It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White driver beaten by black mob of 30 in Detroit.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by andy1972

Come to the metro area suburbs. They are full of "transplanted" Detroiters. However, they all moved when their children were older. They wanted their children to have a little bit of Detroit in them before they left.

With all due respect, that is a bunch of hoo ha. Parents with Children living in Detroit didn't want their kids to get a little taste of living in Detroit then move to the Suburbs, they bailed on Detroit when it got too crazy even for them.......... Trust me, I've been there, done that and so have many of my friends. Two crack houses on the same block, bars on all your windows yadda yadda..... You make it sound like growing up in Detroit the past 30 or so years is a great personal development course and a badge of honor. I bet they said that growing up in Beruit, Kabul or Bagdad too. If Detroit were a sane place where normal people, Black, White and Hispanic could raise their kids without worries, people would stay. The City of Detroit is a failed experiment, for all the talk they are currently feeding everyone, it will NEVER come back to anywhere near it's "Glory Days".

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

HauntWok
Detroit's a horrible place. I'm just surprised there were that many people living in the area to take up the attack, that place pretty much is a ghost town nowadays.

Thank god I moved out of there.

According to the reports, the local corner gas station is the "Gathering Space" for the locals.....all of whom seem to congregate there without cars or jobs.

Go figure how messed up a town is that your local gas station is your social club.

Just another example of why I always have a full tank of gas going into the City proper.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

With all due respect,

You are a Michigander not a Detroiter. You have ZERO idea what goes on in the minds of people that grew up on these streets. People from Taylor that "claim' Detroit, people from Jackson that "claim" Detroit, people from Gaylord that "claim" Detroit. LOL

They all denounce Detroit and lock their doors and fill up their tanks before they "hit the city proper". A Detroiter doesn't want a child to grow up with that kind of fear in their heart. Detroit breeds it out of them. I grew up in Detroit, I left when I was 18. I have walked the streets of Korea, Germany, Iraq, Djbouti, and the Ivory Coast. My heart rate never went up. Why? Because I saw worse before I turned 16, that's why.

Fear is a mind killer

edit on 6-4-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I grew up in Detroit and lived there as an adult, wanna argue with me? Your whole "you aren't really from Detroit" attitude is exactly why crap like what happened to Steve Utash happens. I've read your posts and it's clear that you're trying to make your attitude sound respectable but there's nothing respectable about ghettoing up your kids on purpose and then moving them out to the suburbs once you think they've had enough of the gladiator academy. Take pride in that all you want but when it comes to results I don't see any difference between what you've said and what I've heard those you've referred to as the "dregs" say because they both lead to people who think they're badass beating and robbing people.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

I never once mentioned ghettoing up my kids, nor are my kids and nephews thugs by any stretch.

They do, and are, learning what it is to do without. If that is "ghettoing" up a child to than sure I will argue the point all day long. You read what you will into my posts as I will read what I will into yours.

I have seen the 9 year olds with an iPhone, ipad, ipod, "don't tell me what to do" suburbanites. Mine will not be raised that way. It leads to the society we have today.

Gladiator school? Really?

The major difference between a dreg and a non-dreg (to me at least) in an ingrained belief and a core value to protect the weak (not prey upon them), to defend the helpless (not prey upon them), and to earn what you have. Basically to be a functioning member of society makes one a non-dreg.

Sure I'll play the game. What side of Detroit did you grow up on and what cross streets?

edit on 6-4-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

yuppa
reply to post by 3u40r15m

If you didnt care you would had not responded in the first place. The whole thing of "race" is actually wrong it should be ETHNICITY. Scientist are slowly changing how they classify diffrent ethnic peoples. You cant stop over a thousand years of prejudice in a few generations. But you have to start somewhere. So how about it? can you change your outlook? If not you are falling right into the trap the powers that be want you to be in.

I was making a point when I said "I don't care what you say" It means I was right regardless... And Race, Ethnicity is the same damn thing lol. Splitting hairs basically. My outlook on race has more to do with culture. Either way, a driver got beat because he hit a kid. I don't think race or 'Ethnicity' had much to do with it. But who knows I wasn't their.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I almost hit a little girl in a pink dress, on easter once.
I don't know to this day how I missed her. I stopped
the car shaking with rage and looking back where she
came from. Her father was there watching everything.
I jumped from the car and if he had not been very apologetic
to me. IDK where it would've gone from there. As things were
I screamed and yelled at him, him not understanding a word.
Sat against the car and sobbed for about thirty seconds.
Then just drove away. I was jumpy for about two weeks
after that.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

200PlusI never once mentioned ghettoing up my kids, nor are my kids and nephews thugs by any stretch.

Those were my words, you made a comparison to Sparta.

200Plus
They do, and are, learning what it is to do without. If that is "ghettoing" up a child to than sure I will argue the point all day long. You read what you will into my posts as I will read what I will into yours.

You said "neighborhood training" and everyone who lives here knows what that means. Now you're trying to say that by "neighborhood training" you really meant doing without. Don't backpedal too fast, you might trip over something.

200Plus
I have seen the 9 year olds with an iPhone, ipad, ipod, "don't tell me what to do" suburbanites. Mine will not be raised that way. It leads to the society we have today.

I've seen that too. You know what I haven't seen? I haven't seen those kids stepping out in front of moving vehicles in order to stop them so the driver can be robbed (the video made it clear that that was what was happening). I haven't seen them wild on someone and almost kill them. I haven't seen them do any of the messed up bizarro world crap that I see every single time I have to go into the city.

200Plus
Gladiator school? Really?

You have a point here, I think gladiator school is actually a bit of an understatement.

200Plus
The major difference between a dreg and a non-dreg (to me at least) in an ingrained belief and a core value to protect the weak (not prey upon them), to defend the helpless (not prey upon them), and to earn what you have. Basically to be a functioning member of society makes one a non-dreg.

I agree, I just didn't get that from what you said earlier.

200Plus
Sure I'll play the game. What side of Detroit did you grow up on and what cross streets?

None of your business and I don't feel the need to give you an intersection in order to earn "Detroit cred", my post content will show anyone from this area that I know what I'm talking about and I don't care where you're from either.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

D_Mason
reply to post by wantsome

Some of you are turning it into a race issue, when it isn't. Regardless of ethnicity, hitting a black kid in the hood somewhere and doing the right thing by stopping to see if the kid is all right, will get you a severe ass whooping, regardless of skin color. Remembering off hand, there have been several instances of this that happened in Chicago over the years. They beat the crap out of black drivers as well.

Nobody can really say for sure if the attack was racially motivated or not, unless they have the ability to see into the minds of the people in the mob. I believe that certain people desperately want it to be a racial issue, and would call it such even if faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, just so they can justify their "Stormfront" views.

I am inclined to agree with you in that this was a terrible case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That area of the city has a reputation for being high crime and high poverty. On the radio talk show I listen to, many residents of the area have called in and said that this is a fairly common occurrence. Just my opinion of course
edit on 7-4-2014 by DarthOej because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthOej

The answer to this is compulsory drafting. Once you finish high school 1 year minimum. If you drop out of school your in the army until your 20. Enough time to learn a trade in the army that you can later on use in the civilian sector.

edit on 7-4-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Seriously, had you're own kid been hit by a car wouldn't you feel like throwing punches?

Not at all, I would be too worried about the well being of my child to care about punching anyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

bekindtoyurbuds

Seriously, had you're own kid been hit by a car wouldn't you feel like throwing punches?

Not at all, I would be too worried about the well being of my child to care about punching anyone.

I don't think the story is accurate... The driver probably tried to run or something. And witnesses or other family members caught him and dinged him up a bit. Two sides to every story. But that response is what SHOULD happen when a kid gets hit. Make sure the kids ok, send the kid inside, and then throw punches,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm not from Detroit, not from America, I'm not even black.
This story has me thinking though, it's pure "Them and us". The same thing will happen to someone in the UK if they are in a particularly bad area, a dodgy council estate or something. It doesn't matter what colour the people are, they'll still mob up against the outsider.

If you want another example, have a look and see all the instances of a car driver taking out a biker, then getting hunted down by the rest. That ain't about colour, it's about a distinct group of people feeling separated from the rest of society and following their own rules for a given situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
my friend told me yesterday, that he hit a kid on a bike. lol!

ok, kid was knocked off and he was not hurt but the bike was under the car.

he was turning out of a side street into traffic, and waiting for the all clear when the kid decided to cross in front of him from the other direction he was looking.

thank God i never hurt anything but a tree and my VW got the raw end of that deal. meh, low speed crash.

i don't know if that was a set up by the mob, but beating a guy that stops is ignorant.

not to mention criminal.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

typical....

Another "Detroiters like me think like this" but you aren't a Detroiter (except maybe on game day).

Neighborhood training is the struggle, the grind, the hustle. Not theft, robbing, or looting. That's what "fake #%$, pretend" Detroiters that watch too much 8-mile think life in the city is. It's waking up cold and hungry and working before you eat. It's learning early that you never trust everybody because sooner or later everybody turns on you. It's knowing that it's better to have a poor black brother you can count on, than a rich white one that you can't. It's not backing down until the fight can't be won. It's knowing how to talk with your hands if need be.

I am not back pedaling at all. It's the people in the closet that read too much into my post that have the issues. Thug up the kids, ghetto-fy the kids, move away from Detroit it's a cancer, nobody with any sense would stay there, they hang out at the gas station, yada-yada. It's easy to read and understand how people hate my city. We don't mind. We just ask two things:

Don't CLAIM Detroit when you tell people where you are from
Don't tell us how Detroiters should feel and act

We don't like the suburbanites raising their little emo/Bieber clones. Do we say hey you people suck and are ruining it for the world? no not really. It would be the truth but we don't mention it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Actually, no the whole thing is on video. Kid stepped in front of him. Driver was not at fault and did not try to flee.

He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Gods help them all had this been my father. I do not know how his family will respond. But his son-in-law response on the News was "he BETTER recover" which may be simple anger or bravado or could be crazy white talk for retribution.

It could get ugly fast.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I agree with you.

I am from Detroit. White as snow

The next city over from me (about a 2 kilometers away from the house) is Dearborn. It has the largest Arabic population in America. Many times in my youth I was "ganged up" on while going through the area on my bike.

It doesn't pay to be an outsider, especially in a high crime area or a poverty stricken area (the two go hand in hand most times).

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

All you can see is the kid being hit? How do you know he didn't run a red light or a stop sign.... Idk what video you are referring to because I didn't even see a "mob of 30"...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am referring to the video that was aired on local news. It was the same one the police used to clear the driver of all charges (at least that's what the news person said). The driver was going slow, kids steps off the curb in front of him, kid gets knocked down, guy gets out. Mob beats guy, walks away, walks back beats guy, walks away, walks back beats guy, walks away. In the chaos he was robbed as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Well that sucks for the drive,r but to be honest it seems more like local news... What is their really to discuss about this story? How bad Detroit supposedly is? What the driver should have done? IDK it's just kind of a story of 'it is what it is' I'm sure alot of people on here regardless of race would have beat the dude up too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join