It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun Debate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
2nd Amendment = debate over.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

wombatta
Yes we should ban guns and go back to the good old days ! Bows ,spears ,swords ,axes, knives,clubs etc much more fun ,skill involved ,dont need a licence ,a good way to get your agro out of your system ! wheres the fun in merely pulling a trigger ? wheres the adrenalin burnoff ? killing was always popular, especially in the old days ,having a Duel with someone was Legal ,and i can think of at least one person i would like to return the complement, for stealing my girlfriend underhandedly and getting her pregnant ! yep they were the good old days

You know, I'm like 280 6'5", so I'm fine with the whole bat idea, but I would bet the only thing that makes me and a 90 pound grandmother equal is a gun. Look at London, they all about beating each other up. It is like a national past time, but the difference is if a group of young thugs wanted to beat me up, and put me in a hospital they would need to stop a few rounds first.... is that a bad thing?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Idiosonic

Soldiers in the US military are friends, family and like-minded individuals. If the time comes, a good portion will be on our side.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

mugger
2nd Amendment = debate over.
2nd line

The big debate is why wasn't this the 1st Amendment?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

People suffering from depression and things like that, ill let the pro's decide that.

But let them vote, drive, speak freely, and hell, run for office.
Suffer from depression, yet procreate.
That's also your right.
Raise children while depressed, how dare anyone tell you how to raise YOUR kids.
As a matter of fact, your body, your choice, depressed or not.

Maybe we should let the pros make those decisions, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

minkmouse
I always think that the idea of the constitution was correct in it's day but now, to throw the government you'd need some pretty exotic hardware and software, muskets just wouldn't cut it. Bottom line....If Americans are using the constitution as an argument to own firearms to oust a malformed government, a serious amendment is in order!

In aggregate however millions of armed citizens is very exotic.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Idiosonic
Does anyone disagree that SOMETHING needs to be done, that is my point.

I disagree ...

nothing needs to be done ...

you can't control human behavior enough to prevent things like this from happening ...

... and if you could, the trade off would simply not be worth it.

in short, crazies gonna crazy ...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Your thread isn't controversial. It's just more of the same inane "I don't want to infringe on the 2nd amendment, I just want our government to use common sense." twaddle that's been said over and over.

So the "right" should be "earned"? Not really a "right" anymore at that point, is it? Who decides and enforces how it's "earned"?

And how do we prevent that nebulous criteria from being abused?

"We need change."

Gun violence has steadily gone down dramatically over the last three decades. Every time someone does something evil with a firearm, the media crams it down our throats, giving the illusion that we have a problem that's spiraling out of control when in reality, the opposite is true.

You cannot have freedom and still have complete safety. Choose one. Your choice will speak volumes about your character.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The American culture is unique. It is one forged through the gun. The gun is simply a symbol of our freedoms.

Most of our freedoms were not earned with guns, but by activism, education and political involvement. That's what productive people do.

Gun worshippers are mainly delinquents who do nothing of value to anyone but spend a lot of time attacking everyone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

CB328

The American culture is unique. It is one forged through the gun. The gun is simply a symbol of our freedoms.

Most of our freedoms were not earned with guns, but by activism, education and political involvement. That's what productive people do.

Gun worshippers are mainly delinquents who do nothing of value to anyone but spend a lot of time attacking everyone else.

The pen is mightier than a gun crowd has never looked down the barrel of a gun.

Have your penmanship I'll take marksmanship.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
People like you are proof that our country is doomed. Our country will be like the middle east within a few decades, we should all start buying turbans.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

CB328
People like you are proof that our country is doomed. Our country will be like the middle east within a few decades, we should all start buying turbans.

Close.........Europe will look like the middle east. America will look like Mexico. Our masters plan is working like a charm.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

CB328

Huh? The founders were activists?
It was a bunch of guys with guns who won the freedoms outlined in the Declaration and Constitution. Didn't you study American history in school?
What is your planet of origin?
There was this bunch of guys who got really, really ticked and wrote up their complaints in a document called the Declaration of Independence. You should read it. They wrote this document based on some ideas that had been floating around for a while about how mankind should be able to experience freedom because they are endowed with certain Natural Rights by their Creator. These dudes had fallen out of believing that the King was the earthly representative of their Creator and into the notion that each man had the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
They believed that some form of government was necessary to "secure these rights" for all, but if that government fails to secure those rights, the people who formed it should alter or abolish it.
All these ideas coalesced in a document called the Constitution for the United States. You should read it sometime.
They were so ticked off at the King that they threw his representatives out. He sent troops to quell this uprising of upstart activists so the upstart activists took up arms to defend the rights they had declared.
From 1775 until 1783 the ticked-off colonists fought the British for the right to rule their lives as they saw fit. They did give the Brits quite an education but they used mostly guns and cannon to do it. After whipping the snot out of the Redcoats, they did send ambassadors to work out the details of the British surrender so I suppose you could stretch and say that was political activism.

Now, let me say that I'm all for activism, been at it for over 40 years with some small victories along the way and some sad defeats. I'm all for education, something you seem lack. Read a book. Heck, I'd venture to guess that somewhere out there is a comic book that explains how the United States came to be the first nation on earth to declare all men free and equal. But you do need to understand our origins before you go practicing your political involvement. If you do not know your history, you are ignorant indeed. Your statement stands as proof positive of your ignorance of history. It's not a fatal thing, it can be cured by simply picking up a few books and reading them. Wiki has a good bibliography of the American Revolution. That would be a fine place to begin.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I wasn't talking about the revolution, but the founding fathers were intellectuals who spent more time reading and writing than shooting guns, so you proved my point.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

The Idea that the framers of the Constitution had only envisioned muskets is completely false not to mention ridiculous,
Puckle Gun The fact is, that the 2nd Amendment covers arms in common use, if you honestly believe that an army with inferior technology could not possibly defeat a larger force with superior weapons you should look up Zulu vs. British, Afghans vs. Russians, as well as Vietnamese vs Americans.
Furthermore the 2nd Amendment does NOT bestow the Right to Bear Arms on the American People, it describes a pre-existing Right. It does NOT describe that pre-existing right as applying only to people serving in a militia either, it states that militias are necessary for State security and that the (pre-existing) Right to Bear Arms shall not be altered.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You think? TV and other forms of entertainment that blinded them weren't around.

Pat yourself on the back for such a substantial revelation.

Really???
edit on 4/5/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

CB328
I wasn't talking about the revolution, but the founding fathers were intellectuals who spent more time reading and writing than shooting guns, so you proved my point.

Whence came your rights if not from the American Revolution? Crazy George III certainly didn't grant them to you.

I hate to break it to you but it was the guns that gave them the freedom to write those "treasonous" documents and it was guns and cannon that kept the King from keeping them in jail.

You sayin' that George Washington wasn't a gun nut? That he was writing and reading books during that winter at Valley Forge?

Again, I must ask you to read a book or two about the founders of the United States. If you think they were simply intellectuals that sat around reading and writing you are badly misinformed. Sorry for your lack of education but it can be corrected. Just doing my part to help in the crusade to Deny Ignorance. You are deeply mired but you can ....ah, nevermind.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

hudsonhawk69

Guns don't kill people... People kill people.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

BAN PEOPLE!!!

...oh, damn....did i say that aloud? ...they might hear me, lol

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Xtrozero

Thank god! I been waiting for this type of debate for a long time.....

um...it happens fairly regularly...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Xtrozero
I always wondered what the debate was over....

Are we debating as to how to limit an evil, carnivore, eat other species into extinction, top of the food chain species from killing or is it just over guns?

edit on 4-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

i have no clue wtf you just said....any chance you could rewrite your statement in english?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join