It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane video from legit source, skeptics please watch...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

TrueMessiah
reply to post by TruthLover557

I don't actually agree or disagree with statements anyone here has made about Greer, but I must admit the unusual aggressiveness of some of you at the mentioning of Mr. Greer has almost reached that point when I have to wonder why the force is so riled up in discrediting this man.

Exactly! That definitely raises suspicion no doubt about it. I'm starting too think that the most aggressively discredited may be on to something which the disinfo/debunk campaign may want silenced or forbidden.

Actually, serious researchers have accused Greer of being a disinfo agent tasked with making all ufologists look like con men. He has certainly poisoned the field.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

TrueMessiah

Exactly! That definitely raises suspicion no doubt about it. I'm starting too think that the most aggressively discredited may be on to something which the disinfo/debunk campaign may want silenced or forbidden.

Consensus raises suspicions?

You're probably right. Paid disinfo agents living on a conspiracy forum want him silenced before the world finds out about all the light beings flying around their porch lights and his reasonably priced tours of invisible spaceships.

I think he's still accepting donations... why not show your support?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

No the aggressiveness that's put out does.

You're right about the agents though.
It always amazes me how the monetary gain debunk tactic is always mentioned and executed but a majority of the time, the actual info itself that is in question (most of which can be found for free around the net) rarely gets questioned. lol
edit on 4-4-2014 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

Greer has done more to discredit serious UFO research than any one else I can name, and as a result I think that every word of criticism he gets is totally justified. He uses his credentials to lend credence to his methods, despite the fact that his methods are not scientific at all, his critical thinking abilities are virtually non-existant (its a MOTH Steve... a moth. God damnit).

One gets the impression, that if he spent nearly as much time in the lab, as he does in the gym, he might actually come up with something REAL, that might actually prove something to someone one day. As it is however, every time he opens his mouth, crap comes out of it, and nothing else. Just crap. If you are REALLY wondering why Greer gets a bad press, and why no topic which originates with him, and no position he has ever supported in his life will EVER get the credit it may deserve with him around, use the search function. There are countless threads on the topic of exactly how much of a total jerkburger he is, and why he is so loathed amongst serious researchers.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Double Post!
edit on 4-4-2014 by TrueBrit because: Double Post!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

My comment was not necessarily aimed at supporting Greer but was more a general assessment of what I've seen concerning other researchers.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

TrueMessiah
reply to post by TrueBrit

My comment was not necessarily aimed at supporting Greer but was more a general assessment of what I've seen concerning other researchers.

Really? ...

TrueMessiah

... That is not how your comments came across at all. Given that they spawned from a discussion, in a thread about content based on Greer's bizarre blather, and given also that the response, quoted above, was a reply to a Greer supporting post, AND given also, that the most discredited personage in the field at the moment, IS Greer himself, it is hard to interpret your comments as anything else but supportive of the Doc of Crock.

But fair enough. If that was not what you were driving at, then my mistake.

I think an open mind is crucial to scientific discovery, and I respect people who really operate solid scientific rigor in their research, and their work, alongside a creative, and unique approach to the subjects pertaining to life in the universe, its discovery, identification, and eventually, contact with it. However, Greer, make no mistake, is an agent against these things, not an advocate for them, despite the crap he spews to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

TrueMessiah

Yeah this may actually be true in some cases, but not with Dr Greer.

He wants you to think 'they' are trying to stop him, it gives him a smidgen of credibility and raises the ire of his devotees.

But in reality if you spend some time digging around on youtube and watch as many videos of him that you can find, listen to his ideas, look up his weekend retreats where you too can summon aliens with his meditation techniques, and a modest fee of several thousand dollars, etc. You will become aware of that he is a suspicious character, yes he has amassed multiple eye-witness testimony, that I do applaud, but if you look at it from a marketing prospective his tactics are genius. Maybe he started off a genuine guy and then the money and the realisation that there are legions of gullible people out there just waiting to be 'tapped' slowly changed him, it happens to the best of people.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifeishigh

Skeptic here.

Why call in the skeptics and start off with Dr.Steven Greer? *Face in palm*

Dr.Steven Greer is a highly credited ufo/et researcher as many of u already know.

I am what you call a skeptic believer. I know 100% we are not alone in the universe, that is a given. I know all to well about Dr. Greer, and new and fresh people are the targets.

Any Skeptic that done any research will know once you put up Dr. Greer as your source. You are doomed to fail from the start. Don't you know, he is a con man?
Just because he has a title of DR. MD. King of the moon, that does not make him some kind of golden UFO God and his word is to be trusted.
I do not trust him, and I won't shoot the messenger here. So I am only trying to help you out here.

If I have a theory, or a post, and LOTS of people can come in and pick it apart, it does not upset me. It only forces me back to the drawing board. As any good theory can stand up to the skeptics.

And I am sorry to say. The OP is Swiss cheese, and has to many holes to stand up to anything.

What is the point you are trying to make here?

That we are not alone in the universe?

Or that there are beings coming here to Earth, and have had a direct hand in our being here on Earth.

As I think that is the REAL question now. Not are we alone. But are they coming here? Have they been here? Did they create us, and form our societies understanding of religion? So many new questions that stem from the whole are we alone in the universe.
In this day and age, and our nuts and bolts understanding of the Earth, and solar system gives us information that makes it very obvious we are not the only planet in the whole universe with some form of life.

There are lots of people like Geer who use their titles and standing to their advantage to make more money. Makes them seem creditable. But when you dig and learn more, you will find he was not the best selection for your OP.

I would have gone with Neal Grass Tyson, or Carl Sagan. But they do not publicly announce we are not alone yet, as there is no tangible proof. Other than the deep field images and all those wonderful deep field photos.
Those photos to me are proof enough for me. Trillions upon Trillions of Galaxies, all connected into some kind of larger scale thing that we have no idea about yet. Its just another step to our full understanding of ourselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by schuyler

it will suffice to sum up your theory

Thanks for the laugh.

Have you read any of Greer's books? Have you studied what the witnesses actually said? How did they get from 70 total to "hundreds"? have you put forth any effort at all to research what Greer has said and done over the years? Can you recount the story of Mothra, whether you believe it or not? What did Greer do when he was in Israel. What medical college did he attend? Where did he do his residency? Where was his last medical job? When did he see his first UFO? In what states was he licensed to practice medicine? How did he meet and marry his wife? What is Greer specifically licensed to teach? Greer was seriously ill at least twice. What was wrong with him and how did he heal? What's an RMIT? What happened in Mexico when his group was threatened by Mexican soldiers? What's the story between Greer and the Director of the CIA? Give both sides. What does Greer say about the Phoenix Lights?

The answer is, of course, that you don't know. You don't know anything about Greer, really. And that's the problem with the Greer Fanboyz. They see a Greer video and go all ga ga over it without knowing any of the context and feel compelled to "defend" Greer without really knowing what they are defending.

There's nothing wrong with coming across Greer for the first time and being initially impressed. I was, too. I was even impressed with Billy Meier at first!
But when I came on to ATS and said, "How about that Billy Meier!" I was told, rather gently, that maybe I ought to look into it a little more deeply. I did and I found out the many problems with Meier and his cult. The people of ATS were right.

But the thing is, I didn't immediately try to defend Meier or Greer, telling people with much more experience than I had that they were wrong and their theories were "silly." And that's what you see here on this thread. People who are woefully ignorant of the Steven Greer story are arguing his merits from their position of ignorance. They know very little about Greer. They haven't read any of his books. They haven't studied the issue in any depth at all, yet they come on here and pontificate.

One-liners are no substitute for knowledge and depth of experience. It's your own reputations that are at stake here. You are known by your posts over time, and it is one line posts of no value that are the silly ones. If you have anything meaningful to contribute, please do so, but so far there is a vast wasteland coming from the Greer supporters.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If I was wearing a hat.....I'd take it off to you sir!

Very well said

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

there are accounts where objects have been filmed with state of the art equipment

Any source that shows this state of the art equipment and what they filmed?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I already made my point- you guys focus on him because the other people involved have nothing to do with his credibility. Are you saying they are all part of the hoax that's supposedly being perpetrated by Greer? the one guy was talking about the credibility vs accurate account theory but failed to mention it only takes one percent of the pretty credible witnesses to be 100% right about what they saw and then the game is over. If one shred is true then it's true, why all the diversion regarding greer when he's not the context of what the witnesses are sharing? No need to elaborate it's simple enough but some people want to muddy the waters to change the focus and turn it into a debate over Greer. Come on admit it you guys are jealous because he works out. lol

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I'm referring to some of the Disclosure Project accounts by the military guys and contractors. Not to mention the Cometa Report, Britain's files, Mexico's files. There's so much out there Greer is not the end all matter of this subject it is much bigger than him. That's why people focus on him- distraction from the real deal.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I'm referring to some of the Disclosure Project accounts by the military guys and contractors. Not to mention the Cometa Report, Britain's files, Mexico's files. There's so much out there Greer is not the end all matter of this subject it is much bigger than him. That's why people focus on him- distraction from the real deal.

You have it exactly backwards. Greer publicized these legitimate cases specifically to taint them. If you know of a case you feel to be worthy of examination, present it without reference to Greer.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm referring to some of the Disclosure Project accounts by the military guys and contractors. Not to mention the Cometa Report, Britain's files, Mexico's files.

And that shows what, because this is about Steven Greer and his video yet you seem to want to head off in another direction which is fine, but try to at least stay close to the discussion at hand.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Mexico's files.

Please tell me Jaime Maussan isn't involved with these files?

Because we all know about his credibility now don't we?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Lifeishigh

no i trust people that don't lie and use trickery to make their point.
some one who doesn't make you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and make you stay the whole time before entering a conference of theirs. some one who doesn't lock doors at lectures and refuse to let you leave until his lecture is over.
do a search it's all there. as a matter of fact here is one of his sign up letters.

GREER SELLS YOU 'THE TRUTH' - FOR ONLY A '$600 DONATION'

keep on believing this man.and when the realization comes that you have been had, remember this thread and everyone who tried to tell you.

I don't like to bash anyone that knows more on a subject than myself maybe Dr Greer has good reasons to do the things the way he does. I do like some of his information and videos.
But aside from that years ago I printed a copy of the contract to attend one of his outings and one thing that really stuck out to me was if you agreed to his terms and paid what I recall was over or close to 1,000 and one of the agreements was you could not be on any medications at all. what??? If I remember correctly did not include airfare and food.
Well aside from the money which I couldn't afford, I am on a medication I have to be on, needless to say I found the whole thing strange to say the least...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To me it seems extremely damning how Greer cuts the video feed of the "landing event". Even if the UFO was invisible, why not show a vid of someone walking through the wall and diappearing? Or the atmospheric disturbance of the landing or something.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Lifeishigh

I posted this to have a civilized discussion and more importantly to give skeptics a shot at debunking something that cannot be lol.

You debunked it yourself with the first 3 words of your opening post.

There are even hardcore u.f.o visitation believers that know Greer is not in the game for genuine reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join