It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun Debate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Xtrozero

Well we are a little different in the sense that we have 50 United States in a Republic not a Democracy as Germany was. This means each State has basically it's own President (Governor) and a military under their control.

The thought of fighting Americans is an alien thought to our military and they are also restricted, so because of this think more in terms of a large police state of non-military forces, but military armed as a more likely scenario.

The funny part is it cost so damn much now that police forces are typically undermanned and our military is shrinking every year, which bolsters the notion that a armed civilian force is even more viable as a physical deterrent from foreign attacks and provides quicker response and deterrent in domestic crime situations that our undermanned police forces can no long accomplish.

edit on 5-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

kudos for knowing/remembering that the USA is a REPUBLIC, and not a democracy......if only our government, and ALL of our citizens remembered that...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Idiosonic

Your theory can work if the only you can get a gun is from a ffl dealer gun store. What stops a mentally ill person from buying from the street or stealing it? Your idea is one epic failure.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Daedalus

i dunno, different mindset, maybe?

Human is a human!

A American has the same brain in them that a German does or a Russian, Mandarin or African ect

Either brain can be corrupted , manipulated or brainwashed.

A American how ever much you "wish" it is no more special than any other meat sack on this planet.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Xtrozero
The thought of fighting Americans is an alien thought to our military and they are also restricted

Im most country though exactly the same thing before there military's turned.

I dont think many people ever joined a military to fight there own, until it happens and SHTF.

Xtrozero
which bolsters the notion that an armed civilian force is even more viable as a physical deterrent from foreign attacks

Sorry but except from the UK and France no other country on earth has any sort of projection capability!
No country could at the moment land any sort of invasion on US soils, period.

Now Im all for gun rights. But be honest to yourself please. Its not to fight off red commies in some silly red dawn fantasy or some civil war. Its cause home protection and guns are cool.

Xtrozero
As example: The greatest military on the planet got its butt kicked in Somalia by a armed civilian force.

I dont think throw billions more in your military would have fixed that.

It not how much you spending but how your spending. The USA relys too much on fancy tec and overpowering weapons and less on the smaller details.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I love this debate because it shows how clearly ignorant of history and American values and ideals gun control advocates are. The ONLY reason I want to own a gun has nothing to do with criminals/crime or hunting, it has to do with the sole purpose of protecting myself and family against my GOVERNMENT! Yes the John McCains, Obamas, Bushes, Boxers, Lees, Feinsteins, Reids, and Boneheads of the world. And yes any mentally healthy law abiding American should be able to own any gun up to and including fully automatic assault rifles. Hell I think every neighborhood should have their own militia with several people skillful in the use of a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle for the day when the government sends drones after us for not paying our taxes. People can bury their head in the sand but that future is closer to being a reality. Nothing scares me more as an American than the tyranny and corruption I see my government perpetrating against the American people.

As far as mentally ill people getting guns……..well that's the cost we face living in a free society. Maybe if we had more mentally healthy people with CCW's we wouldn't be worrying about the off chance of some mentally ill nut job taking out a mall full of people. In reality you're more likely to get hit by a car than getting shot by some whacko. And behind every whacko nut job with a gun is someone like a mother, a father, a sibling, a teacher that knew that person was unstable and refused to do anything about it. Case in point….Adam Lanza. That kid should have NEVER even been around guns. Thankfully he killed his mother because in my opinion she was 90% responsible for that tragedy and if she did live she should have been sent to jail for the rest of her life for being so irresponsible and stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenMtnBoys

Way to be honest.

Now your approach is a little in your face. At least to the meek of mind. So you statement won't get through to most especially those ignorant of statistics involving class 3 weapons ect.

Definitely plenty fight left in this dog; same with you as well. Touché.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

CB328

The American culture is unique. It is one forged through the gun. The gun is simply a symbol of our freedoms.

Most of our freedoms were not earned with guns, but by activism, education and political involvement. That's what productive people do.

Gun worshippers are mainly delinquents who do nothing of value to anyone but spend a lot of time attacking everyone else.

^ This one is someone's sock puppet. Feeding it only distracts the dialog.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
edit on 5-4-2014 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

crazyewok

Daedalus

i dunno, different mindset, maybe?

Human is a human!

A American has the same brain in them that a German does or a Russian, Mandarin or African ect

Either brain can be corrupted , manipulated or brainwashed.

A American how ever much you "wish" it is no more special than any other meat sack on this planet.

true, human is human....but mindsets and sensibilities vary widely between cultures...

some cultures consider the eating of dogs and cats to be abhorrent, and unthinkable, whereas to other cultures, it's lunch...

mindset and cultural differences DO play a part in things like this..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My 12 year old daughter said it best. Last September when we were processing the deer she harvested she looked at me and said," dad, I can't believe there are people that want to take this experience away from us." it was a great bonding time, she learned a lot and really appreciates the hunt. We worked hard training at the range. Now, when we hunt we use what some consider to be an "assault" weapon. I bought it in the early 90's for $100. It holds 10 rounds. I put a plug in it so it only holds 5 so it would be legal to use. In reality she only puts 1 bullet in it at a time, that's all she needed. She's right in saying why do people want to take this experience away from us, what some whack job or madman does with his firearm has nothing to do with us. Now I know the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting but at this time that's what we use our firearm for. Thank God we've never had to defend ourselves with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Idiosonic

so you are really Piers Morgan with a screenname of idiosonic.
Couldnt make it on tv so you come here to spew your tripe?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join