It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Kill-joys who condemn Sister Cristina

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Hey, what is it with calling yourself Christian and then also confirming that you are a homosexual? You do understand that Christianity and Homosexuality are contrary to each other? When it comes down to it, I don't care what you do but I'm interested in understanding how one proclaims to be something yet violates everything it stands for..

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Quite simply; who made you the judge and jury all of a sudden?

I was born and raised a catholic, I respect the faith and its teachings and I live to its ideals to this very day and it is GOD who gets to pass judgement on me, nobody else

Show me a Christian other than Jesus himself who is not a sinner.........

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Before I say anything, I will give you this.

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience, therefore do not be partakers with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (For the fruit of the spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. Ephesians 5;6,12

I wasn't judging you, I simply asked a question... And the above would suggest that you have already been judged by God.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I apologise if you thought I was attacking you too.

This really has nothing to do with the thread on Sister Cristina however. If you would like to discuss this further, please start a thread on it, I'm more than happy to discuss why i believe, but only in the correct place.

edit on 21-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Before I say anything, I will give you this.

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience, therefore do not be partakers with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (For the fruit of the spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. Ephesians 5;6,12

I wasn't judging you, I simply asked a question... And the above would suggest that you have already been judged by God.

yes and you know the mind and a heart of a God you don't believe in. sweet.

not to mention what you quote. lol!

even david was forgiven.

(post by DarknStormy removed for a manners violation)
(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)
(post by DarknStormy removed for a manners violation)
(post by tadaman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: tadaman

I was asking a question you nosey prick. When I want a response from you I'll ask you a question Bill Murray.

Actually I love you dude and I apologise to those that you irritate, I have pulled you out the woodwork, now everyone's swords are out again, you amaze me with the fight you have, you're down under so perhaps the Tasmanian devil is playing a roll, or his culture etc.?... anyway you like to bark perhaps bite here and there.. but I am totally convinced that you and me will be very good friends, I'm an atheist that is starting to read you, you are a Christian that knows the bible too well, I too have studied religion , but not on your level, so I might come back to you someday to explain something that I don't understand, and you, my friend are one of a kind, so strong in what you believe or know, thanks for your response to my cancer thread,its really wonderful, I wish I could show you life in another way but what gloom you have for others, is at your own peril.

Blessings, but not from god I'm afraid, thanks for post.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i just want to thank the moderators, we are not here to fight, its just intelligent debate we are after.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: researcher88

Researcher88, I would not be a Christian if it was based off deeds and doing but I have undertaken years of religious study and do have some idea about it and this includes Islam and Judaism also. Once again I am not making judgement on anyone until or unless they judge me, sort of like that patata fellow tried to do. I only ask questions about religion because I do see the contradictions within some of the self proclaimed followers. Not only here or down the street, but on the global level also.

When it comes down to it I agree that everyone has the right to make their own choices and decisions and no-one should have the power to interfere with that but with that also I will ask the tough questions, not because I dislike the person but because I want to see what their response is. Nothing more, nothing less. The same could be said about this Nun issue, why does a nun want to become a world wide idol? I'm not going to change anything but religiously speaking this is against the Bible regardless of what anyone says so I will take the controversial road and I'm willing to cop a few taunts and hisses along the way. I don't care about Stars and Flags either, I stick to what I have learnt regardless.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

why does a nun want to become a world wide idol?

Oh the dramatic language. She's having fun in a singing competition. She sang on 'the voice of italy'. SO WHAT? There's nothing evil about it. She isn't an 'idol'.

She had some fun and people saw that the Catholic church isn't just stuffy old italian men locked up in the Vatican. She showed that there are young people and they are normal and they are lively. You can have a life dedicated to God AND be alive and happy at the same time. It's good for the church and she's got talent so why the hell not sing?

Kudos to her.

edit on 4/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

why does a nun want to become a world wide idol?

Oh the dramatic language. She's having fun in a singing competition. She sang on 'the voice of italy'. SO WHAT? There's nothing evil about it. She isn't an 'idol'.

She had some fun and people saw that the Catholic church isn't just stuffy old italian men locked up in the Vatican. She showed that there are young people and they are normal and they are lively. You can have a life dedicated to God AND be alive and happy at the same time. It's good for the church and she's got talent so why the hell not sing?

Kudos to her.

That's fine and because the RCC is the greatest insult to religion there is, I guess it really doesn't matter anyway.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That's fine and because the RCC is the greatest insult to religion there is, I guess it really doesn't matter anyway.

I'm going to ignore the insult the RCC part and ask you a hypothetical question instead;

If you were God up there in heaven looking down upon the world of 2014, you'd notice several things;

1) Depsite the fact that there are more people alive today than ever before there are less people in churches of any christian denomination than 50 years ago.

2) You've seen the rise and rise of first television, then the internet and the third wave of reality shows and social media.

You decide you want to reach out to as many people as you can via one of your prophets. How would you do this? Would you ask them to stand on a street corner and quote bible passages old skool style. You know that hasn't been working so well of late. Do you do something completely out of character and come speak to the world directly yourself? Or do you get smart and hijack the devil's gateway into peoples' lives i.e. use #2 as a mode to talk to people via a traditional prophet?

What would this prophet look like? What would he/ she have to do to grab the attention of a generation who is used to seeing what was once considered miraculous in cgi form on tv and in the movies?

Personally, I'd be just as happy if it were a Protestant person of faith up on the stage singing and witnessing like that. Italy however is a mainly catholic nation, being the home of the RCC and all. To me this is exactly how I'd expect God to reach out to the people of 2014

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

1) Depsite the fact that there are more people alive today than ever before there are less people in churches of any christian denomination than 50 years ago.

Religiously speaking it's meant to happen and no-one can change that, not even this singing Nun. It's called the falling away.

2) You've seen the rise and rise of first television, then the internet and the third wave of reality shows and social media.

You decide you want to reach out to as many people as you can via one of your prophets. How would you do this? Would you ask them to stand on a street corner and quote bible passages old skool style. You know that hasn't been working so well of late. Do you do something completely out of character and come speak to the world directly yourself? Or do you get smart and hijack the devil's gateway into peoples' lives i.e. use #2 as a mode to talk to people via a traditional prophet?

What would this prophet look like? What would he/ she have to do to grab the attention of a generation who is used to seeing what was once considered miraculous in cgi form on tv and in the movies?

It's not her Job to reach out to people and as for the standing on street corners, the Bible teaches against that practice. And what's this prophet crap? There very strong words to use for someone who through traditional Christianity shouldn't be announcing herself in the first place. I disagree with that concept btw but it is a Biblical teaching also.

Personally, I'd be just as happy if it were a Protestant person of faith up on the stage singing and witnessing like that. Italy however is a mainly catholic nation, being the home of the RCC and all. To me this is exactly how I'd expect God to reach out to the people of 2014

God doesn't need to reach out to people and without being rude to you personally, who gave anyone the authority to change the teachings to suit their own agenda's? You either are or you are not a Christian and that is determined by your actions. It's one thing to proclaim to be a Christian, it's another to actually uphold the teachings which are the essence of being Christian. Now I'm not saying this because I know everything, I'm saying it because it is a fundamental teaching in the Book itself. I don't consider myself a Christian because I don't uphold the religious laws though I was baptised under the RCC. The biggest mockery to Christianity is most modern day Christians who use the label yet couldn't give a crap about the teachings in the first place.
edit on 21-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Basically, this is where we agree to disagree. I see no point in arguing ideology with you as you have set yourself up to be the one and only authority on the matter and everyone who disagrees withyou is therefore wrong and damned for being so.

You believe what you believe and I'll believe what I do. May you find peace and blessings in this life's journey

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hot off the youtube press, it looks like Sister Cristina has prevailed again. Not her best performance to date, but the more I see of this little nun and her fellow sisters, its obvious that she comes from a place of great love.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The Voice has just released a new promo vid featuring all the talent that has made it this far. This is where things get interesting for the Sister, all I can say is man those Italians sing like birds. It will be fascinating to see how much further she progresses as the talent she is up against is also very good.

I see that Luna Palumbo, the one who sung that incredible girls just wanna have fun duet with sister cristina has made it back into the competition too. I would have hated to be J-Ax and having to choose between those two unique voices and am glad she is back in with a chance.

edit on 4-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join