It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy Activities in Antofagasta (Chile) One Day Previous to Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ATS....., I'm going to need a hand with this one. I wouldn't disclose the following information if it wasn't because the event happened in public, according to my source.

I previously made a post in the Chilean Earthquake Thread :

Trueman
*** UPDATE ***

Just received an email from one of my friends in Tacna :

All the power went down during the earthquake.

Lights in the sky reported during the event. (Asking him if any transformer power grid explosion reported by authorities in the area).

Got 2 sources here, no transformer damaged. My friend's wife saw the flashes on the sky.

www.radiouno.pe...

Check the chart in next link "X" on all the column for electrical damage.

diariocorreo.pe...
edit on 2-4-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, the same friend responded to me today, he said the lights in the sky were not provoked by an electrical failure. Actually, a lot of people there (Tacna- Peru) witnessed it and the media didn't say a word about it.

Now, this is when it gets even weirder :

He made contact with some friends in Antofagasta (Chile), and they told him there where 2 U.S. Navy Ships performing activities in the north, in land. Marines where also seen in the city, performing benefic activities between the locals.

The next day after earthquake they were gone, without a trace.

Sorry if I can't offer links this time, I don't have any. Maybe some members can add more info.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Damn! When I invented that earthquake device that fit, snuggly, into the forward power magazine of that ship, I told them to not flip the "do" switch unless they really wanted to cause trouble to whomever they were visiting.

I guess some of the Chilean officials or perhaps some bar girl ticked off somebody and they had to be shown who's boss. Don't you reckon?
edit on 3-4-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sooo. Did they also power up the time machine and go back to the 16th century for the mag 8.3 back then, too? Really, it's quite a laundry list right here, they must be some busy, busy military folk.

Seriously, it's a highly seismically active region. Highly. I'm surprised you weren't rickrolled with this BS line they fed you. There may have been military in the area helping, but it's highly doubtful they zapped the plates for quake kicks. Assuming that's what you're implying.
edit on 4/3/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here's a question.
If THEY had a device that could cause earth quakes, would they use it?

The lights in the sky could be reflections of underwater explosions!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's a cool story, but I would be surprised if an investigation led anywhere. The best you could hope to find would be confirmation of US Navy operations in the area at the time, and/or more solid confirmation of the lights in the sky. Regarding the Navy, in the possibility that they were involved somehow, it probably would be for observation rather than directly instigating it. Or going even further out on that limb, assuming the ship was responsible, good luck ever getting a word out of anyone involved.

Regarding the lights in the sky - as I understand it anyways - that's theorized to be caused by magnetic disturbances, which are themselves caused by chaotic movement in the tectonic plates as a part of the earthquake process. Or if you turn that around and speculate a HAARP-like facility being involved, I really have no idea how to test such a theory. If there were a way to see if HAARP was particularly active at the time, I'm unfamiliar with it...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I made no conclusions, I didn't suggest any weapon or device neither. Only shared what I got from a personal friend in the area. He is reliable. The day of the earthquake, he had to find his way out between the swinging walls, with his 2 weeks age baby in his arms and the rest of his family.

Him, like thousands over there are going thru all the disaster and they want to know. I offered ATS a chance to bring some light in darkness moment of the people of that area.

Any bashing post, calling "BS" only can come from heartless people.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well for me your opening post is very weak. Lights in the sky but you are told they were not due to electrical issues. The person who told you that knows that how? two navy ships of the US kind doing exercises off the coast with some marine interaction in the city but after the quake they vanish without a trace. I just don't quite understand what you expect us to think. You seem to be implying that the massive earthquake was brought on by the presence of Americans. Your OP is mostly second hand news and hearsay at best.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I know it's weak. Just thought maybe someone else here can add more elements. That's all. If nothing else, at least we tried.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
But it was preceeded by the California earthquake by a couple days. So...the navy being in Chile...?

I think it had everything to do with a "ripple" effect from the first to the next down the earth and faults, and not the navy being in one of those places.

It was in two places, days apart. (And yes I know theres a huge Naval presence in Cali) so that kinda cancels all this out.

Ripple effect. Not naval.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I guess it's just waiting for the other elements then

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The ancient local gods did not like the Americans there so they chased them away.

Although I do think it is possible that science has evolved to trigger a quake, I don't think that it could make a quake from nothing. The tension would have to be there, some energy source could possibly cause a release of tension and the subsequent quake. Resonance would probably be the best bet for this, a nuclear explosion deep in a drilled hole would also work well.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Hey OP Ive lived in Colombia for almost a year and I have some classmates (natives) right now that told me yesterday as we talked about the Chilean quake about how they saw unusual lights in the sky after a major quake that hit somewhere around panama a few years ago. Crazy1!

eta: they did tellme exactly when and where it was, but alas, ive a short memory.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

That was kinda like one of those rockets that lift of and just blow up right before your eyes.

top topics

join