It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Springtime, now it's time again for tornado season. 1 Touched down not too far from me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, Spring is here, and my area is getting hit with its first batch of severe storms at the moment. There's been tornado sightings in a few spots across North Texas in the past hour.

Strong storms hit central U.S.: 'Tornado risk is actually increasing'

Denton County, Texas, sheriff's office spokeswoman Sandi Brackeen said that "a tornado touched down south of Krum," though the weather service hasn't confirmed a tornado in this area. Outbuildings and barns, but no known homes or commercial properties, suffered damage, said county emergency services chief Jody Gonzalez

Local news stations are saying there's a tornado moving through Farmersville, and another was spotted a few minutes ago near Princeton.

Plus, there's a few more storms developing to my West, and those are going to hit us pretty soon to.

ETA - A few other states are also getting hit with the same line of storms.
edit on 3-4-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA - Here's a picture of the hail from a bit East of Denton. From Fox4 DFW

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Be safe! No risky photography!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
And hurricane season. Every year these things come around. Every year. Always can expect another Katrina. We never know....the only thing for sure...is every year there is atornado and hurricane season.

I used to live in Coral Gables (South Miami). Every year we had to expect the unexpected.

I didnt want to have the yearly stress of possibly losing everything I had or rebuilt. I loved it Florida though and love to visit the Keys and Clearwater....but live there?

Nope. Never again. There will always be tornados and hurricanes. God. They even have their own YEARLY SEASONS!!!

Its just no longer worth worrying every year. Not in tornado and hurricanes and flood states.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TNMockingbird

Be safe! No risky photography!!!

I do like to sit outside and watch the storm clouds, but if I do see a tornado coming for us, Im running in and ducking and cover. Also, im running inside if it starts hailing to. University of North Texas in Denton had slightly larger than baseball size hail falling around the campus and totaling cars and windows, more than once today. This is the 3rd batch of storms we're currently in from the past couple hours.

reply to post by mysterioustranger

And hurricane season.

Yup, it's about time for hurricanes to. I'll give it a couple weeks until one starts developing off our coast.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Getting hit right now by me in St.Charles Mo. Taking cover for now bbl.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Dimithae

Getting hit right now by me in St.Charles Mo. Taking cover for now bbl.

Starting to get hit with hail at my house. Im guessing the power's going to be out soon. Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A little update from local news stations about the tornado that's currently in Farmersville (Collin County) - there's been a few injuries and wind speeds up to 150 mph

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Tornados have gotten so bad over the last decade that folks don't worry about tornado season other than will it be a record season. Record size, record speed, record destruction.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Logarock

Tornados have gotten so bad over the last decade that folks don't worry about tornado season other than will it be a record season. Record size, record speed, record destruction.

That's what Im hearing via local news already. "How many records will we break this time???"

Im guessing we'll have a few more records broken this year. Already had hail the size of apples earlier today. Give it a couple more months and we'll have even bigger

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why do we want to live in places because "its so pretty there"...when you could lose everything you have...possessions, family photos, property...EVERY YEAR??????

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Check out how much hail this produced, in addition to the apple size hail.

This comes from a bit East of Denton, from the local Fox news station.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm torn on this one...every year. I love watching and tracking storms (Can't do it like I used too though). And yet hate seeing the destruction they leave behind. But I have been fortunate in helping people in a time of need just by doing what I do as a hobby.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
Why do we want to live in places because "its so pretty there"...when you could lose everything you have...possessions, family photos, property...EVERY YEAR??????

Name one place on earth where it is totally safe?

From either natural and man made disasters?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Southern Illinois here.

It's hitting us now.

I got the weather radio charged and on. The severe thunderstorm was just downgraded. But we are flash flooding like crazy.

I've got a long night ahead of me while the family sleeps.

Be safe everyone. I had my 15 minutes of tornado fame back in 05. Personally I hope it stays that way.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

But we are flash flooding like crazy.

That's what's going on here now to. The storms and tornadoes have passed for the night, but we got a ton of rain for the area. I guess a few states got some of their first spring severe storms for this year today.

Well, I guess now it's time to wait a week or 2 until the next batch hits us.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

That question seems to only pop up when it comes to tornadoes. No one questions the mudslides in Washington, earthquakes in Cali or "Superstorms" in NY, even though those places are far more dangerous to live....
Nice King Crimson references, btw.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I guess one good thing about southern Mi we don't really get the natural disasters like other places. I'm sure there has been a tornado or two but the last one I remember was at least 25 years ago. Took out my friends house.

About 10 years ago the river rose, no biggy. I felt the tiny vibration of an earthquake,again about 25 years ago.

Can't remember any mudslides ever, no water shortages. There was a forest fire in the U.P. last year though.

Staying out of Detroit helps avoid the man-made disasters

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i'm in central texas. i have been saying that this spring is going to bring more severe storms than the last few years. more hail and more tornadoes. be prepared. the summer will have some flooding (bouts of very heavy rain) and then we'll hit a horrible dry spell that will really be bad for our already extreme drought. the last couple of years have been rather quiet as far as bad weather. we'll make up for it this year. (of course, i could be wrong but this is my "prediction" judging by wind patterns since february).

new topics

top topics

join