It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout: Nationwide epidemic of mob attacks, stabbings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Aside from this post being entirely off topic, I think 3 chics politico better go check their facts, and remove the dupes. I thought this one was particularly hilarious:

8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

Umm... not even close. They deny more requests than they approve.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

whyamIhere

105. Made Edward Snowden seem like an honest guy.

Yes, busy indeed.

this cracked me up!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Jesus. I hate Obama and this may be the dumbest thread ever. If this is what is passing for discourse on ATS these days I am finally officially hanging up my hat. It's been real.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of how much social media plays apart in this. Certainly a lot of you do.

For instance, Worldstarhiphop. It used to be a cool site, if you wanted to see the latest rap music videos with the occasional video that related to hip hop culture or just cool videos in general.. this was the place to be. You could even shoot them $500 to get your video put on their website. As time went on, a trend in videos started appearing. Every week you'd get a "Fight Compilation", which would get a considerable amount of hits. Quickly, fight video began springing up daily and they get hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of views. Q (or whoever owns that site now) definitely sold out. He (or they) know exactly how detrimental that website is on a whole culture of people.. and sadly they keep fueling it. I cannot bear to go to that site after watching too many mob violence videos on young, elderly, and women and reading the hate speech condoning it within the comment section.

If you notice, people like to whip out their cell phones and record videos of fights these days. A common thing these people will do is yell "WORLDSTAAR". It's almost as if they all want to be on this website, getting some kind of sick glory for either beating the life out of someone or being the first one to record it and submit it. People who submit the video get recognition which is typically a twitter handle (which gets them more followers, which enables them to more options of side-dudes/side-chicks.. if I'm doing my math correctly)

Twitter, as everyone knows, can be used to quickly spread information to the masses. We all know what it's capable of. With more videos of flash mob violence, more teens are going to want to partake in their own. I guarantee you this.

If these groups of teens started coming together/organizing and spreading certain #hashtag keywords, they could easily have these flash mobs springing up at a moments notice.

As you can see, social media is hyperbolic to this culture. Trends can move across the country very quickly. Such as the "Knockout Game" phenomena that I believe was the predecessor to what we are looking at now.

*Now my opinions and speculations cuz what fun would it be without? haha*

I strongly believe we are in the beginning stages of class warfare. There are simply too many welfare related benefits and handouts being abused. I understand these welfare solutions were only to try to alleviate previous problems and help people who truly need it. But I strongly believe it has become counter-productive and reached a point of no return.

As the middle class continues to take abuse, both financially and physically, a desensitization and fallout will occur within the middle class towards the lower class. I imagine at some point the middle class would concede with the upper class and somehow work to decrease welfare benefits and increase police. Which would -really- put people in poverty. Probably to the point where the lower class consists of starving people who are killed without hesitation. (again, I imagine decades upon decades from now)
edit on 4-4-2014 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

drewlander

Aside from this post being entirely off topic, I think 3 chics politico better go check their facts, and remove the dupes. I thought this one was particularly hilarious:

8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

Umm... not even close. They deny more requests than they approve.

The list is not off-topic at all, if a bit dramatic and hyperbolic ... an aspect of this thread is Mr. Obama's success or failure as President and the effect on that on these supposed roving bands of black kids. Since any mention of anything to do with the President engenders the typical cavalcade of negative, misstated, dishonest crap, one sees repeated over and over, it seems fair to me to offer a wall-of-words espousing the other perspective, at least providing counterpoint.

Obama Memorandum Regarding FOIA Transparency

Information on FOIA and how to Submit a Request - White House.gov

White House Office of Science and Technology FOIA Statistics 2013

OSTP reported four key statistics for Quarter 3 of Fiscal Year 2013:

• Fifty-six (56) FOIA requests were received during the reporting period;  

• Fifty (50) requests were processed during the reporting period;  

• One (1) request was pending beyond the statutory time period for response
(“backlogged”) as of June 30, 2013; and  

• No requests are pending from Fiscal Year 2012.

OSTP reported four key statistics for Quarter 4 of Fiscal Year 2013:

• Twenty-eight (28) FOIA requests were received during the reporting period;  

• Thirty-five (35) requests were processed during the reporting period;  

• One (1) request was pending beyond the statutory time period for response
(“backlogged”) as of September 30, 2013; and  

• No requests are pending from Fiscal Year 2012.

So, only nitpicking one item out of 90, with no evidence, contributed to the thread ... how exactly?

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I agree. Media aren't showing what is really going on or how bad it is.
I am in Australia and where I am living now...I hear gun shots and police choppers regularly...it is never on mainstream news.

There are 2 choppers in my area now as I type this.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Hey I have some beachfront property. It's in Arizona. Interested?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
imo the problem seems to be a complete lack of respect for authority. Look at the video of the traffic stop in Kalamazoo MI, those people swarmed from everywhere. And just got right up in there. Not to mention seemed like an awful lot of people to be on the street in the afternoon. Maybe was a Saturday.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Bilk22

Actually, I'm looking at a bridge out there, London Bridge ... I know, crazy isn't it?

Now, if I told some folks that someday, London Bridge would be in the middle of the American desert, who would have believed it?

That's the funny thing about facts; they don't depend on whether you believe them or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When is Obama going to make me win lottery with his godly powers over everything.

Damn Republican have more faith in Obama's god powers than Democrats do

edit on 4/4/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

(post by whyamIhere removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by whyamIhere removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Blaming Obama for this is ignorant.

Inner city black youths do not get the same quality of education as everyone else. I invite anyone to speak to some of the people who grew up there. It's another world, and the typical suburbanite would not comprehend it.

Kids with no moral compass is the problem. NO apathy. NO regret. NO care for life. Whom do we blame?

Look in the mirror. Society. (All of it)

How do we fix it? ........................

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Gryphon66

Bilk22

Actually, I'm looking at a bridge out there, London Bridge ... I know, crazy isn't it?

Now, if I told some folks that someday, London Bridge would be in the middle of the American desert, who would have believed it?

That's the funny thing about facts; they don't depend on whether you believe them or not.
Does it come with beachfront property? Yeah facts are sticky things. So are false perceptions. Good lick with your bridge.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

network dude
Blaming Obama for this is ignorant.

Inner city black youths do not get the same quality of education as everyone else. I invite anyone to speak to some of the people who grew up there. It's another world, and the typical suburbanite would not comprehend it.

Kids with no moral compass is the problem. NO apathy. NO regret. NO care for life. Whom do we blame?

Look in the mirror. Society. (All of it)

How do we fix it? ........................
Look it's not the color of a person's skin that is at issue here. It's a culture of victimization that needs to be addressed and Obama has done nothing to answer to that. In fact he's furthered that mindset. He should point to himself and say "see if you do the right things in life, work hard and study, no matter where that may be, you can rise above your circumstance instead of relying upon the government for handouts." Instead he's increasing the handouts and the subsidies, to not only blacks but anyone including illegal aliens. He's fostering the problem not looking to diminish it. He's a black man that became president in this nation that so many still want to claim is racist, a nation that is more ethnically mixed than any other. That in itself is a crime of injustice.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Adding more to the education argument...

I went to a top ranking high school in my state for 3 years. It wasn't private but you had to live within the district to be able to go to it.. Which meant is was predominately white.

For my senior year I transferred to a public school where whites were the minority (not by much). The education at this public school wasn't nearly as good as my first school. Let's just say I had learned everything freshman year at my first school that they were teaching the senior year at the public high school.

However, to blame this on education is a joke. If children have the desire to learn, opportunities will be granted. While at the public school I witnessed the most outlandish things. It's no wonder their education level is so bad, THEY DONT WANT TO LEARN.

My brother went to the public school and now he has a full ride to a prestigious polytechnic university in New York.

These children are given so many extra chances, grants, scholarships, that it makes me sick people still whine about the education.

If the parents had a stronger role in disciplining and raising their children, they probably would be more focused in school.

I love how people assume the public schools are supposed to raise these kids.., uhh noo lol

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

(post by whyamIhere removed for a manners violation)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join