It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia wants answers on NATO troop movement in Eastern Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
RT, April 3 2014 - Russia wants answers on NATO troop movement in Eastern Europe

"We have addressed questions to the North Atlantic military alliance. We are not only expecting answers, but answers that will be based fully on respect for the rules we agreed on," Lavrov told reports at a joint briefing with Kazakhstan’s FM Yerlan Idrisov.

However, NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen said he had not received any questions from Moscow.
In response he called Russian accusations about NATO's actions "propaganda and disinformation."

He denied that NATO was violating the 1997 treaty on NATO-Russian cooperation by boosting its forces in Eastern Europe.

NATO, the US and the Ukraine junta have been making all kinds of warmongering statements about supposed Russian armies amassing along the Ukraine border, "ready to strike" at any moment.

However, Russia has pointed out that actual assessments NATO members and Ukraine have found no significant Russian military presence. But these reports are ignored by the media.

Now NATO is moving soldiers around Eastern Europe, and apparently staging wargames in the Ukraine. Russia asks for transparency and NATO claims "propaganda and misinformation" on the part of the Russians.

I may have only been a young teenager at the time, but I vividly recall watching the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq on CNN. Iraq was ready to launch all kinds of WMD at New York in 45 minutes, Saddam aided the attacks on 9/11, the Iraqi people needed freedom, blah blah blah. It's all the same lies, people.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

Another pro Russian post from a new member.......Hmmm.

I wonder if NATO would be doing this is Russia had not invaded Crimea. Maybe just maybe it is cause and effect.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

To hell with Putin wanting answers from NATO. The whole world watched as he took crimea BEFORE the referendum. Geopolitics leading up to the situation were obvious, and Russia made their move. It's NATO's turn now. This is what happens when you chose a military contingency instead of a diplomatic one. You aren't going to get the co-operation and answers you would have been due.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Um, the Russian invasion force on Ukraine's doorstep is hardly imaginary. Maybe Russia should explain that one. If they want to play, they better be ready to play rough.

My ex-husband's girlfriend and her kids, who are Lithuanian, told me they are very concerned about Russia's posturing. Russian navy has been pacing the coasts of the Baltic states, and the Baltic countries are getting very worried over that. Even Romania and Poland are getting worried. I think their worries are justified. Putin has made many indications that he wants his Soviet Union back.

So I am glad NATO is doing something useful for a change, and reminding Russia that Eastern Europe has friends. Big Friends.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It just keeps looking more and more like neither side is going to blink at all. One side moves the other steps a little further.

The cycles continues over and over until nothing is left to give and then we have war. The more days go by, the more and more this seems to be the inevitable conclusion.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

It's all the same lies, people.

You're right that it's lies, just maybe not the lies you're thinking. Putin, NATO countries leaders, Obama are all globalists owned by the same central banks. This stuff from RT is just for show. Same as western MSM propaganda. They all want the same thing and it's not nationalism.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Sounds very much to me like it's Putin who is playing international chess.

He knows damn well what to expect from the West after his actions.

Russia are the aggressors here, NATO is just responding defensively.

ETA Si vis pacem para bellum.
edit on 4.4.2014 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have training and experience with mapping, geographic information systems, and I know what Russia fields in its arsenal.

If any of you can show me actual evidence of this supposed Russian buildup, I would love to see it. So far all I've seen is Obama standing behind a podium spewing rhetoric, and some western mainstream news reporting on the official statements of some NATO officials.

Where are the pictures? The analysis? And artist depictions of mobile biological laboratories, err, advancing Russian armies don't count.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Vovin
I have training and experience with mapping, geographic information systems, and I know what Russia fields in its arsenal.

If any of you can show me actual evidence of this supposed Russian buildup, I would love to see it. So far all I've seen is Obama standing behind a podium spewing rhetoric, and some western mainstream news reporting on the official statements of some NATO officials.

Where are the pictures? The analysis? And artist depictions of mobile biological laboratories, err, advancing Russian armies don't count.

I will say this much:

If the buildup on the Russian side of the Ukrainian border was as big as the msm made it out to be, NATO did a piss poor job of responding. The only nation that mobilized was Poland, and the rest of NATO just shifted a few extra squadrons of fighter planes closer to the region with some heightened AWACS patrols. If the situation was as severe as some were making it out to be, the response by NATO was the definition of weak.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, where is the evidence that NATO is building up forces in eastern europe?
I don't see british/french/spanish/american troop transports through Germany, as would be expected if NATO is building up joint forces there.
Hell, the Bundeswehr isn't even alarmed and isn't getting its reserves called in and the Bundeswehr is a large part of the "old" defense plans regarding europe.

Sorry... Poland might be building up its defenses, but it's not a major NATO Buildup there. And yeah, we don't know for sure that Russia has a buildup in its western parts, so it's just old plain speculation.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Vovin

Another pro Russian post from a new member.......Hmmm.

I wonder if NATO would be doing this is Russia had not invaded Crimea. Maybe just maybe it is cause and effect.

Actually I've been reading stuff on ATS for awhile, but after reading some of the stuff posted about the Ukraine situation, I decided to jump in. Is that a crime?

Frankly, I am appalled that the same strategy to initiate war with Iraq is happening again. It's like the anti-Russia crowd has no depth or memory. They don't remember the lies used to justify every NATO/western intervention in the past 14 years, compared to the results. They don't remember that NATO encouraged Georgia to provoke Russia into a war just 6 years ago.

The same strategy of deceit and propaganda keeps rolling, and Russia becomes more "contained" as each year passes.

And as for Crimea? They achieved independence. They voted to join Russia. They refused to be a part of the fascist junta in Kiev, and knew that joining Russia formally would be a much better alternative when the rest of Ukraine cuts ties with Russia, engaging in western austerity to pay debts that Yanukovich had been, at the very least, surviving through under Russian guidance.

Ukraine is already starting to crumble with clashes between the junta "Svobida" and Right Sector. Russia has up'd gas prices big time, which it is entitled to, especially since Ukraine has not paid its gas bill in years. I wonder what the Ukrainian people will do when they start to freeze to death: beg for Russia to help or sell themselves into further debt to the IMF. Hmmm....

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's not analogous to the Iraq invasion at all.

Sorry, I don't see it.

Russia have been the aggressors from the get-go, invading another country and annexing part of it.

NATO have done squat diddly so far.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
At least the NATO supporters arent hiding, by the way you two, your beloved NATO has failed and ruined afghanistan completely.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Russia have been the aggressors from the get-go, invading another country and annexing part of it. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really? Russia is an aggressor from the the get-go? invading another country and annexing part of it? what invasion?

annexing part of it

So voting peacefully for the referendum to be with Russia is now annexing?

invading another country

Without Russia today there wouldn't be an Ukraine to speak off.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

Well, where is the evidence that NATO is building up forces in eastern europe?

Really your actually asking for evidence that NATO is building up forces in eastern Europe? yet NATO has being surrounding Russia since the 80s by installing puppets and those puppets allowing NATO to build there bases?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You're hilarious. I guess you missed the part of history the rest of us all witnessed where russia rolled in en masse BEFORE the referendum. But whatever. I can see their reasons, and I can even see how they were provoked.

Unlike you, I can't see how they have the balls to be making demands of NATO after the stunt they just pulled.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Really your actually asking for evidence that NATO is building up forces in eastern Europe? yet NATO has being surrounding Russia since the 80s by installing puppets and those puppets allowing NATO to build there bases?

Yep I do.
I don't see NATO troop movements across Europe for a NATO Force buildup in Eastern Europe. There was more going on before first and second Iraq War over here, but momentarily "It's all quiet in the West". If there is an imminent crisi approaching, I would expect more activity.

Poland is buildung up what seems like a quick crisis reaction force on their eastern border. Granted, Poland is part of NATO, but saying that this is a NATO Buildup is just ilke saying "Germany is the EU, or Texas is the USA". A national army is moving, not NATO itself.
You're mixing up Strategics and Tactics...
edit on 4/4/2014 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

You're hilarious. I guess you missed the part of history the rest of us all witnessed where russia rolled in en masse BEFORE the referendum. But whatever. I can see their reasons, and I can even see how they were provoked.

Unlike you, I can't see how they have the balls to be making demands of NATO after the stunt they just pulled.

out of curiosity,
once Kiev fell to fanatics..do you believe the pro Russian Crimea should have been left to the new Kiev government to pillage?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

DeadSeraph

out of curiosity,
once Kiev fell to fanatics..do you believe the pro Russian Crimea should have been left to the new Kiev government to pillage?

You already know the answer to that question given not only my previous post in this thread, but my previous posts throughout the crisis. I am aware of the western meddling in the Ukraine and I have always felt that Russia had cause for concern. That being said, the way Russia addressed the issue does not leave them any room to be making demands for information on NATO troop movements.
edit on 4-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

May I remind you that Russia has not fired a sungle shot in the Ukraine and you will have to look towards the current Ukraine government for answers as to who shoot the 86 protestors.

In the Crimea the people were scared of the nazi thugs from over the border and decided to have a vote

Russia has also caught 24 people people from the Ukraine that were inside Russia trying to make trouble so if I was Putin and was getting all the blame for something I didn't do then I would make dam sure that I was ready for NATO invading the Ukraine and kick some butt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join