It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening Third Eye

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have some questions about the opening of the third eye because I'm thinking of going through with it but I have a couple of questions first

1. With the third eye opened will i see ghosts all the time and be scared because I'm normally the one which says what happens if i do this or say this wrong like I wish to see evil when its opened but I don't really its just a thought I have , will I see it
2. Moving objects with the mind , will I ever be able to achieve that
3. What are some things you can do with the third eye

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

No offense but I think you may have the wrong idea of what the opening of the third eye accomplishes...
But you are in the right place to get the info. Good luck

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Opening the third eye? Just go sit on the bog.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water.
After enlightenment chop wood, carry water.
youtu.be...
edit on 3-4-2014 by rudeboyrave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

1 -- Almost certainly no. There are very rare occasions when someone who is not ready / prepared manages to open the anja chakra and suffers drastically. This is the case with all kundalini experiences (opening the third eye is a type of Kundalini experience). In the overwhelming majority of cases though, they simply fail to open it, and either delude themselves that they have, or think the whole things nonsense because nothing's happened. If you do suffer a bad kundalini reaction, visit a Reichan therapist or advanced yogi.

2 -- That's unlikely. But different people manifest different siddhas (powers). So who knows? Generally, the anja chakra relates to perception of reality as it truly is (which can be a traumatic experience in its own right), and one's ability to master the path of mysticism. It often leads to advanced psychical faculties and greater clarity of thought.

3 -- the opening of the 3rd eye is the advent of the highest level of adept hood. It is the dissolution of duality, and the unveiling of the true nature of reality. Once the third eye is open, you can see it all -- there's nothing left, spiritually, that is hidden from you.

All that said, how much preparation have you done? The opening of the anja chakra (activation is a better word) is an enormous achievement. It is analogous to that supreme accomplishment on the magical path in the western system known as the crossing of the abyss. The percentage of people who have actually managed to open their third eye successfully and achieve the union of Siva and Sakti (or the grade of Magister Templi, master of the temple, in the west) is in the order of 0.00000000000something.

Far more common is people playing around with meditation, visualisation and noises and managing a 'little psychic flutter' that they mistake for success. To really master the anja chakra involves the death of the 'self' (the false ego), confrontation with the shadow self and the destruction of the world. It is gruelling and nothing to underestimate, in any system from any place.

To be clear, successfully opening your third eye would make you a kind of junior deity stuck in flesh.

Perhaps you are there, only you could know that. But I mention all of this because New Age pseudo-mysticism has given a lot of people quite erroneous ideas about the opening of the third eye. Of course, there's nothing wrong with doing those things, or even calling them the 'opening of the third eye', but people should be clear that they aren't talking about the same thing that the great mystics, adepts and magicians of the past were.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

Funny and yet accurate. I like it. You deserve more stars, grasshopper.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorFaustus

Apologies, that should be 'siddhis' not 'siddhas'. Typing quick, similar words.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

I have some questions about the opening of the third eye because I'm thinking of going through with it but I have a couple of questions first -

I am curious about how you were planning on getting that third eye opened, do you have acces to a tried and tested method of some sort?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

Right on.

As above, so below

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sometimes, opening of the third eye is just metaphorical for changing your perception on life. A sort of acceptance mindset. "Go with the flow" - "Be Here Now"

But, the pineal gland is often called the 3rd eye. Because, it is the second to the top chakra.

Do your research, if you are not physiologically, psychologically, even physically ready, the process of kundalini awakening can have alot of negative symptoms.
If you have not even heard of the whole idea of the kundalini, then alot of research is needed.

IMO-
Opening the "third eye" shouldn't be the "goal". One must open and work on ones chakras from bottom to top. Most people strive to get the third eye opened first and that can cause...

Kundalini Syndrome

Please research everything about: Kundalini awakening, spiritual emergency, kundalini syndrome, spiritual psychosis, kundalini psychosis.

As for "powers", no, not in the way you perceive them.

Jesus said "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done."

The Zen outlook of this quote is that, once you have had rid yourselves of the desires, and you are one with God, Creator, Krnsa, whatever. Then the actual desire to move the mountain is gone, therefore you accept where the mountain is and it is if you have placed it there. Because, you are one with God.

If you consider that moving objects, then okay.

The actual desire to open the third eye is a problem in itself.

Please research, once the kundalini is awakened, its a process that you can't reverse.

Farewell
-Seth

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

droxs
I have some questions about the opening of the third eye because I'm thinking of going through with it but I have a couple of questions first

1. With the third eye opened will i see ghosts all the time and be scared because I'm normally the one which says what happens if i do this or say this wrong like I wish to see evil when its opened but I don't really its just a thought I have , will I see it
2. Moving objects with the mind , will I ever be able to achieve that
3. What are some things you can do with the third eye

Hi drox,

This is all my own opinion, based on my own experiences.

What is your interest in "the third eye" ?
From your questions it sounds like you are just kind of experimenting?
I don't see anything wrong with that, however, I should let you know that being more aware IE, opening the third eye, takes time. There is no fast track, no matter what anyone says, it takes a while.

Answers to your questions as I see them:

1:It is possible to see spirits while more aware, however,
that all depends on what your soul & higher self or the creator or god,
or however your mind will explore the 6th sense, leads you to do.
It generally is not up to you what you will experience for the most part.
At least not on a conscious level,
usually the sub-conscious does most of the work as this is tied into the whole experience.

On seeing evil and good, umm, that does depend on you and what you fill yourself with. As a general rule, what you put out, is what comes back to you. So fill your life with as many positives as you can and try to see the glass as half full instead of half empty. Attitude really is important. Shake off the negative thoughts as best you can when they happen and send yourself just the opposite mentally. Purposely put a happy thought where the negative one is to over ride it.

Also read up on forms of protection,because when you do start to open up, you want to make sure it is as positive of an experience as possible. There are experiences that will scare the crap out of you, but as long as you are somewhat on guard and prepared, you should be able to shake off a negative experience, and yes, they do happen, so just know that you should look into something that follows your own belief system for a form of protection. It works much better if you are already a believer in things like prayer and put it into action instead of following something you don't believe just because someone says it works better. You should go with what your own belief system is.

2:I have had great success with many things, moving objects with the mind is not one of them. I honestly doubt personally that it can be done, however, anything is possible. I am just skeptical if I cannot experience it for myself, and I recommend people do the same. Also, what good is moving a pencil across a table? Maybe a neat trick, but it has no value. IMO

3:Now, the third eye, 6th sense, psychic abilities, being a sensitive....these are the same thing, just a different label for it depending on what cultural aspect one is coming from, and what one intends to do with it. When one gets it, and can use it, the possibilities are endless,it all depends on what your specialty is or what you are driven to do.

You could end up being anything from a healer to a medium.
You could also end up crazy,
so be careful

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

How would one go to opening it though? I too am curious in this area and haven't really found anything set on how one is to do it. Even when it comes to opening chacras. If anyone could post something, or a link leading in this subject I'm sure I, and anyone curious in the subject would appreciate it. Anyway, from what I know, I don't think you would be able to move things with your mind with opening of the third eye. I don't have a lot of experience, but from what I HAVE read, I have not heard anything like that. . . I could be wrong though. I want to learn more, and learn how.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fgiordano

Then you havent read enough on it. Because the way you refer to it...the more you show you have no idea what it is, does, or why it should matter to you.

Read more. Youre clueless on its meaning. Then you may not even want to ...its not what youre thinking it is.......

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Opening your third eye is more along the lines of finding and realizing what has been open all along, it doesn't give you super powers or anything like that, it just gives you a greater understanding of yourself and the YOUniverse around you.

The third eye is where the light is, once you find the light it is "opened", a.k.a. recognized. Where is your light? Can you see it? I can.

It's right in front of you, the key is in recognizing that it has always been there in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There are numerous "open your third eye in 15 minutes" videos on youtube. This is the problem!
It takes much practice to gain mindfulness, although some guided meditation certainly wont hurt
if you are a beginner to the spiritual world.

Start with learning basic sitting meditation. Breathing, mindfulness and try to absorb the knowledge of the past. 30 minutes in the morning and or 30 mins at night or even 2 15 minute sessions would get you started.

Become aware of your awareness and enjoy it, process it, question it and rely on it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

rudeboyrave
There are numerous "open your third eye in 15 minutes" videos on youtube. This is the problem!
Very true. There is never a "15 minute guide" to any sort of enlightenment. I was personally able to achieve a lot with meditation, chakras including the third eye, etc when I gave up the purported psychic abilities and other sci-fi ideas and just took it easy. Meditation is both so simple and so complex - using a 15 minute youtube video to achieve "superior" meditation results is completely a Western invention. Just relax and go inside yourself. No handbook required.

Also take with a grain of salt any information that comes from a self-proclaimed "guru" who stands to profit from their techniques. You contain everything you need to achieve the consciousness you seek.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Quick question,
Is there a link to third eye open and sleep paralysis?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If serious, start meditating. Then work on your chakras and aura. Yes you can empower your pineal gland and develop and enhance your psychic centers.

I like to keep my 3rd eye open at about the size of a pin head. If I focus on it while eyes open, I will get this superimposed imagery of geometric designs, colors, shadows etc. I use to see entities and spirits at first and it was very traumatic because mentally I wasn't prepared. I had to learn how to program myself to block or tune out the new sense I had.

I then had a Kundalini Rising and was more able to communicate with them you might say. Its an adjustment you have to make because kundalini is animalistic and has a mind of it's own, plus your ego expands so you basically think your a god. Grounding and centering yourself is crucial, because you're sorta temporarily insane. Your essence or soul will make adjustments overtime, but its a journey not a destination.

It's not a toy, but it is a gift that comes with a lot of responsibility and understanding. And there is no master or guru, anyone very experienced with this kind of stuff will acknowledge you as the teacher and they the student. Don't be fooled by anyone that proclaims themselves as anything, especially when money is involved. One message I got right before I had my first rising was not to use this for money.

GL

Knowledge is Power, Experience comes with time, Wisdom is a combination of the two.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

I activated my pineal gland about three years ago accidentally during meditation,I used tritaka,without knowing it was tritaka as the technique didn't have a title in the book I was reading

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The pineal gland is responsible for the regulation of sleep, when you "tamper" with it by experimentation, basically what can happen is that you might trick your body into thinking that you are really asleep when you are wide awake, when this happens, your "dreams" start to filter into your consciousness, and you start to have hallucinations - what is happening is that the "dreaming mind" is crossing over to the waking consciousness. Many people whom experience psychosis have such an issue, and some might think that experiencing vivid waking hallucinations is a spiritual experience.
edit on 12-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join