It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Pick-up lines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My all time favorite was at one of the sales I was working on at the time - A very nice girl (yes, I am young enough to call 'em girls), found a way to distract her young kid, leaned in slightly, and while twirling her hair, and dangling a sandal off one foot, asked me if I knew of a specific author - To which I replied I didn't, and walked away...It was only after she kept looking back before leaving that it hit me she was probably trying to start a conversation, in which case, I blew it.

I didn't see her at the next sale, so I moved on with my life, and found someone else - well, at the next sale, the same girl came back, and did the exact same thing; except this time, she just so happened to pick an author that was right in front of her (conspiracy part of me thinks she did it intentionally), which required me to stand close...She even went out of her way to thank me, even though she was the one that spotted it. Now that I'm single again, maybe this time around I can "catch the hint"

-fossilera

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay, my Daddy - a charming perennial bachelor whom I adore - once asked a lady at the grocery store, "Is this the right amount of toilet paper for this amount of groceries?"

He got her number.

Elevate ladies, elevate ....

LOL!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
"The Force is strong with you!!

Here, let me loan you my Lightsaber.." -DF

Don't attempt on trekkies..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This thread made me laugh!

But thinking about it seriously....do you think pick up lines change as we get older?
I'm sure tactics need changing if you are after a woman and not a girl.

And what do you guys think if a woman makes the first step and gives you a pick up line?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

And what do you guys think if a woman makes the first step and gives you a pick up line?

Is she conspiring to get into my pants? God, I hope so..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Agartha
This thread made me laugh!

But thinking about it seriously....do you think pick up lines change as we get older?
I'm sure tactics need changing if you are after a woman and not a girl.

Probably. Men like to get a "read" on women after the initial "pickup line" and before they approach them though. Does she seem easygoing or uptight? That's how they'll approach them. "There's a new_______ movie coming out, you game?" or "I know of an artisan bistro that showcases local artists, what do you say?" Or things of that nature.

It's the most sure bet there is. If a man isn't wearing a ring, or otherwise involved, why would he say no? All she has to do is ask and she's in. Some women think it's a slutty thing to do, but if they're dressed conservatively and they talk conservatively, there's nothing slutty about it.

edit on 6-4-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses, guys........it's interesting to read what men really think.
I think men are more self confident, in general, than women....women, no matter how beautiful they are, they always think they have more defects than beauty, and most don't believe they are pretty at all, when in fact they are.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Agartha
Thanks for your responses, guys........it's interesting to read what men really think.
I think men are more self confident, in general, than women....women, no matter how beautiful they are, they always think they have more defects than beauty, and most don't believe they are pretty at all, when in fact they are.

I think your right but a beautiful woman can be intimidating to a men. I'm good looking, relatively confident but beautiful womans can turn my men pride into gravy and make me awkwardly shy. They're on that gold plated pedestral and I'm certainly not worthy. I know its bull# and their # smells but damn some womens are beautiful.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Whoa!! This is exactly the way I feel too!! I feel your pain mang!
I'm highly confident, talented and I am good looking..
But if a good looking gal is interested in me or tries flirting with me at the bar or wherever I have this awful tendency to be shy and unresponsive, even though I'm really interested!! I guess it's self sabotage.
Snippin sucks!!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Never used this one b4 but you can lol!! I have others but... I'll give this one away for free heheeh..

Hi, a long time ago I actually received one wish from a, 'Genie In A Bottle' , I think I'm going to use that wish now.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well the one that my husband used on me was "did you sit in sugar?" "because you got a sweet a__". I turned about four shades of red that night.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Awww, That's so sweet!!
Favorite one on the thread by far!
Gonna have to barrow that one..

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I walked up to my now-partner on our third date (after two, sweet, but getting-to-know-you meetings) while he was at the bar where we arranged to meet.

Wanting to test his sense of fun, to his back I said, in my best Victorian prostitute voice (keeping it classy, singingbones style), well, 'ello. Look in' for a little fun, darlin'.?'
I may even have put a hand on one hip......

How was I to know there would be two skinny, six foot four, slightly older dudes at an experimental jazz gig? (Looking round, I discovered they were our new silver fox overlords). I both got an offer from the 'wrong' guy and learned my partner can giggle like a six year old in the midst of pompous, over ripe music. Result!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"you don't sweat much for a fat lass"

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

skalla
"you don't sweat much for a fat lass"

LMAO!! I love it, skalla

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
For all my extensive vocabulary, I must confess that I have never used a chat up line. That said, I have a fairly exclusive dating history, so one probably has to do with the other. Normally speaking, the vast majority of my initial contact with a prospective sexual partner happens quite a while before I am even conscious of my own interest in them, and is largely communicated via body language, eye contact, and incorporated within the general conversation. More often than not, I have been in a social environment when such rare events have occurred, and first meeting has come about as part of a wider social event, involving several other people.

For that reason, and because I have no interest in persons to whom I have an exclusively biological response, actual efforts to get to know a woman better, only become necessary when I know that the person in question has an enjoyment of intellectual pursuits, can communicate for half an hour at least without forgetting to pronounce the letter T in words which traditionally contain one, and is not a fan of ABBA.

At that point, having already met the person in a less emotionally and pheromone charged situation, an invitation can be extended to the person in question, to lunch, or perhaps a visit to a coffee shop somewhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

TrueBrit
For all my extensive vocabulary, I must confess that I have never used a chat up line. That said, I have a fairly exclusive dating history, so one probably has to do with the other. Normally speaking, the vast majority of my initial contact with a prospective sexual partner happens quite a while before I am even conscious of my own interest in them, and is largely communicated via body language, eye contact, and incorporated within the general conversation. More often than not, I have been in a social environment when such rare events have occurred, and first meeting has come about as part of a wider social event, involving several other people.

For that reason, and because I have no interest in persons to whom I have an exclusively biological response, actual efforts to get to know a woman better, only become necessary when I know that the person in question has an enjoyment of intellectual pursuits, can communicate for half an hour at least without forgetting to pronounce the letter T in words which traditionally contain one, and is not a fan of ABBA.

At that point, having already met the person in a less emotionally and pheromone charged situation, an invitation can be extended to the person in question, to lunch, or perhaps a visit to a coffee shop somewhere.

And now you know everything you have done wrong your whole life correct it or quit asking for advice for the bad relationships you keep falling into.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

KeliOnyx
And now you know everything you have done wrong your whole life correct it or quit asking for advice for the bad relationships you keep falling into.

From the phrase "fairly exclusive dating history" one ought to be able to discern that I have not been in enough relationships to "keep" falling into bad ones, as your responding post implies. Furthermore, not that it is any of your concern what so ever, but I have had ONE relationship since joining this website, so I can hardly have been complaining over much throughout my time here. To hear your responding post read out loud, would suggest to any reader or listener, that I was some sort of badly programmed love machine, humping anything that moves just in case tomorrow turns out to be judgement day.

I have to say, I consider that suggestion to be a slur on my good character.

edit on 11-4-2014 by TrueBrit because: Edit to correct quotation error

edit on 11-4-2014 by TrueBrit because: Further edit to remove grammatical error.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

KeliOnyx

TrueBrit

I don't see anything about TrueBrit asking for advice on bad relationships...he keeps 'falling into'? Everything he has done his whole life?
Is the 'antiquated English-speak' throwing you for a loop?
TrueBrit is a 'gentleman'. They are few and far between these days.
He wants an intelligent woman. Seems they are also few and far between.
He also doesn't want a relationship built solely on lust. (*sigh* once again...few and far...)

TrueBrit, you are a lovely man...a lovely human. You don't use cheesy pick-up lines.
Hunny...you don't need to.

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

No the implication that no matter the number of them your previous relationships have been in fact failures. You refuse to risk anything and play it safe and then try to pass it off as this enlightened approach, when in truth it isn't it is you being afraid of being rejected. It isn't an attack on your good character merely calling you out on your BS. Using a pick up line isn't bad or unenlightened it is an ice breaker nothing more nothing less. They can be clever and oftentimes cheesy, but it isn't really what it is that is said that is important. The important part of any of them is that they required one to leave their comfort zone and risk putting themselves out there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join