It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane video from legit source, skeptics please watch...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Oh stop being so enigmatic and just say what you want me to respond to

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

A sure sign you don't want people to get to the truth

This is what you posted.

Really?

Like I said read my post again and stop being a jerk.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

greer is not the one giving the testimony. why not disprove something one of the witnesses says? when you guys fail to do that and your histrionics aimed at greer are put in the forefront it's obvious you are trying to divert attention away from the facts, none of which you have even tried to disprove. I love watching you guys flail

are you blind, are you completely inept? look at the his videos and tell me he is not presenting his info and his beliefs.
sure he lets other nut jobs that pretend to have walked around in a invisible spaceships or seen infrared/ night vision camera footage talk. that's just one of the ways he tries to look credible. that's a old flim flam mans trick.

greer are put in the forefront it's obvious you are trying to divert attention away from the facts

divert attention away from facts, what facts, so me solid proof that any of those nut jobs that claimed to have walked around in a invisible space ship did. remember that one woman said she followed him in but was standing in the circle facing the forest, how could see the forest if inside. is it invisible inside too? or is it just a translucent bubble? please there's nothing there, but a bunch of nut jobs pretending.

if he would have allowed them to film inside that might have helped some, but he wouldn't let them do it. wonder why that is? could it be that there was no ship there and he knew it and was asking them to use their minds eye and to feel the feel good enrgy, and use their emotions. or did you not see where text in the video said "It was extremely emotional" simply playing on people's feelings, wants and or needs to feel like something is real.

that's what a true flim flam man does. hey my offer that i made to the op goes for you to. the more the merrier.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifeishigh

Lifeishigh
Believe what? Honestly i can care less what he personaly says, i firmly believe we share this universe with tons of other species and perhaps share this planet.... Wont u be the one that is sorry when and i mean when not if, ufo/et info is shared to the world? And dont ask me how i know cause i wont share, just wait and see, its not to far from now

i feel it's quite safe to say that you and i will never see it. in our life time. also i never said that i don't believe in life from other worlds.
i just said that i don't believe greer and he is a con man.

And dont ask me how i know cause i wont share, just wait and see, its not to far from now

see that's no better than greer, you got to prove claims. not just make them. and you have no way to prove it other than innuendo.
that's something else flim flam men do.
edit on 3-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Instead of focusing on Greer, research the speakers instead. Ignore Greer completely even, and just focus on the people in the video, they are all reliable, even if Greer is not..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Nah, its easier to insult us duh

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Credible source..... Greer???

How did I miss this thread?

And why isn't it in the JOKE forum of BTS?

WOW... OP, you truly are funny

edit on 3/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Lifeishigh
reply to post by alienreality

Nah, its easier to insult us duh

"Us"

I'm starting to think you're another "believer".

Too bad.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'll tell you someone credible to look into if you like Greer... now his methods may seem odd but damn does he get the job done.
This man is legit.

Look him up.

Prophet Yahweh.

edit on 3/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by PhoenixOD

"Geer did this and Greer did that" what about the hundreds of witnesses?

What about them? Here's a summary list of all the witnesses in the original press conference and those also in Greer's book. It was written in a word processor, so tabs don't translate well into an ATS post. Basically we have "Category" "number" and "percent" read across left to right. What you need to pay attention to is the number of people who ACTUALLY SAW SOMETHING as opposed to hearsay evidence, and also the quality of the sighting. For example, if you think someone who saw lights in the night sky are credible, fine. Now what are you going to do with that information? What does it prove?

When you break it down a couple of things are immediately apparent. One is that that there aren't "hundreds of witnesses!" There are 70. Secondly, a little less than a third actually saw something themselves. Most of them were told stories by others.

This is taken from a much larger work in progress which details every single witness and discusses what they saw or did not see. It's much too large for a post here, but this does give you an example of what you can do if you actually read what Greer has written and analyze it, not just breathlessly repeat what you really know nothing about.

Table X: Statistical Summary
Categories Number Percent
Witnesses in the Military 43 61
Enlisted 23 33
Officer 20 28
Press Club Speakers 19 27
Saw a physical UFO 22 31
Saw lights in the sky 12 17
Saw radar blips 17 24
Saw pictures or a movie 9 12
Saw message traffic 4 6
Were told stories by others 50 71
Total 70 100%
Table X-2 (Note: Numbers are not additive because witnesses are in several categories each)

So are saying every single witness is not credible and a liar? Of course not. But what is generally the case is that the most credible witnesses saw the least and those who saw the "most" are the least credible, i.e.: those with the widest stories.

So before you go breathlessly reporting to those on ATS about how cool Greer is, you might want to read up on what he has written and what has been written about him. Try the list below. If you are unfamiliar with these works, especially those by Greer himself, my only question is why in Heaven's name do you purport to lecture the rest of this on Greer's accomplishments?

Bibliography:

Greer, Steven M. Contact; countdown to transformation; the CSETI experience, 1992-2009. Crozet, VA: Crossing Point Books, 2009, 455pp. ISBN: 978-0-967-32383-1. CCTT

Greer, Steven M. Disclosure; military and government witnesses reveal the greatest secrets in modern history, Crozet, VA: Crossing Point Books, 2001, 573pp. ISBN: 978-0-967-32381-7. DIS

Greer, Steven M. Extraterrestrial Contact; the evidence and implications. Crossing Point Books; 1999, 544pp. 978-0-967-32380-0. EC

Greer, Steven M. Hidden truth; forbidden knowledge. Afton, VA: Crossing Point Books, 2006, 325pp. ISBN: 978-0-967-32382-4. HTFK

Heard, Alex. Apocalypse pretty soon now; travels in end-time America. New York: Doubleday, 1999, 360pp. ISBN: 978-0-38549-852-7.

Heard, Alex. “Alien brothers, come on down!” Outside Magazine, Sept., 1994. 9pp. COD

Lewis, James R., ed. Encyclopedic sourcebook of UFO religions. Amherst, BY: Prometheus Books, 2003, 530pp. ISBN: 978-1-57392-964-6.

Lewis, James R., ed. The gods have landed; new religions from other worlds New York: SUNY Press, 1995, 343pp. ISBN: 9780-791-42330-1.

Ortega, Tony. “The hack and the quack,” Phoenix News Times, March 5, 1998, 17pp Found at: www.rickross.com...

Sunfellow, David. “Steven Greer BAE Controversy,” An NHNE Newsflash. June 8, 1997. Found in: www.nhne.com...

Trompf, Garry W. UFO Religions and Cargo cults in UFO Religions ed. Christopher Partrdige (2003) London/New York, Routledge ISBN 978-0-415-26324-7, pp221-238.

Worsley, Peter. The Trumpet Shall Sound; a study of “Cargo” Cults in Melanesia. London: MacGibbon & Kee, 1968, 2nd edition, 300pp.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And here's my Introduction to Greer: let's see if it fits here:

I
Introduction

Most people first encounter Steven Macon Greer, M.D. in context with a now-famous National Press Club press conference held in Washington, D.C. in May of 2001 in which he brought forward his “Disclosure Project” to the national stage, designed to break the government’s hold on UFO information. Immaculately dressed in a dark business suit and white shirt and tie, Greer presided over his witnesses, similarly dressed, as they briefly told their tales of UFO encounters and agreed to testify under oath before Congress that what they were saying was true.

It is probably the most famous publicity stunt ever done by Dr. Greer. (www.youtube.com...) It is widely posted on the Web in full and is also widely seen as the biggest meeting of “good” witnesses ever. By and large (and with some exceptions) the witnesses are not nutcases, not abductees or contactees, and not publicity seekers themselves. There were no New Agers, hippies, Trekkies in uniform, or strange people testifying at all. It was a pretty sober-looking bunch that looked very much like a Rotary Club meeting.

The memory can play tricks, and though it may seem like there were dozens and dozens of witnesses who ended their testimony with, “I will testify under oath in Congress to the truth of what I have seen,” there were only nineteen witnesses called, most of whom spoke for only a couple of minutes. This is routinely misreported as “dozens” or “over twenty” by the Disclosure Project itself. Such was not the case and is a misrepresentation of over 10%. Greer also said at the conference that he had “over 400” witness reports and that this is but a small sample.

We will return to the press conference shortly. Meanwhile, we have met Dr. Greer, and things are looking pretty good. Most people seeing it for the first time come away with a positive impression of the Disclosure Project. Articulate, conservative, well-groomed, many would say good-looking, Dr. Greer is obviously an intelligent and persuasive speaker. He talks in a deep voice with a mild southern accent. We’re not talking Alabama country here; we’re talking growing up just down the road a piece from D.C. It’s “Southern sophisticate.” He sometimes deepens it playfully, such as when he claims, “Schucks, y’all. I’m just a simple country doctor from North Carolina!” He smiles when he says it and he knows that we know that he’s just having a little fun, and we smile right along with him. He makes no mistakes in grammar; he speaks precisely. He’s very charismatic. He aspires to be a showman: Harold Hill in “The Music Man.”

Now, it’s not perfect. Being on stage, as anyone knows who has done it, can be a challenge. He’ll sometimes choke up because his life is so hard (rather affected, I’m afraid), or he’ll take the opportunity, usually twenty minutes into a speech, to proclaim it’s too hot (which it probably is), strip off his jacket, and revel in showing off his muscled torso while muttering his bench press statistics as fast as possible. And sometimes he is downright embarrassing, such as when he talks of himself as a “loco Americano” at a Spanish speech. You roll your eyes, but he’s just human. But he’s actually up on stage and you are silent and protected in the audience. There but for the Grace of God go I and all that. You forgive him. He’ll learn in time.

So it’s a bit of a shock when you visit an online forum and discover threads about Dr. Greer proclaiming him a fraud, a charlatan, a despicable human being. The vitriol coming off the posts is palpable. And just try defending him (After all, you saw the press conference and he was perfectly reasonable!) You’ll face the same treatment. How can you be so gullible? Do you have a problem with logic? Perhaps you should brush up on critical thinking skills (you moron!) Is Greer a real doctor at all? And you may come away reeling from the onslaught. You may come away defensive. But you are certain to come away thinking, “What just happened?”

What happened is that you did not understand the context. You skipped the middle. Many people will tell you that Dr. Greer was once reasonable, but somehow in later years he snapped and became unglued, just like Karl K. Korff doing decent work debunking Billy Meier, then suddenly he has an imaginary girlfriend and claims to be a Colonel in a secret Israeli intelligence agency, while, as Jim Delittoso puts it, he’s “hiding in the subways of Czechoslovakia .

Perhaps it was the cancer death of his friend! He once was found and now he’s lost, a reverse Amazing Grace. He’s still articulate, but now he’s just plain nuts, fleecing the gullible in the process. It’s cognitive dissonance at work. You have to explain the precision-engineered 2001 press conference with the absolute weirdness you see today. That must be the explanation.

Except that it is not. Greer did not change his stripes. He’s always been the way he is; he just didn’t tell you. In fact, he kept it back a good long while because (and he’s said this) it would “strain credulity.” (citation needed from video) He did not simply become a doctor and develop an interest in aliens; and yes, he is a real doctor. That’s not as fair criticism, but simply ignorant speculation. He’s been an “experiencer,” to use a popular term, since his teenage years. He saw his first UFO at age ten, or maybe it was eight or nine. He developed “protocols” for calling UFOs when he was eighteen.

That’s why this work is entitled, “Greer in Context.” It attempts to put his work in perspective. It is not intended to be a “Get Greer!” polemic. It does not attempt to catch Greer in a “gotcha!” moment in an attempt at discrediting him. We’re not going to be calling him an outright charlatan like so many have. We’ll just present what he says and let you make the decision. And, yes, some of it is kind of strange.

Having said that, this is also not an Apologia. After all, I’m the guy who first associated the term “Mothra” with Greer’s “angelic light being” that turned out to be a common woodland moth. (I’m guessing this was not his doing, but that of an enthusiastic acolyte with access to his web site.) I’ve made my share of fun of Dr. Greer. I’ve pointed out some of the abject absurdities associated with what I believe is a Cargo Cult, a subject we will explore in depth later on. I’ve led a couple of charges at Fortress Greer, joined my voice with the masses, and yelled my insults to the heavens, Joshua at Jericho.

However, I have also come to believe that the issues raised deserve more contemplation than simply trading insults across internet posts. These are ultimately forgettable, pass below the fold, and soon enter oblivion. They may be in the Akashic Records, but in terms of the Internet, they just remain a battle to be fought again and again with endless repetition. Frankly, it’s tiring. You never get anywhere lasting.

Ultimately this is a matter of belief. I believe Greer believes. Greer is not a guy who is being intentionally fraudulent counting his money in his basement laughing at the credulity of his followers. He’s not above feathering his own nest, but neither am I. The drive to gain a hearth and home is a large one, and I’m not sure that condemns a man for trying. After all, I did it. I manipulated my environment to provide my family and me with a secure home to ensure I was not dependent on others. I don’t begrudge him for making a living as he pursues what is important to him. When people say, “He wrote a book for which he gets money, therefore he is a charlatan.” I think that is faulty logic.

If you want to know the truth, books don’t make much money—especially UFO books. The market isn’t there. If you add up the royalties and figure in the time spent getting the thing written and published, an author makes less than $2.00 an hour. I know. I’ve written five on another obscure subject, but the same rule applies. It’s not enough to live on. McDonalds would pay more. So let’s stop with the “books=profit” meme. It isn’t true.

But by suggesting Dr. Greer is a “believer,” it does not follow that anyone is compelled to believe as he does. Some people believe Jesus Christ is their personal Savior who died to cover their sins. I don’t know why they do, but there is no doubt that they do. My basic premise is that Dr. Greer , and the entire Exopolitics movement, is a Cargo Cult, just like Christianity once was and largely still is. It feeds into a basic desire that humans seem to have, and it cannot be understood except in context.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

never said anything about how cool greer is and your whitewash "more credible=didn't see anything vs less credible=saw a lot" theory is silly

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

i'm not talking about the video I'm talking about the disclosure project. other people understood that, you must be slow

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

you said "bee in a bonnet" good point

and p.s. thanks for proving my "you are being enigmatic" point
edit on 3-4-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Dr Steven Greer is a moron. HE makes stuff up and presents it in a way it looks like he has some knowledge. The guy is like Alex Jones. Some parts may be based in obvious truth but the rest is for publicity.

HE is one step above those idiots who present that 9/11 stuff Dylan and whoever. All a bunch of people with no clue as to what they are doing. Misguided even though intentions may be good!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

never said anything about how cool greer is and your whitewash "more credible=didn't see anything vs less credible=saw a lot" theory is silly

Is that the best you can do?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You stated that Stephen Greer was an important person in the founding of SETI (The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence). I highly doubt that this is possible.

Although there had been an ongoing search for intelligent signals from early in the century (1924), the first "official" conference of SETI occurred at Green Bank, Virginia in November 1961. The attendees of the conference were: Peter Pearman, Frank Drake, Philip Morrison, Dana Atchley, Melvin Calvin, Su-Shu Huang, John C. Lilly, Barney Oliver, Carl Sagan and Otto Struve.

Stephen Macon Greer was absent because he was 6 years old and not a renowned scientist like most of the other attendees.

On August 15, 1977, Jerry Erhman, working as a volunteer for Ohio State Univeristy's SETI project, recorded the now famous "Wow" signal, which really brought the whole thing into public and scientific focus and several projects rolled out across the world (but primarily in the USSR) over the next few years.

In 1982, Carl Sagan's persuasiveness restarted funding of NASA's SETI after it had been cancelled for a year. Funding was again cancelled after running for only a year but the project was kept going by private funding of "The SETI Institute", run by Jill Tarter.

At that time ('82) Stephen M. Greer was 27 and attending East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine where he was studying the be a GP. He does not seem to be associated with anything in astronomy at that time.

As well as the SETI Institute, there was another public group, funded in 1994, that focussed on radiotelescope hardware for amateur astronomers, called "The SETI League" (they repurposed sattelite TV dishes as radiotelescopes).

The SETI@Home software was initiated in May 1999 and was one of the first distributed computing projects. It analyzed data from the Aricebo and SERENDIP IV radiotelescopes.

Steven M. Greer's CSETI (Center for the Study of Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) was founded in 1990 and has no association with the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence and its offshoot organizations. CSETI had no connection to radio astronomy.

edit on 3/4/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

it will suffice to sum up your theory

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
then there is his light beings.

Even funnier than the "light being" that Greer posted is his "alien" that turned out to be a cactus....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If we cannot see it how can he see it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join