It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venetian Snares Tracks Are Hidden Gems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't know how many people here on ATS know who Venetian Snares is. I'd say there are more from Europe who know who he is than, say, North America. Venetian Snares is a breakcore artist. Breakcore is like a mixture of drum and bass (or jungle) and hardcore techno (or hard-pounding techno). I think that he is a master at what he does. I truly think that if his sub-genre of music were popular, he'd be pretty close to reaching a Kurt Cobain level of popularity, especially among music critics. That's just my opinion. I can already feel the ridicule, by the way, for saying that.

Here are two tracks that I like, but in reality, I haven't met a Venetian Snares song I didn't like. I think that he's far ahead of anybody in his sub-genre. The first one is Ultraviolent Junglist. A junglist is someone who likes jungle, which is usually said to be the old form of drum and bass. Some people say it's dead but, trust me, it's alive!! It's a sub-genre of electronic music. The second one is Aaron 2. I think that it's a description of the artist coming into making the music he makes. I'm pretty sure of this because Venetian Snares's real name is Aaron Funke, silly. Well, anyway...here's the music. And trust me, the second one is just as good as the first one.

By the way, if anyone happens to know where I could score some free software to make this kind of music, but with analog instruments, I'd be more than grateful (Either hit me up here or U2U me). All I have is Reaktor 5. Enjoy the music.

Note: Be careful about posting Venetian Snares tracks. Some of the track names and such are not age appropriate. It's better to be safe than banned.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Thanks! I am really diggin' him, reminds me of a dirtier Aphex Twin (from what i've listened to). Really appreciate it!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've never heard of them before I came across this.

I know a guy that does this kinda stuff ill see if he knows some software to recommend.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

I recommend allll of his albums!! Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding is a good album (it doesn't have his trademark humor, but it's very abstract). He has some really dark albums that are like the music versions of Horror movies. He was making like a million albums a year at one point, so you'd have a lot to choose from (I would assume that he still creates albums). His sense of humor is absolutely iconic. Even his dark albums hold his sense of humor, but not all do, as mentioned. Youtube has almost all of his albums. For a while I was toying with giving Pandora a break, and just listening to Venetian Snares tracks on Youtube since there is such a variety there.

I like Aphex Twin a lot. But to be honest with you, I think that he makes Aphex Twin look like an amateur. And that's that Aphex Twin is famous for his sense of humor as well. But on the other hand, Venetian Snares is mostly limited to one sub-genre, and Aphex Twin spans the gamut of different sub-genres of electronic. But I'd have to say, I cut my teeth on Aphex Twin. If you like Aphex Twin, I recommend the Ventolin EP. I lost my Ventolin CD!! Shucks.

I'd have to say that if I met someone that didn't like a Venetian Snares track, I'd declare that they've never heard his music, or that they're from a universe exactly opposite my own. We might not even be the same species. Lol.
edit on 4-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by magnum1188

No pressure. I've been taking a break from making music for many moons. I just want to have it right there when I'm ready to make it again. Thanks!

top topics

join