It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White driver beaten by black mob of 30 in Detroit.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is from the local news here in Detroit. The man was just driving along on a major road when a kid darted out infront of him. There was nothing the driver could do nor was he at fault. After hitting the little boy the driver stopped to help. A mob of 30 people beat stomped robbed and left the man for dead.

Heres a couple links.

www.wxyz.com...

www.wxyz.com...

www.clickondetroit.com...

edit on 4-4-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

+58 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
and if this story were reversed (which it never is these days), national media would be covering it screaming bloody murder...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
People that did this are animals. Even the boys family denounces them:

The family of the boy who was hit is condemning the attack. The driver's daughters say the boy's family members wanted to to talk to them at the hospital, but it was just too early and they haven't been able to speak with their father.

I'm sure they are patting themselves on the back right now in their ignorance though.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

here4awhile
and if this story were reversed (which it never is these days), national media would be covering it screaming bloody murder...

Hook, line, sinker!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Steady on boys you cannot have a race war until we raise the flag.

Make no mistake both sides are being played and you should go after those holding the starting flag

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I was wondering what happened to the kid? Did he live? I just sort of saw a bunch of race baiting and didn't notice anything written about the boy? Not that I condone what happened to the driver or anything, but I'd probably beat your ass too if you hit my family that fast. It would be my first instinct to be honest.

Reminds me of the Trayvon case when they tried to start a race war. Just more of the same imo. Best ignored, with kindness sent to the victims on both sides (the boy and the driver).

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Its okay he was white ! if he was black it would be racism

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

here4awhile

You mean like these?

Fox News

Yahoo

UPI

NY Daily News

ABC

USA TODAY

Plus many many more

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Poor guy as if he wouldnt have been feeling like s#!t enough already after hitting the kid
very sad for both him & the kid

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

muse7

here4awhile

Hook, line, sinker!

Cliche reply...

Look ma, less words

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
White people still live in Detroit?? LOL joking. Or am I?
I would never take my family there, and I would've moved at 18 if I was born there.
I'm sure this was a gut-wrench reaction to seeing a young child hurt, with some obvious gang mentality and racism thrown in. It happens everyday, on all sides.
A very unfortunate state of affairs.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Don't they teach kids to use crosswalks anymore? Says it happened around 4pm which is rush hour traffic. Now if the 10 year old is old enough to travel across the city after school you think he would know better than to cross a busy street anywhere other than the crosswalk.

Since the kid was breaking the law, jaywalking, I wonder if his parents will be held responsible for all hospital costs? I know that is the furthest thing from the drivers familys mind atm.

But why call this race baiting? posting a story of something that actually happened. Or is that where we are at now, say anything bad about a minority even if it is true and it is race baiting and uncalled for?

Guess we need to have somebody riding "shotgun" if we travel into Detroit these days.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

maybe welfare will pay that too...

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The kid is going to be ok, here's what his uncle said about the attack.

Key counted six or seven attackers.

"We don't know those people that did that to that guy. Our main focus is on David," he said. "We weren't cheering it on. We weren't rooting for it."

Never mind there were 2 victims here, you did nothing to help the man who stopped to help your nephew after he stepped in front of the truck. You keep concentrating on what's important to you - your own.

Next time just keep on driving, mob mentality runs too strong in many cities to bother with compassion or reason.

Hey Obama! You going to speak up about injustice this time?

No doubt the silence will be deafening.

If the races were reversed this would be the top news story.

Imagine this headline: White mob beats and robs black man who stops to help child hit accidentally.

We would never hear the end of it.

SHAME ON YOU MEDIA!!
edit on 4-4-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

If you scour the kid's social media you can probably convince yourself that he was a drug dealer as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Wow even in that shoddy footage you can see the kids on the curb looking like they are on a starting block about to race across the road. One kid leaps into full stride and gets about two steps and is pummeled by the truck going at least 45 mph. He didnt even have a chance to think about the brakes. The kid just jumped in front of him. No way could he have kept from hitting him.

I think the kid on the ground starts screaming. Then you can see the folks at the gas station meandering like zombies towards the accident. A small crowd converges but the beating is off camera.

I dont understand why they would start beating the guy. Even if they didnt see the accident, why beat the guy as he was returning to the scene?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I dont understand why they would start beating the guy. Even if they didnt see the accident, why beat the guy as he was returning to the scene?

Hatred.

As mentioned, who would still be willing to live in that city. Even the cops and city officials are corrupt.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is only racial if we make it so.

But hey, we got all the way to 14 posts for someone before someone said "Obama." I'm so proud

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A man accidently hit a child.

A group of people then beat the man as he stepped out of the car to help.

End of story.

I don't care if it was racially motivated. A crime was committed.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You know what everyone shares the blame here. Seriously, had you're own kid been hit by a car wouldn't you feel like throwing punches? So you know just cause they were black don't mean nothing, just cause a white guy got bashed still doesn't mean nothing. And having 30 people bash one guy is despicable regardless of ethnicity the fact they robbed him as well leaves me speechless.

Now I'm sick and tired of people saying " And blacks wonder why they're treated the way they are." Yeah taken from the comment sections of one of the links. And still some people wonder why we get angry when we hear things like this...
Seriously do you guys even care about the story or does the colour matter more than what happened!! Seriously it's a colour, we cant help the fact that we are black no more than you can help the fact you're white!!!

Great now that's out of the way I'm truly sorry for what happened to the man, and I feel bad for the boy, but the truth here is that regardless of colour people forget they are individuals acting on their own most of the time, it's not as if anybody in their right mind would support 30 people bashing a man. And those that hate blacks and those who agree with the act's of those 30 individuals that day, you should really feel ashamed and that's just me putting it nicely.

Everybody looses in the end if this sort of thing continues.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join