make the frustration worse for human drivers. We can't even make car pool or HOV lanes work. Just bring on the trains already.

I seem to remember quite a number of years ago they were making a highway in California that had self driving cars on it. They were using magnets driven into the road to guide the cars. Haven't heard anything about it in some time. Im sure the new self driven cars will be gps driven though.

There would have to be a special lane that you drove (yourself) next to then let the car take over and pull you into the lane itself, and then the car would notify you when it was time for you to take over again. IDK just brainstorming. I like driving though. I love my car. I would definitely give up the controls in traffic though so I could sit back until the congestion cleared up.

But if you take AR into affect there's a lot of info that could be given to you on the fly. It wouldn't get rid of human error but it sure as heck would help out. Just imagine knowing that 4 cars ahead of you the truck just slammed on his brakes. just a few extra seconds of knowledge can make all the difference.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join