Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why have children? My reasoning.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think it is a serious "disrespect" to your ancestors not to carry on your bloodline.

Regardles if you are rich or poor our ancestors toughed through hardships, love, bravery, and desperate times to survive. If they had not decided to(or accidently) have children, you wouldn't be here.

For someone to say they don't want children because of their selfishness, not being able to do what yoy want when you want, self centered, or whatever your reasons you "choose" not to have children is smacking your bloodline in the face.

The people before you carried the torch of life so you could have life.

Now this being said I do not feel this way about people who cannot have children.

I feel it is my duty to keep my family heritage alive well into the future..

Money is just money, things are just things, but our children are the future.

While I may not be rich, I want my children to be able to choose their own path so that they will(hopefully) pass the torch of life down to their children.

With that being said I do my best to support them, financially, and with the utmost love that I know how and can give myself.

It is an awesome thing to see a child grow older and learn and have new experiences. If you choose not to have children you are really missing out on what humanity is all about.

It is not just about you as a person. It is your past, present, and future.

That is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I originally wrote this as a reply to another thread until I realized I pushed the wrong icon.

I decided to make it a thread in hoping that someone reads this and it makes them think about not just themselves, but the future of their decisions.

I believe that for the most part we have grown selfish and self centered as a species.

Not everyone of course.
edit on 4-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Seriously,
What about gays or lesbians who can't have kids? If it comes to that I'm down for adoptions. I'm one of those people who think that no matter the orientation of the parents, kids still deserve to be raised. It's not there fault that there parents aren't straight. Sorry if of topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GroidNificent

That is their decision.

As far as i'm concerned they can be artificially insemenated, women of course, men can find a woman to bear their child, if they wanted to pass down their bloodline. Like I said if they choose not to do this, I believe they are doing their ancestors a great disservice

I have nothing against adoption at all. I think it is awsome that someone would help a child in need, to take them in as their own and nurture them. I have the utnost respect for people who choosee to adopt.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I generally disagree.
Lets say your ancestor had 4 kids, of that, 3 of them had kids, of those kids they had kids, etc..the ancestor that struggled and stuff to survive was looking out for him/herself and their immediate family, they didn't consider 30 generations from them they would have 12 thousand offspring..

I think if someone breeds from your line, its fine. good to have brothers and sisters..they getcha off the hook.

The best thing you can do to honor the ancestors is to pass down the collected knowledge, wisdom, and traditions they picked up and passed down.
We as a species are not a single branch of individual dna strands, we are a species...all related if you go back far enough, and so wisdom and more of a global parent is more important overall than making sure you personally breed.

Unless your highly intelligent..in which case I think you really should breed..both as genetic potential, and whatever climate you were raised in that enhanced your IQ. Hell, if not personally, then at least donate some genetic material so others can use it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Consider this: Your ancestors were probably the most racist, bigoted, pig-headed, self-centered, intolerant, jerky, sword-happy, arrow-happy, mace-happy, [bleep], [bleep], and [bleep]? Trust me...you're probably better off not knowing your ancestors.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Unless you are having immortal children then you are directly responsible for those lives when they die [however their demise takes place].

It is MURDER!

Life had better be perfect before anyone considers bring anyone else into this reality OR they are INHUMANE!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I see where you are coming from but,

Lets say your ancestor had 4 kids, of that, 3 of them had kids, of those kids they had kids, etc..the ancestor that struggled and stuff to survive was looking out for him/herself and their immediate family, they didn't consider 30 generations from them they would have 12 thousand offspring..

We do not know the intentions of why they had children. We sure can't say that they didn't think about the future of their family. After all, for the most part, they passed down their knowledge and skills so that their children could survive, knowing that someday they would have children.

We are a species, yes and as a species we need family to help guide us in the journey of life.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I think most of the people born into the world were the product of selfish intentions. So not bringing children into the world for the same reason seems to be consistent with tradition.

Men want to have sex and pleasure and there is no birth control, so children are born.

Humans wanted to ease their burden of doing physical labor and have someone support them when they are old, so children are born.

Humans wanted to raise up an army and expand their territories to improve their lives, so children are born.

Men want someone to carry on their name, so children born.

Didn't most humans have children as a result of selfish wants and desires?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

ZonedOut

Unless you are having immortal children then you are directly responsible for those lives when they die [however their demise takes place].

It is MURDER!

Life had better be perfect before anyone considers bring anyone else into this reality OR they are INHUMANE!

Can you define perfect for me?

Do you know anyone who is perfect?

Death is a part of life. If you can't grasp this then you have serious issues. To say that soneone born in poverty is sentenced to death is absolutey proposterous.

All we can do is raise our children to try to make the right decisions. Teach them what is "morally" right and hope that they use the knowledge that was , hopefully, taught to them to do the best they can with their own life.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
might i please ask you something(s)?

As far as i'm concerned they can be artificially insemenated, women of course, men can find a woman to bear their child, if they wanted to pass down their bloodline. Like I said if they choose not to do this, I believe they are doing their ancestors a great disservice

why do you put precedence on children coming into the world, but overlook the family unit or foundation these children are to be raised in?

our ancestors didn't have artificial insemination.
our ancestors were men & women who just got together and had a baby.
i think our ancestors would be turning in their graves at todays nonsense..

why do you think life just has to go on at any cost?
if you were stranded on the moon, would you want to bring children into that?
that's the way i see the world now (stranded on the moon, ie: unable to support life as we know it)

the way you say 'men can find a woman to bare their child' reminds me of some kind of gorilla prowling around a harem.
..is that what you think women are for?
what happens then?
does the man just wander off?

what about the family unit and structure?

want to be tossed in the deep end? click the link in my signature.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

liejunkie01
I think it is a serious "disrespect" to your ancestors not to carry on your bloodline.

ya dont have worry about it any longer ,,the powers that be have your DNA,,if the reason arises ,they will cook up any bloodline they need

humanity will soon reach the point where most bloodlines have intermixed anyhow

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

why do you put precedence on children coming into the world, but overlook the family unit or foundation these children are to be raised in?

I think that your whole pist is moot because you either disregarded my comments about nurturing a child. Watching them, teaching them, and loving them to be the best they can be.

Are you saying that gay people cannot do this?

I didn't bring up the gay topic. If you read my post you would see that I reponded to a question on the topic. Then if you read my posts you would gather that I did put emphasis on morally raising a child right.

But since you did not get that, I will leave it at that.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Yes ... I can define perfection ... it IS totality and not morality! Anything less than total can not be perfect.

Do NOT confuse perfection with PURITY ok!

That we simply exist is 'good enough' when compared with never existing at all!

Yes ... GOD is perfect because they are EVERYTHING!

Death is a part of life. If you can't grasp this then you have serious issues.

Yes ... Death does exist and I grasp that fact and remind myself that anybody I give life to is going to die and that would be my fault! === THIS FACT IS INESCAPABLE!

To say that soneone born in poverty is sentenced to death is absolutey proposterous.

1stly I didn't say that at all!

2ndly Death affects everyone regardless of financial status!

All we can do is raise our children to try to make the right decisions. Teach them what is "morally" right and hope that they use the knowledge that was , hopefully, taught to them to do the best they can with their own life.

No ... we can stop the cycle of death by simply not having any children and letting the human race become extinct!

God will still continue to exist and THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH an outcome!
edit on 4-4-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to remove a broken tag.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Double post.

I added a little more info below.

link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Consider this: Your ancestors were probably the most racist, bigoted, pig-headed, self-centered, intolerant, jerky, sword-happy, arrow-happy, mace-happy, [bleep], [bleep], and [bleep]? Trust me...you're probably better off not knowing your ancestors.

Trust me I do know about my ancestors.

Every year we have family reunions.

We have done our family tree. My family came to the US of A in the early 1600's from England, we have some French in tgere also. We have traced down our line.

Just curious if you have, and I am not trying to be disrepectful. Just curious.

So maybe your ancestors differ from mine.

link   
reply to post by UNIT76

Haha i always find myself having those same thoughts. The kind of stuff we have hot debates over nowadays, like whether a gay couple should be having babies for example, 50 years ago the answer to that question would've been a swift no and probably a beat down of whoever mentioned it. Nowadays everybody who is 'special' gets to complain over every little thing and it is such a huge issue. We like to believe we are more ethical now,...pft.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Jeez, there somebody down the ole' family line you do not speak the name of at the dinner table or something???

My ancestors were simple agricultural folk from Russia and Germany who came to the states and continued their farming lifestyle. Nothing evil there. Besides maybe the Russian part many members might say,

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Send there eggs a message!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

ZonedOut

Yes ... I can define perfection ... it IS totality and not morality! Anything less than total can not be perfect.

Do NOT confuse perfection with PURITY ok!

That we simply exist is 'good enough' when compared with never existing at all!

Yes ... GOD is perfect because they are EVERYTHING!

Death is a part of life. If you can't grasp this then you have serious issues.

Yes ... Death does exist and I grasp that fact and remind myself that anybody I give life to is going to die and that would be my fault! === THIS FACT IS INESCAPABLE!

To say that soneone born in poverty is sentenced to death is absolutey proposterous.

1stly I didn't say that at all!

2ndly Death affects everyone regardless of financial status!

No ... we can stop the cycle of death by simply not having any children and letting the human race become extinct!

God will still continue to exist and THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH an outcome!
edit on 4-4-2014 by ZonedOut because: Edited to remove a broken tag.

Obviously you are very religous.

I am not. At all.

I feel your religous views are clouding your JUDGEMENT towards others.

Enjoy your pure and perfect life.

One does not need religion to know morals, right and wrong, to be able to teach their young to respect others.

Thank you for commenting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join