It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Kill-joys who condemn Sister Cristina

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Jesus talks many times about Satan/the devil and interacts often with people who are demonically possessed. By calling Satan a myth you are effectively saying that Jesus is a liar.

In the English Bible, yes, Jesus is reported to have done so. But again, the Bible is translated over and over, and Jesus himself wrote down nothing at all. So it's not calling him a liar.

I believe Satan is a myth. Perhaps even Jesus is a myth. But let's say he wasn't. Maybe even he believed that myth - it was, after all, a belief in his own culture (and upbringing). Which brings us back round to translations, interpretations, prophets, and cultural idioms. Mental illness was thought for centuries before and afterward to be 'demonic possession.' Now we know it is mental illness. If that was the way his public listeners believed, why would he bother arguing with them about it - he knew what to do to help. THAT is what is important. What you (or anyone chooses to) 'call it' is irrelevant.

The Bible cannot be trusted to be accurate. I've mentioned before that translation and interpretation are two difficult things - I know from experience, education, and practice. Mess up just one little word, and you may have shot down the entire message.
There is no question that the Bible has been translated and copied innumerable times. Do you ever look at your posts after submitting them and notice that you mixed up a word, or were unclear? (Like your post to me above). A one-off copy, made by hand by some hired scribe is likely to make mistakes as well as take advantage of knowing his bosses can't read the original - it gives far too much freedom to the scribes and translators to mix it up; and then for clergy to misinterpret what has been already misinterpreted.

There is also no proof that any of the people who wrote down what's now included in it meant what it now says. Since none of them are here to ask (including Jesus), it seems rather silly to me that people get so hysterically upset when anyone challenges their interpretation.

To my thinking, it is meant to be interpreted like any classical poem or piece of literature. Symbolism, mythology, folklore, tradition, whatever. As for your Ellen White, well, sorry but...why should she have any more crediblity than John Smith or any other 19th century self-styled 'prophet'? What about other culture origin-stories? They're all wrong because you say so?

I know you like to feel you have all the answers, and that you're quite immersed in studying evil - I think that is peculiar.

Thanks, though, for your cordial response.

edit on 4/7/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Conversations like the one in this thread is why I left Christianity. None of you can agree what is and isn't acceptable. Some even use the same verses as others to say the exact opposite of each other. The closed minded Catholics in the OP chastising the nun are just examples of this disagreement. You'd think that if Christianity was the one true religion, God would have made it easy to understand for everyone. Well to each his own. Have fun searching for the devil in everything. It must be nice to have a scapegoat to blame all the world's evils on instead of admitting that maybe its just humans exercising that thing called free will to the detriment of others.

As for the nun, kudos to her for using her talents for what she believes in. Trying to spread her message of love and happiness through song is the complete opposite of devil worship in my opinion, but hey what do I know? I'm just a heathen agnostic. I'm already going to hell. Guess I can get her to sing songs to everyone on the bus ride downstairs. Be a lot more fun than the stoic procession going in the opposite direction.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Nice post!
It just made me visualize a singing nun who's like the tour-director....
"All souls destined for hell, please step off the tram at the next stop. The rest of us will be heading to ....."

Like, a job. I wonder, do they have jobs in heaven and hell? I've read NDEs and medium seances/what have you that they DO work once they (the soul) arrives. In whatever job they loved here....and they get to continue to use their talents and interests while they're over there.

We just don't know what happens. It's one of life's mysteries. I also left 'Christianity' and religion in general because of the general bickering and schoolyard snits; but I am fascinated with watching it and reflecting on it and participating in it from an ex-pat's point of view. (heh 'ex-pat'...get it?)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
more
As for the nun, kudos to her for using her talents for what she believes in. Trying to spread her message of love and happiness through song is the complete opposite of devil worship in my opinion, but hey what do I know? I'm just a heathen agnostic. I'm already going to hell. Guess I can get her to sing songs to everyone on the bus ride downstairs. Be a lot more fun than the stoic procession going in the opposite direction.

Love it! haha.

I gotta admit,after arguing with some of the tight underwear brigade, their idea of heaven sounds like an uptight, stuffy, regimented, no fun sort of place.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Conversations like the one in this thread is why I left Christianity. None of you can agree what is and isn't acceptable. Some even use the same verses as others to say the exact opposite of each other. The closed minded Catholics in the OP chastising the nun are just examples of this disagreement. You'd think that if Christianity was the one true religion, God would have made it easy to understand for everyone. Well to each his own. Have fun searching for the devil in everything. It must be nice to have a scapegoat to blame all the world's evils on instead of admitting that maybe its just humans exercising that thing called free will to the detriment of others.

Thanks nice post I'm with you here!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow am I a tread killer, or misunderstood, or what ever, no further postings??? I want to see opinions, why nothing?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

It's not you, I don't think. It just sort of ran its course...
JG was supposed to be getting back to me about Ellen White, but he wasn't even really on topic anyway except to say that singing would be considered 'work'. It looked to me like it was a joyous noise she was making.

Anyway, she had her 15 minutes of fame, maybe all the fuss was over nothing...is there any more recent news about her?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Hi buzzy.

I checked the voice website and they have now got all of their teams together, so we should see her sing again soon. I personally can't wait to see her next performance

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The singing Sister would be upset reading the anti-Catholic remarks in these pages.

ATS daily has mocking Christ, mocking His Church threads. Do not waste your time. Our Lord made a promise
to Peter, leader of the Apostles and first leader of Christ's Church. Roman Catholicism is the faith, the one Church. Jesus said in Matthew 16:18, Satan will not overcome My Church. His promise, God knows the future.

Study the faith, read a Catholic Bible, I recommend the Douay-Rheims www.drbo.org... not the modern translations, read the Catechism, it is on the Net www.scborromeo.org... , read the lives of the saints and doing a search, type in Catholic Apologetics first before your question about the faith.

You may of seen in the news, why did the pastor of the largest mega-church in Sweden, convert to Catholicism? He lost his means of making a living, is he crazy? No, He found the Truth.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

How's about we just rejoice in the fact that this wonderful, energetic and devoted nun is able to share the gift that God has given her with the world.

All the anti people that have lambasted her can baste in their own negativity because this sister rocks it and shows us that just because you believe in God you don't have to be a boring stuffy uptight sort of person.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For those of you who (like me) don't speak Italian, here is an English news clip on Sister Cristina. I find it fascinating that her mother superior convinced her to audition.

media.smh.com.au...

*Edit*

I've just checked The Voice Italy and it looks like Suor Cristina will be back on tonight in the first round. Sadly I can't quite understand the promo video but here it is for anyone that does

www.rai.tv...=0
edit on 16-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, sister's act was no fluke. She has sung again in an amazing knock out battle duet and totally rocked it again. This time there is no doubt about her spiritual mission. Even the judges talk of it

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hey guys, this thread is alive again, but I havent seen any remarks from darknstormy, for a long time, hope he is ok.
edit on 20-4-2014 by researcher88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Thank you for the upload, great to see Suor Cristina win again.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: researcher88 and lonewolf2

I'm not sure where the other guys have gone, but I'll post updates on Sister Cristina's journey on the show as they happen. I for one am fascinated to see where this leads.

I just love the way she gets the audience going and find it fascinating that J-Ax has also picked up on her unusual gift that goes well beyond a great voice.

edit on 20-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: researcher88
Hey guys, this thread is alive again, but I havent seen any remarks from darknstormy, for a long time, hope he is ok.

I'm fine.. I just don't care about singing competitions, The Roman Catholic Church and their idols.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: researcher88

I'm fine.. I just don't care about singing competitions, The Roman Catholic Church and their idols.

Great to have you back, believe it or not I love all sides of the debate, and I value yours as well, even though I disagree. Life would be pretty boring if we were all the same.

Off the topic here, but could you read my other thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... I would love to get your take on my situation. But I will understand if you ignore my request, I'm fine with that.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That is one of the reasons that I, as a young girl with a 'higher calling' did not join the SisterHood of any Catholic order - the hypocrisy was just too much to bear - I could not, in all honesty, join up with a corrupted outmoded "Holy" Roman Church - there is nothing HOLY about the Roman empire: we can thank the Catholic Church for setting humanity back about 3 thousand years in science, medicine, and life-saving technologies. I have an audio blog at soundclick.com If you ever wish to just listen - I am now mostly blind, with advanced MS, but I was 'awakened' and I express my opinion and that of the UNIVERSAL order of things to come.. Listen here:
www.soundclick.com... If you know anyone about to have a child or has a newborn, PLEASE tell them to LISTEN to my files on SIDS - sudden infant death syndrome, everything is free, I just have to help people, we are here to help each other - all of us... regardless of borders, race, religion, etc.. If you can, Pass it on, I am in Hospice care now, and I am very tired... to say the least lol... luv ya, and Happy Easter - Passover, Susa E Jordan

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Susa133

Its people like you that bring joy to my life, the awakening from this blanket of lies that covers us, If there is a god, why do we need to pay a church and get a priest to represent us. If he created us all equal, then we should be able to get to him without a church. I see religions as the evil, deceptive etc, that is placed between us and creation.
BTW, I don't like people as much as I love nature and creation, and through all that I have attained some healing or call it what you may "powers" for some reason I was given a task to heal people that mostly I don't like at all, almost as if I'm being punished for lack of love for strangers(humans) etc...who or what is out there pointing and guiding me in all these direction, I have no Idea, but I'm starting to get a sense that its alien related, but who knows.

So if you refuse to share I respect you but if you want to tell about why you in hospice, Id love to hear, even if you want to pm me its fine, you might not be willing to share because....I'm no doctor but I have seen and performed small miracles. I really feel for you. thank you for your post.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Susa133

Hi Susa and thanks for dropping in to share your thoughts. Happy Easter / passover to you too

I too walked away from a calling, but I did it more because of who I am than anything else. I'm not going to lie to you and try to defend the catholic church's many and varied sins, but I will say this; Show me anything that humanity has done that is free from error, misjudgement and prejudice. Sister Cristina is one tiny little Sicilian nun trying to share a special gift with the world. For that I respect her and am thankful she came forward and hope others like her get the courage to stand up and show us the good side of catholicism.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join