It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The life of Brian Cohen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Could it just be possible, that the truth of the human condition can be summed up in the phrase "Many a true word spoken in jest" When our logic and reason fail to give us answers. That in flow of consciousness that produced what appears to be a humorous classic which is still banned in many countries the truth of the human condition is laid out starkly before us. It caused the great uproar in many circles accusations of Blasphemy being but one.
The human condition is without a doubt mostly bleak, but in this short clip, i've chosen the shorter version of the Crucifixion of Brian, but its well worth it if you have the time to have a look at the whole film if you have the time. As there seem to many pieces that could well be historically relevant to where we find ourselves today. Even though it would be the antithesis of most established doctrine, told in what might be called modern film parables. www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

You're a very naughty boy!

Posting such a thing this late in the evening, when I am supposed to be in bed and fast asleep. Now I shall have to be up all night writing this out 100 times before dawn or some Centurian will cut off my balls:

"Romani ite domum"

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Tis my right!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

dampnickers

You're a very naughty boy!

Posting such a thing this late in the evening, when I am supposed to be in bed and fast asleep. Now I shall have to be up all night writing this out 100 times before dawn or some Centurian will cut off my balls:

"Romani ite domum"

That would be nothing more than a mere flesh wound.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just love this scene.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

This one gets me..www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ah yeah, it's a great movie full of awful truth.

Here's my favorite scene...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

It caused the great uproar in many circles accusations of Blasphemy being but one.

it sure did. I stumbled on this series of videos that show a debate between John Cleese and Michael Palin from the Pythons versus Catholic apologist Malcolm Muggeridge and Mervyn Stockwood, the then Bishop of Southwark.

Life of Brian Debate

edit on 3-4-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join