It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Pick-up lines

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FancyName

No, it's not feigned. It's a turn-off to me.
But we are not the same age...not the same background...not even in the same country.

Your experiences have helped to mold your perspective.
Sometimes....people are actually being truthful, lol. I have no reason to lie...just telling you how "I" alone feel.
You don't have to believe me. I'm okay with that.

My son is 29...keep that in mind. I'm not a girl, I'm a woman.

jacygirl (girl is added to show gender, because the only Jacy I ever knew in real life was a guy...also jacygirl is an old nickname...just to clarify....I know how detail-oriented you are)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That is not always the case. For instance, if one happens to be stood outside a bar, smoking a cigarette, and notices a female failing to be able to light her own smoke, one merely proffers ones lighter to them, and thusly a conversation can come about, despite the fact that one would ordinarily do the same for anyone, regardless of the contents of their underwear.

Yeah but in this case you ask if she needs a light which is still a pick up line.

Similarly, if one is ahead of a lady in a queue, one can stand aside and allow her to jump a space. This also can begin a conversation, without the necessity of invading their minds without invitation. Making space at a bar, letting a lady board a bus ahead of you, despite your having been waiting longer, common courtesy, politeness and empathy... They may be old fashioned ideas, but I find myself much more comfortable with such things, than the idea of making unwanted intrusions into a persons headspace, without permission.

That's true and fine too. Action does speak louder than words.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

In the case of asking "do you need a light", it is not even necessary to ask. Just extend the lighter toward the lady, and smile in an accommodating fashion. There is no need to insert an agenda into it by speaking the words attached to the action.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To illustrate how long it has been since I've dated, the most common pick-up lines back then had to do with bees-knees, or a sock-hop!

You kids crack me up!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

No, it's not feigned. It's a turn-off to me. But we are not the same age...not the same background...not even in the same country.

I wasn't accusing you of that. I didn't say this was my MO or something, I was just being honest about a bad pick up line I used that happened to work out.

Your experiences have helped to mold your perspective. Sometimes....people are actually being truthful, lol. I have no reason to lie...just telling you how "I" alone feel. You don't have to believe me. I'm okay with that.

Just as long as it is clear that you are not lying, something I didn't accuse you of, lol.

My son is 29...keep that in mind. I'm not a girl, I'm a woman.

Why should I keep that in mind? BTW, the "girl" I said it to was pushin 40.

I know how detail-oriented you are)

On an almost autistic level, lol.

edit on 12-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

[check your private messages please]

edit on 12-4-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

TrueBrit

In the case of asking "do you need a light", it is not even necessary to ask. Just extend the lighter toward the lady, and smile in an accommodating fashion. There is no need to insert an agenda into it by speaking the words attached to the action.

But you still haven't done anything to distinguish yourself from most men. Polite yes, one could even say flattering but to just do it and not say a word will get you a polite thank you and that is about it. When I go out I can reasonably expect that if a man is anywhere nearby doors will be held open, when in crowded spaces they will let me pass first and if it looks like I can't find my lighter my cigarette will be lit for me. I have even on several occasions had men just randomly pump my gas for me. They will be given a polite thank you for their trouble and I will move on and not think twice about it. The difference between you and the guy that asks "Do you need a light?" and you is one has an interest in talking to me and the other is just being a servant. Servants get ignored.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The difference between you and the guy that asks "Do you need a light?" and you is one has an interest in talking to me and the other is just being a servant. Servants get ignored.

Ooooooooooooooo.....now that's a bit uncalled for and insulting!

On the other hand...maybe you just don't get 'subtle' and eloquent, and you need things hitting you like a brick when it comes to men's intentions?

edit on 12-4-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

When one has Underworld diva as one's custom title in a thread about pick up lines................................

Sorry but it made me giggle

Cody

ETA: looked childish removed line
edit on 12/4/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

angelchemuel

The difference between you and the guy that asks "Do you need a light?" and you is one has an interest in talking to me and the other is just being a servant. Servants get ignored.

Ooooooooooooooo.....now that's a bit uncalled for and insulting!

On the other hand...maybe you just don't get 'subtle' and eloquent, and you need things hitting you like a brick when it comes to men's intentions?

edit on 12-4-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

No it isn't insulting, it is however being truthful. I get it just fine, I just don't have enough hours in the day to personally address every man that may make a gesture that indicates he wants to talk to me. You do not need permission to speak to me, you aren't going to ruin my day or anything of the sort. If a man wants to come up and talk to me I expect him to be a man and step up to and talk to me. If it is a bad time to speak to me or I am just not interested I will politely say so. I am not a mind reader, it is not my job to sort out what he is looking for beyond accepting the courtesy and saying thank you.

And truthfully saying "Do you need a light?" is far more polite than just whipping your lighter in my face and expecting me to swoon as you sit in silence because then I actually get a choice in the matter.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

OK beez I'll bite

I'm using this from now on if Mrs C ever see's sense and leaves me

Could I star and flag your meatloaf in the morning ?

Cody

edit on 12/4/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

link   
My old standby....

"My friend said you smell like a goat"

The conversation might start off a bit rough, but if you know what you are doing, you can turn it around and reap the benefits.

link   
The above is not to be used by the uninitiated or the unskilled in saloon society banter.
edit on 12-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2014 by jacygirl because: Decided against it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Great thread!

My favorite, and one that has worked countless times....
Excuse me Miss, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?....
Enough to break the ice. Hi my name is Ice...

Works 9 times out of ten. Get the first sentence of approach out of the way with humor of confidence.
Gotcha, and then at midnight, their still confused how I got them in my bed so quickly...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Geese...That was a long time ago. I wasn't even interested in giving pick up lines. I tried to ignore women but they didn't want to ignore me. I guess I was just too easy. I used to like to dance, and usually just danced a lot and it didn't lead to much. Oh well, not much to contribute. Seems like the girls hustled me most of the time back then.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"Hand the baby to your husband, and get in the car"

*(original, from the mid-1990s, aye! use sparingly)
edit on 12-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

KeliOnyx

TrueBrit

But you still haven't done anything to distinguish yourself from most men. Polite yes, one could even say flattering but to just do it and not say a word will get you a polite thank you and that is about it. When I go out I can reasonably expect that if a man is anywhere nearby doors will be held open, when in crowded spaces they will let me pass first and if it looks like I can't find my lighter my cigarette will be lit for me. I have even on several occasions had men just randomly pump my gas for me. They will be given a polite thank you for their trouble and I will move on and not think twice about it. The difference between you and the guy that asks "Do you need a light?" and you is one has an interest in talking to me and the other is just being a servant. Servants get ignored.

Jaky? If you want to know why chivalry is dead but misogyny thrives it's because of women like that.

Keli, no offense love, but you're probably not the best person to be handing out dating advice.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Stop explain to me what part of what I said was wrong. Better yet why don't you tell me what it is exactly that I owe any man that does any of those things beyond a polite thank you. Explain to me why it is that I should give said silent man a second thought for doing the same things 85% of the other men I pass by on a daily basis will do the same exact things? You can whine and cry and say it isn't fair all you want, but it doesn't change the fact you have not done anything to stand out from any other man.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join