It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White driver beaten by black mob of 30 in Detroit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestioningDude

Star for that ( :

I grew up a dirt poor white kid and it took a lot of effort and a lot of years to dig out of that mentality. I understand it but absolutely think that every single person that was involved in it should be taken out back and shot. Even when I was at my worst I never beat an innocent person down.

Gang members are and should be considered domestic terrorists and as much effort should be put forth to eradicate them as we put to eradicating the Taliban.... IMO it's worse because these terrorists are already on our soil.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

There are hate crime laws in the U.S. And I'm quite certain Holder has said something along the lines that it's going to be very hard for a black to commit a hate crime against a white. Hopefully someone can chime in with what he exactly said.

Nonetheless, I do feel for both victims, and the children of the man beaten. They should... no one should ever witness a brutal beating especially the brutal beating of your own parent, your protector.

On a side note, I was in a car accident two years ago because a little boy ran out in front of the car ahead of us. There was even a crossing guard at the corner yet the little boy decided not to use the crossing guard and run out in front of traffic. Luckily nobody was hurt except for my buddies '85 5.0 mustang.

IMO parenting, or lack there of, is the cause for most of these instances.
edit on 4-4-2014 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

Closing all the auto plants in the area didn't help matters but again, they are making the decision to stay where they're at. I used to work at a shoe store in the area and every first week of the month I was disgusted by the number of people who would come in and blow 500 dollars on the new Jordans for their kids and themselves. Repeatedly, every month I would listen to the laughter about " Aww snap son, gotta got dese J's so we can ball out on these fools." I'm paraphrasing, usually the language was R rated and much less coherent.

And yes, that may sound slightly racist to anyone who has never watched the cluster in person but it is what it is. Quit spending govt assistance on shiny trinkets and clubbing andmove out of the friggin ghetto. Spend some money on braces and books for your kids versus showing them how to leech off the system.

Personal responsibility. And rednecks aren't setting any better of an example for their children in poverty stricken areas either before the R word gets thrown at me.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Many black people have been convicted of hate crimes, In 2009 over 1100 were.

1,150 black people were convicted of hate crimes in 2009 alone. But whites committed the majority of hate crimes. The FBI's records document this.
Link to FBI website

Although I would agree that given the numbers of crimes more white people get charged with hating on blacks than blacks get charged hating on whites. In fact it is statistically disproportionate......

edit on 4-4-2014 by Mamatus because: added

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You and me both man. The amount of money being spent fighting those pesky terrorists who have bad intentions versus making the streets safe in our cities would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

We spend all this money combating might happens instead of dealing with the are currently happenings within our borders.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by kimish

Many black people have been convicted of hate crimes, In 2009 over 1100 were.

1,150 black people were convicted of hate crimes in 2009 alone. But whites committed the majority of hate crimes. The FBI's records document this.
Link to FBI website

Although I would agree that given the numbers of crimes more white people get charged with hating on blacks than blacks get charged hating on whites. In fact it is statistically disproportionate......

edit on 4-4-2014 by Mamatus because: added

Does that factor in that blacks are only about 12 percent of the population? Just asking. I

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of one of my favorite comic's (Bill Burr's) bits.

"If I get into a fight with a black guy, even if he's winning the fight, half of the neighborhood still shows up and helps out. It's unbelievable, you start with him, and then his crew, people running out of buildings - It's like braveheart, there's like waves of black people coming over the hill. It's a big community effort."

At 2:20
www.youtube.com... ^^
edit on 4-4-2014 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

reminds me of an in living color sketch "this is Rodney King and Reginald Denny here to say "stay in your car".

About 18 years ago I got off a couple exits short of Torrance for gas and realized it was compton, in deciding to leave the city 3 black kids walked out in front of me like it was a beatles cover.

There are areas like Grand Terrace where they want you to stop or they just believe that they own whatever world they live in. I have seen plenty of gang members but never balls like this and I had every reason not to stop, so I didn't and they will never do that again.

We live in a world of coyotes, too timid to hunt on their own they will engage in gang activity at the drop of a hat - bankers or thugs it's all the same.

I'm not sorry for the kid that got run over, he's an idiot who had it coming by playing in traffic.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by wantsome

Wow even in that shoddy footage you can see the kids on the curb looking like they are on a starting block about to race across the road. One kid leaps into full stride and gets about two steps and is pummeled by the truck going at least 45 mph. He didnt even have a chance to think about the brakes. The kid just jumped in front of him. No way could he have kept from hitting him.

I think the kid on the ground starts screaming. Then you can see the folks at the gas station meandering like zombies towards the accident. A small crowd converges but the beating is off camera.

I dont understand why they would start beating the guy. Even if they didnt see the accident, why beat the guy as he was returning to the scene?

why beat the guy?

he was white
No other reason

...and I drive that street fairly often if you get to 30 mph that time of day, the universe is smiling on you

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What a crazy world! A man tries to help the mistake that he or the kid had, he had no chance to even say what was going on and then he is pretty much lynched.

Some are right about it being reversed that it would be the top story going around the world talking about Americas racism and the war that's following.

Ever seen the movie "White Mans Burden" where it reversed the roles of whites and blacks? Makes you think about what goes on. But some of what happens today isn't about race but it is made out to be.

Hope the kid will be alright. Can't wait to hear what comes off this.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's the thing.

None of the headlines I'm finding on this incident have either the word black or the word white in them.

I think your thread title might be the thing that's racist and leading and inflammatory.

If someone's already said this, I don't care. It needs to be said again.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by QuestioningDude

Star for that ( :

I grew up a dirt poor white kid and it took a lot of effort and a lot of years to dig out of that mentality. I understand it but absolutely think that every single person that was involved in it should be taken out back and shot. Even when I was at my worst I never beat an innocent person down.

Gang members are and should be considered domestic terrorists and as much effort should be put forth to eradicate them as we put to eradicating the Taliban.... IMO it's worse because these terrorists are already on our soil.

I would like nothing better than gangs to be treated like they were in AL capones time. They truly are terrorist. The reason they wont though is because a majority are Non white. Yes folks its yet again one more way the NAACP has colored(no pun intended) the issue with racial brushes.

But hey it is ok. It was just another white guy who got curbstomped for accidentally hitting a child who was never taught to not run out in to traffic. By parents who prolly dont really care what their children do as long as it dont land them in jail.(sarcasm included free of charge)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Its a slippery slope and Im as anti police state as the next ats' er but I'd be jumping up and down in celebration if the 101st airborne invaded Detroit and Chicago.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm white and I grew up in Detroit. It wasn't always this nasty...I used to think that race relations had improved a lot since the riots ion the 60s...but since Obama's election, it's been very clear that black people in the US hate white people more than ever.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

QuestioningDude
reply to post by yuppa

Its a slippery slope and Im as anti police state as the next ats' er but I'd be jumping up and down in celebration if the 101st airborne invaded Detroit and Chicago.

Well in the time of the gansters and their killing off it wasnt a police state either. It does not have to be this time around either. Just allow the police/FBI to conduct summary executions of KNOWN gansters. they didnt kill everyone they arrested more than they killed. the key is declaring them enemy combatants on american soil which removes the right of trial.

Yeah slippery slope indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
For those of us who track these kinds of incidents this comes as no surprise. I am honestly a little surprised that anyone with their head on straight would have exited their vehicle in that area with all those "youths" mobbing up. In 2014, if you are in certain areas it is just downright irresponsible to be unarmed and vulnerable. He should have driven a short distance away and called the ambulance. For those of you still unaware of the ongoing mob attacks by "urban youths" just take a look at this incident and stay aware of your surroundings, keep your head on a swivel. You have no one to blame but yourself if you are caught unarmed and unaware.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

here4awhile
and if this story were reversed (which it never is these days), national media would be covering it screaming bloody murder...

EXACTLY!

You also wont be hearing anything from Jesse or Al on this issue.

SMDH

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

youdidntseeme

here4awhile
and if this story were reversed (which it never is these days), national media would be covering it screaming bloody murder...

You mean like these?

Fox News

Yahoo

UPI

NY Daily News

ABC

USA TODAY

Plus many many more

The thing about it is, this is probably the last time these sources will cover this story. If it were reversed, we'd be hearing about this for at least another year.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Michael Savage is going to be so good on monday

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Something needs to be done but it won't because the police would rather deal with easier offenders. One day in the near future the gangs will understand that they can own the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join