It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New movie where they move objects with her mind and can't feel pain and other discomforts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The new movie is called Lucy
It looks a lot like Limitless which is also one of my favourite movies . Trailer was realsed just a day ago and it seems pretty cool.
Its Set in a futuristic world that is run by the mob, street gangs, drug addicts and corrupted cops, Lucy who is played by Scarlett Johansson, a woman living in Taipei, Taiwan, 2069 AD, works as a drug mule for the mob. The drug she inadvertently takes goes into her system, changing her into a metahuman. She can absorb knowledge instantaneously, is able to move objects with her mind and can't feel pain and other discomforts.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

That looks pretty bad ass, I'm definitely going to watch it! I probably would have gone to watch it just because of Scarlet, but the story seems pretty wicked, Thanks for posting this

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

There was a lot of comments on Youtube on how people had hoped this is what the sequel to Bradley Cooper's Limitless would look like, but first impressions seem like the producers placed their chips on the special effects rather than any genuine story telling. Unlock 100% of the brain = the struggle to come to grips with a world stripped down to its underwear and the power to change it. "What if you woke up one day and you were God?" A different struggle, but one that's been told before. The Amazing Spiderman, Limitless, Superman, Chronicle, etc. One day the world changes and you change with it, two polar forces exploring their violent relationship. I guess we'll see if it goes any deeper than the cliche theme presented in the trailer.

I know one thing - I'll definitely be seeing this movie. Even if it is half cliche and half CGI.
edit on 3-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's said that everything you see in movies has been tried, or will be tried. With Limitless, and now this movie, I wonder if there's really a drug out there that unlocks the brains full potential. That's a pretty scary thought if it's in the wrong hands.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

sounds like a derivation of x men which as a derivation of other superhero/power movies before that going back as long as there was film history. Another rehashed story, another miscast primadonna.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

Limitless is what popped into both my fiance and my heads when we watched this trailer earlier today, lol. Looks to be based off of the whole transhumanism/human potential movement stuff. There's been quite a few tv shows and movies touching on those subjects over the last few years. The one issue that I have with the entire movie is the whole 10% of the brain thing. If we only used 10% of the brain, then we'd be dead because all of those autonomic processes that are going on in the background of active thought would be shut down.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

There is a few tv programs documentaries of people suffering a birth genetic disorder where their brain has been malformed and only 10% of it is physically there. You should be able to find these docs with a bit of googling. These afflicted people appeared completely normally there whole life and the problem was only picked up by accident where they had a cranium scan in response to another incident. For normal functioning it appears we only need 10%.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

It's really dependent on how the malformation comes about. Overall, the brain itself is an amazing organ. I, myself, suffered a series of TIAs which damaged the "language centers" of the brain, resulting in profound aphasia and slurring. These days, nobody really knows that I have tiny pockets of brain damage from what happened because it's not usually overt in my speech. Brain just kind of rerouted things. In that kind of case, it's called neuroplasticity. It's how that little girl who had half her brain removed seemed just like a normal cute little girl. It doesn't always work out that way. I do have a cousin who was born with her brain outside of her head and had to have it removed. She's still wearing diapers last I heard and she'd be in her 30's.

There is some amount of redundancy within the human brain that basically assists it in possibly rerouting from damaged areas to remap the brain. However, damage in just a small portion of the brain, like through stroke, can cause sizable damage to an individual's abilities. If we only used that 10% of our brains, then having a stroke wouldn't create such problems. Heck, one can also look at lobotomy history where they were simply inserting what technically looked like an icepick into a small region of the brain. Major consequences from such a procedure which don't make sense if we only used that 10%.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I liked Limitless.

Wish there was a drug actually like that.

I will checkout 'Lucy'.

top topics

join