It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in Japan sucks these days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
welcome: I hope you will provide some new insights for all of us.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

ANNED
Some chinese honey is not even honey.

Its sugar and fake flavoring.

Some is only a small percentage honey and the rest sugar and flavoring.

Unlike japan in the US ALL ingredients must be listed.

And our FDA does do testing and will pull fake or miss labeled food

What I don't understand is why the super markets insist on selling this crap. It litterally makes one foam in the mouth. You probably heard about the poison gyoza from China that was shipped to Japan and killed some people.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

demus
welcome: I hope you will provide some new insights for all of us.

Hi demus and thanks for the welcome. I'll share some thoughts since I've been here on and off since 74.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

rickymouse
Welcome to the site. Well, at least your teeth will stay glowing bright from the sushi. I bet many there feel the same as you do, but there is little they can do about it.

Hi rickymouse, thanks for the welcome. We maybe joking about the sushi, but actually the tea leaves are my biggest worry and so is the Japan Tabacco. But I don't smoke.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

727Sky
I suppose after WWll we really did teach them all we knew! Not nice and call it a bad joke.. It really does seem that no matter where one travels the working class has plenty to complain about. Chinese friends two days ago were complaining about the cost of housing and basic stuff in China now. Many places I am familiar with in S.E. Asia work 6 days a week with long hours for less than $350 U.S. a month... no retirement no medical nothing but a pay check mostly minus, the Fuki rads.

Welcome to ATS

Hi Sky and thanks for the welcome. Them long hours still exist, but the 6 day work weeks are voluntary these days. LOL But actually Japan does now have a 5 day work week. So now overtime pay is possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You dare to eat sushi?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by musicismagic

Maybe because Japan is a buffer zone between China and America.

More a place to spy from. The Pacific Ocean is the "buffer zone".

Or a moat if you will. Same with the Atlantic.

yep, you said it all

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

candlestick
You dare to eat sushi?

The non migrating fish here in southern Japan seem to be OK. Like fugu, sayori and a few others. Octoputs, hmm not sure how far they travel, but they do.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

intrptr

Hey there musicismagic. Glad to hear from Japan. If you have a detector and you know how to use it we could sure use some info about the real readings from over there. Boots on the ground eye view kind of thing? Meanwhile, welcome to the site.

Hi intrptr and thanks for the welcome. I don't have a detector, I heard they are hard to find and buy. There are still many "hot spots" south of Fukushima that are highly radioactive, no one knows for sure why though. With 14 million people living only a few hours away from Fukushima area, telling the truth is not in the politicians best interest. There are still over 120000 people in temporary housing. Many of these people are in their 70's and up. Terrible situation still.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Sorry for the delay and thank you so much for that reply. That was past the filters, past the media, past the government all the way across the buffer zone Pacific Ocean moat to west coast USA informative.

You could start threads about each of those subjects here and I am pretty sure you would be deluged with questions.

Do it on weekend mornings early (our time) for the best traffic results. We are in an information vacuum here in US, the media tells us nothing, Japans Fukushima is a black hole for us. People like you with inside info could be really helpful.

Currently there aren't many threads here so that could be a good thing for new info or a sign its a tired subject (God forbid).

Anyway, thanks again for update and please consider what I have said. Watch your butt, too. I was posting on threads here about Fuku and got virus emails from Japan.

I also want to book mark your post to me and keep a channel open with you as long as you are a member to ask you questions about it for threads. I can alert you with a private message (little envelope upper right turns white when you have a private message).

Ummm, you will need twenty posts first before you can start a thread of your own and send private messages.

Stay safe, don't eat the fish and let me know here if I can be of any further help to navigate the site or answer questions about stuff.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

intrptr

Sorry for the delay and thank you so much for that reply. That was past the filters, past the media, past the government all the way across the buffer zone Pacific Ocean moat to west coast USA informative.

You could start threads about each of those subjects here and I am pretty sure you would be deluged with questions.

Do it on weekend mornings early (our time) for the best traffic results. We are in an information vacuum here in US, the media tells us nothing, Japans Fukushima is a black hole for us. People like you with inside info could be really helpful.

Currently there aren't many threads here so that could be a good thing for new info or a sign its a tired subject (God forbid).

Anyway, thanks again for update and please consider what I have said. Watch your butt, too. I was posting on threads here about Fuku and got virus emails from Japan.

I also want to book mark your post to me and keep a channel open with you as long as you are a member to ask you questions about it for threads. I can alert you with a private message (little envelope upper right turns white when you have a private message).

Ummm, you will need twenty posts first before you can start a thread of your own and send private messages.

Stay safe, don't eat the fish and let me know here if I can be of any further help to navigate the site or answer questions about stuff.

regards,

intrptr

Hi intrptr, thanks. I'll start stuff about the Fukushima and Defense and touch a bit on the political scene. All boring, but a few may take interest in. Keep in fact that Okinawa now has 90000 US soldiers on its soil. Sitting ducks actually. And yet, Americans don't worry about everything they say and write, now is copied and stored.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Keep in fact that Okinawa now has 90000 US soldiers on its soil.

WoW…

If I may and if I might, where'd you get that factoid tonight?

Thats one thing about ATS. When extraordinary claims are made, we should back them up with a link. Not saying I don't believe you, and I don't want you positing military secrets and all, just lettin you know how this place rolls.

You can say anything you like, just be prepared to back it up.

Thats it for now, this is an intro thread and I don't way to give you the wrong impression. We're supposed to say hello here (waves) and thats pretty much it. And I do want to know more about your experiences. I do love viewing the world from other peoples eyes. I am older and the internet is amazing to someone like myself.

Take care for now,

intrptr

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

intrptr

Keep in fact that Okinawa now has 90000 US soldiers on its soil.

WoW…

If I may and if I might, where'd you get that factoid tonight?

Thats one thing about ATS. When extraordinary claims are made, we should back them up with a link. Not saying I don't believe you, and I don't want you positing military secrets and all, just lettin you know how this place rolls.

You can say anything you like, just be prepared to back it up.

Thats it for now, this is an intro thread and I don't way to give you the wrong impression. We're supposed to say hello here (waves) and thats pretty much it. And I do want to know more about your experiences. I do love viewing the world from other peoples eyes. I am older and the internet is amazing to someone like myself.

Take care for now,

intrptr

Big sorry here, misprint, should say : 9000 troups.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Interesting! Thanks for the info, What a hassle for a neccesity such as water though, and im sure not everyone can afford to do that! but Doctors obviously know all is not well then. Its really sad.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Big sorry here, misprint, should say : 9000 troups.

Oh, thats "better", only 9000 sitting ducks (like you said). Thing about Americans, they always got a drone overhead, jets and Tomahawk and Patriot missiles somewhere…

They can be worse than radioactivity, lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Welcome to the site. Well, at least your teeth will stay glowing bright from the sushi. I bet many there feel the same as you do, but there is little they can do about it.

My teeth are my guiding light of my wits to stay alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join