It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in Japan sucks these days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
We have to now eat radiated sushi that is not tested for radiation poisoning because of the economic impact it will have on the food industry. We still have nuclear power plants running on the ring of fire. Politicians have a secret getaway scheme in case Fukushima blows again. Tell ya, this place just doesn't look good for the 2020 Olympics. Sales tax just went up to 8%, that means 3% less to spend. Pension is only $2000.00 a year, that's right , you read it right. Self employed people are to work till they drop dead in this country. Politicians are only out for themselves and screw the general public, but its been that way even 40 years ago, thank good we no longer have a 5 day work week, but what does that really mean, well, still 10 hours days and no daylight savings time. Hey ya all come here. Chinese honey is real cheap in this country. I guess the politicians want to kill us by eating it, heck, they won't have to pay us the lousy 2k a year pension. Time for another radiated beer.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by musicismagic

chinese honey? is that worse than fuki sushi?

and you have to still file to the irs!! even tho you don't make any US money or work for a US corp.

edit on 3018444330am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

tsingtao

chinese honey? is that worse than fuki sushi?

and you have to still file to the irs!! even tho you don't make any US money or work for a US corp.

edit on 3018444330am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

It's all true. Chinese honey is horrible, you foam at the mouth. IRS, you betcha. Fuki sushi=profit worldwide LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Why is the bankrupt American government so desperate on Japan keeping the unsafe nuclear energy in Japan will knowing the full risks?

edit on 4-4-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Why is the bankrupt American government so desperate on Japan keeping the unsafe nuclear energy in Japan will knowing the full risks? unless American government wants to do it to end Japan

I always did wanted to visit Japan.

Incoherent post, much...?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AprilFooseball

Another Grammar Nazi?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Why is the bankrupt American government so desperate on Japan keeping the unsafe nuclear energy in Japan will knowing the full risks?

Maybe because Japan is a buffer zone between China and America.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't you worry about a chernobyl type impact on your body like mutated dna and stuff? because surely it's going to happen down the road after all this exposure? Like i remember seeing it had done it to vegetables & animals.. Such a scary thought, not too mention the cancer risks, very frustrating situation for citizens ill bet. I'd get outta there man!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Welcome to the site. Well, at least your teeth will stay glowing bright from the sushi. I bet many there feel the same as you do, but there is little they can do about it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Sorry to hear that things are so rough in Japan

It was/is a beautiful country.

My son got to visit a few months before Fukishima (sp) and has some great memories of going.

You all still put out the best RPGs there are!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just leave the country

Who is going to stop you, sneak out if you have too.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If you take the economy as a criteria, living on planet Earth quite sucks these days.

Yes, some places are better some are worse, but they all... literally... suck.

And I cannot say i'm surprised, this system was designed to suck more and more as time goes by. They try it everywhere, to keep the balance just "right", for the people to have just about enough to live by and carry on, complaining about the situation online and in these forums, so they won't get totally upset and start rioting like happened in 2011. It's a very delicate balance everywhere, which happens to work.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Hello Musicismagic!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

* We also have a forum (It's simply titled "Japan") dealing with the events which came during and after the Tsunami. I look forward to reading your perspective there.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I suppose after WWll we really did teach them all we knew! Not nice and call it a bad joke.. It really does seem that no matter where one travels the working class has plenty to complain about. Chinese friends two days ago were complaining about the cost of housing and basic stuff in China now. Many places I am familiar with in S.E. Asia work 6 days a week with long hours for less than $350 U.S. a month... no retirement no medical nothing but a pay check mostly minus, the Fuki rads.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Maybe because Japan is a buffer zone between China and America.

More a place to spy from. The Pacific Ocean is the "buffer zone".

Or a moat if you will. Same with the Atlantic.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hey there musicismagic. Glad to hear from Japan. If you have a detector and you know how to use it we could sure use some info about the real readings from over there. Boots on the ground eye view kind of thing? Meanwhile, welcome to the site.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Some chinese honey is not even honey.

Its sugar and fake flavoring.

Some is only a small percentage honey and the rest sugar and flavoring.

Unlike japan in the US ALL ingredients must be listed.

And our FDA does do testing and will pull fake or miss labeled food

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Shana91aus
Wouldn't you worry about a chernobyl type impact on your body like mutated dna and stuff? because surely it's going to happen down the road after all this exposure? Like i remember seeing it had done it to vegetables & animals.. Such a scary thought, not too mention the cancer risks, very frustrating situation for citizens ill bet. I'd get outta there man!

Doctors here in the Tokyo area tell pregnant women don't drink the tap water. Best to buy water from the Kumamoto area of japan.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Darkblade71

Welcome to ATS!

Sorry to hear that things are so rough in Japan

It was/is a beautiful country.

My son got to visit a few months before Fukishima (sp) and has some great memories of going.

You all still put out the best RPGs there are!

Thanks

Southern Japan is still pretty rural. Got rice paddies in my backyard.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Hello Musicismagic!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

* We also have a forum (It's simply titled "Japan") dealing with the events which came during and after the Tsunami. I look forward to reading your perspective there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join