It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White driver beaten by black mob of 30 in Detroit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

The setting is perfect for Chinese owned manufacturers to set up shop paying slave wages while our mouthpieces tout thw return of manufacturing to the city. If someone were so inclined to play the long game we're now almost in checkmate.

I don't know, I have a hard time accepting the situation got to what it is by simple incompetence and corruption.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

Mad Max meets Menace to Society is what Detroit has devolved into. I agree with you, was mugged by a group of homeless down by the Fox Theatre and had a group of Juggalos come to my aid of all people.

The him hawing around about poor infringed upon people with no options being left to suffer doesn't hold much weight with me either after seeing it first hand for years. We make our own choices to either rise above and get the hell out or embrace the thuggish brute mindset.

Its time to start being realistic about what the real situation is instead of continuing to extend the benefit of the doubt to people who are actinglike savages.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will soon be making a statement condemning this any time now, I'm positive.

The 911 call came from a free Obama-phone.
edit on 4-4-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Were it me I would starve out every single low life in the area. How? I would start hiding their welfare checks under their work boots....

Seriously one can not talk about the plague that is humanity in that area. Someone will always claim that race is the issue. Truth is in that area of our lovely country there are FAR more bad apples than good and they just happen to be black.

There are places in the South that white people are freaking scary. Seen it myself more than once.

The reality is that most of "these people" would probably be a lot nicer if they had a single shred of opportunity that did not involve joining a gang and selling crack. There is no opportunity for the youth there.

This is what all of America will look like if/when people go broke and are hungry.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestioningDude

I agree.

For all races , Even if you are poor and downtrodden, Its definately not an open ticket for sadistic beatings. Human were born with a moral compass...
edit on 4-4-2014 by overanocean because: Didnt like how I origanally worded it

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

They have the opportunity to quit engaging in this type of behaviour. They also have the opportunity to move away from the situation to greener pastures. The apologist attitude for their actions is getting real old and I'm not the type of guy who buys into all the race war imminent bullcrap.

I come from the gutters of Flint, Saginaw and Detroit as do many of my close friends and there are quite a few of us who were able to escape with no help from the government or our families.

Its time to quit the babying and collectively cowboy the heck up.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
The kid is going to be ok

Thats what I care about in this story. Thank goodness

And hopefully the driver recovers quickly too.

(I understand that the left/right crowd mostly doesn't give a damn about the boy or the health of the guy as they seek to politicize the whole thing)
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

overanocean

With all due respect... Bull #...

I live in this area.. I see this all the time.

Like I said it continues to get swept under the rug.....

Young black youth with no real moral structure will continue to bring further generations of the same thing.
Dont peg me as a racist either , Im not .

Im telling it like it is , I wouldn't respond with my truth in this matter unless I expeirenced it myself.....

Dont defend evil..

I'm not defending it. I'm saying that it was a pretty minor incident, and to take it as evidence of some kind of coverup of black criminality was nonsense. Same as the guys here who want Obama to apologise for this - why on earth would the president make a pronouncement on what's in the scheme of things not even a blip on his radar?

But to your specific point, are you saying that there was not a concerted effort to find black on white crimes around that period, and to characterise them as "unreported", the better to show Zimmerman in a good light? And are you further saying that there was not a constant reminder that black people were about to tear the country apart because of the eventual verdict?

If so you're wrong on both counts. Google the very incident you're referring to, and you'll see plenty of people claiming it's the first shot of the coming wave of black rioting.

Which of course never happened.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestioningDude

I agree, I think it's greed. But I don't think the people got poor via much other than neglect.

Others of course think it's more 'inherent' than that.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Im glad the kid was ok too. .......... But the next one wont be .

This should be discussed , thats how problems get resolved...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

QuestioningDude
reply to post by Mamatus

They have the opportunity to quit engaging in this type of behaviour. They also have the opportunity to move away from the situation to greener pastures. The apologist attitude for their actions is getting real old and I'm not the type of guy who buys into all the race war imminent bullcrap.

I come from the gutters of Flint, Saginaw and Detroit as do many of my close friends and there are quite a few of us who were able to escape with no help from the government or our families.

Its time to quit the babying and collectively cowboy the heck up.

This is not apologist. In fact if you check some of my previous threads I suggested open hunting season on all gang members many times. Having been jumped by them several times over the years I actually have a hatred for gang members.

My post was only referring to the "Why" it is that way. Don't confuse it with apologist, cause buddy you are way off base on that one.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"........... pretty minor incident"? The driver has severe head injuries caused by the deliberate beating of 30 thugs. The kid who got hit by accident, as was established
was his fault, has minor injuries and is already out of the hospital. I'm sure the beating victim's family thinks it isn't a "minor incident".

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

My girlfriend's mother died a couple of weeks ago. It was a big deal for the family, but I don't expect the President to comment on it any time soon.

All things are relative, you should perhaps explore this. For the kid, a big deal. For a man dealing with a potential Russian invasion of Ukraine, not so much.

And you're referring to the wrong thing, anyway. The poster and I were talking about the crime he'd brought into the discussion.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This teaches the public that if you hit a small black child by accident, keep on driving and don't stop to help.

The black community makes itself a perpetual victim. Try to help them and they'll beat you to a pulp. It's really sad considering how far they came in the 40s-50's and beyond to how far they are going backwards today.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Asktheanimals
The kid is going to be ok

Thats what I care about in this story. Thank goodness

And hopefully the driver recovers quickly too.

(I understand that the left/right crowd mostly doesn't give a damn about the boy or the health of the guy as they seek to politicize the whole thing)

Seek to politicize? Are you kidding me?

Since I am being conversational, I fully expect to have this message deleted shortly. Go free speech.
edit on 4-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There is always this White on Black, Black on white, yellow on White, Red on Black, Brown on Purple crime happening.

But media decides to run a story and all of a sudden, people are like "they don't care about us"... wonder how many crimes happened since this thread started, how many lost their life... of course.. they wont be discussed until media has an agenda they want to push.

edit: Purple people are A**holes and everyone should hate them.
edit on 4/4/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

SovereignZuul
This teaches the public that if you hit a small black child by accident, keep on driving and don't stop to help.

The black community makes itself a perpetual victim. Try to help them and they'll beat you to a pulp. It's really sad considering how far they came in the 40s-50's and beyond to how far they are going backwards today.

Couldn't agree more. Defense lawyers will have a field day with this case
trying to exonerate white hit-and-run (from the hit-and-run charge) drivers in Detroit. "Your honor, my client was fearful to remain at the location where the accident occurred. A mob was gathering at the scene and they proceeded to drive to the safety of the closest law-enforcement presence, as theyb recalled the Harris-Utash incident".

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

greencmp

I kid you not. There is very little sincere interest in the well being of either the driver or the boy. Instead folks use this as evidence of their particular cliche about blacks/whites (depending on the political "side").

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Skyfloating

greencmp

I kid you not. There is very little sincere interest in the well being of either the driver or the boy. Instead folks use this as evidence of their particular cliche about blacks/whites (depending on the political "side").

I suppose if you consider discussing this in the context of policy as politicizing, I guess I would have to agree. But, how else could this be discussed?

I presume you have a consistent outlook and were just as appalled by the public discussion about Martin and Zimmerman. That's not a jibe, I am just agreeing with you on the technicality and curious.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
While it nice to hear some ACTUAL community involvement in the abandoned, bankrupt city.

Maybe they should of saved that angry for some pimp that slaps some one daughter, or some would be baby gangster who can't aim, and a stray bullet will probably hit some one kids playing PlayStation in their own home. Or maybe for some of the corrupt players in their legislation, or the crack dealer who supplies the whole block.

Or get together, and share some food with some homeless people beside a fire. Tell some stories and such.

And this why the property value went down?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join