It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer is Coming!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Not long now. Season 4 of Game of Thrones on HBO.

So, What do you suspect this season will hold
(No book readers! No Spoilers!!!)

Anyone not caught up to season 3, well, lets assume there will be some spoilers, so just watch em already. Some of the best writing I have ever come across. Powerful acting, good special effects (not overused either)

____
So, here is my general speculative theme. I think the dang dragons still won't make it to Westeros...but will be now hard to control (ok, got that tidbit from the season premere trailers..big and a bit chaotic now).
I think it will focus on personal stories now moreso than the greater war...since the war effort has been dealt a smack, a decision will have to be made for the north...back the barathions, or just give up and stop fighting the throne...it will however strengthen the war effort of Stannis..he is bound to gain from the chaos I would think.

Some unconventional speculation:
Aria will become a full ninja
Sansa will cry and carry on more
Tyrion will continue drinking and whoring, Also, he is gonna have a rough season
Tyrions whore will push up daisys
Robert Baratheon will still be dead, and still a hero to drunken yobs everywhere.
Joffrey will still need to get hurt bad..and wont..not enough..never enough!
Jamie and Cersei will still do sibling stuff that would make a roman royal family raise an eyebrow
Hodor will Hodor
Samwell will help Frodo carry the ring. Also, he is currently the only badass in the whole world considering he killed the whitewalker..so suck it!
Daenerys will continue being the center focus on all young mens inappropriate dreams (young men being anyone under 85)
Joffery won't be slowly tortured to death...just felt the need to say this again..how very disappointing

Now for your listening pleasure:

So, what do you think is in store (the crazier the better)
NO SPOILERS BOOKWORMS!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hi Saturn!

Yay! It starts this Sunday evening!
I think that Daenerys will sit on the iron throne! (Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part?)
I also think that Tyrion might try to get Sansa back with her remaining family...?
Aria will kill people....the red witch said so, remember?
And Joffrey....well, I'm hoping he gets what he deserves, lol.

That's all I've got!
jacygirl

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

jacygirl

Hi Saturn!

Yay! It starts this Sunday evening!
I think that Daenerys will sit on the iron throne! (Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part?)
I also think that Tyrion might try to get Sansa back with her remaining family...?
Aria will kill people....the red witch said so, remember?
And Joffrey....well, I'm hoping he gets what he deserves, lol.

That's all I've got!
jacygirl

Iron throne? sure, but I wouldn't think this coming season...eventually. actually, I think that may be the very last scene of the series...so perhaps not for awhile.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I've already declared Sunday..Game of Thrones day, in my home. It's not officially Spring until the new season starts.

Don't come knocking on my door Sunday evening, don't call nor expect a return call from me.

I'm a huge fan of Dragons. I can't wait to see if the bonding between Daenerys and her now very large babies, is a strong bond that she controls, or if their dragon nature over rides her control.

I have my popcorn ready, box of tissue if needed, and plush toys to throw at my tv screen when Joffrey appears.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hey Des!
I love dragons too! I really hope that they stay loyal to her, she deserves that!
Sunday is going to be the same around here...I even wrote "GOT" on the calendar, so I don't forget (lol).
I now refer to Joffrey as "little puke"....hehe....
I'm really hoping that none of my favourite characters get killed off. There sure have been some horrific surprises.

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Destinyone

I've already declared Sunday..Game of Thrones day, in my home. It's not officially Spring until the new season starts.

Don't come knocking on my door Sunday evening, don't call nor expect a return call from me.

I'm a huge fan of Dragons. I can't wait to see if the bonding between Daenerys and her now very large babies, is a strong bond that she controls, or if their dragon nature over rides her control.

I have my popcorn ready, box of tissue if needed, and plush toys to throw at my tv screen when Joffrey appears.

Des

I think it sort of has to be for her to have any street cred in Westeros. What was it...one of the Targarians rode on the back of one of the dragons they owned. I suspect one or two of them may be killed off over time..maybe too wild to tame, but she needs to be able to fly at least one of them eventually.
God I hope they don't make that look cheesy. Such effects can go one way or the other. So far, even with all the magic and mythos, they haven't made it look stupid..but things are ever increasing and the potential for shark jumping increases with each season and effect.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There are all kinds of spoilers listed online for this season...I refuse to click on any link that may be a spoiler.

I want the full visual impact of each episode undiluted by spoilers. I'm so excited, and it's only Thursday...oh my...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

For you Jacy...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Destinyone

There are all kinds of spoilers listed online for this season...I refuse to click on any link that may be a spoiler.

I want the full visual impact of each episode undiluted by spoilers. I'm so excited, and it's only Thursday...oh my...

Des

I know...been trying to keep out of the line of sight for spoilers also.
Like when they were showing Tyrion being hung on the gallows...I didn't need to see that

kidding btw

(or am I!)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh thank you! That is magnificent!!
Aren't they just such beautiful creatures? I want one!

I think if they do eventually show Daenerys riding one of her dragons, I will cry. I'm sure it won't be cheesy, the effects so far have been pretty awesome.

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Throws plush toy at Saturn...

J/K...or am I..

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

jacygirl
I think if they do eventually show Daenerys riding one of her dragons, I will cry. I'm sure it won't be cheesy, the effects so far have been pretty awesome.

jacygirl

I just hope they look fearsome...I worry about todays media.

edit on 3-4-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I hope they look fearsome, yet regal too, Saturn.

Goddess save us from a politically correct media when it comes to portraying dragons.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

hahahaha...yeah, I know....even some of the zombies in World War Z were kind of cute, lol.
So far the dragons have looked pretty cool in the show though.
I loved it when she said "Drakar" (is that right?) and the dragon flamed the idiot that sold her the 'unsullied'. My favourite scene, or one of them!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

LOL...I watched that whole series, and the movies. I can't ignore anything with dragon in the title.

That looked like a fuzzy warm friendly plush salamander to me...not a dragon...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Awesome show... hooked bad... but I read, too... so I have the answers but won't spill them.

But the show is nearing where the books end... and then it's anyone's guess. George Martin is getting on in years ... I sure hope he told someone who he was putting on the Iron Throne, otherwise we'll be s.o.o.l. with wrapping up the Westeros saga if he succumbs to time or a car accident.

But man, the casting and sets are good... I wouldn't go so far as to call it great art, but it's the most entertaining TV I've seen in a while... and heck, it does the books justice which is rare in lit to screen endeavors.

The Imp rules...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My god I'm excited for this Season.... Been trying to not watch trailers or read anything

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hmmm... I guess I crashed the party, uninvited, drank too much and didn't notice the the toilet paper trailing from my shoes or the cold stares.

I don't put stock in stars and such, unless I'm having a particularly poor day regarding confidence, but I guess the stark lack of the seeming obligatory star for posting from the OP speaks a thousand words...

So sorry Saturn, sir, for intruding on your GOT thread... and I get the message! (slips off to cut wrists in a warm bath)

Unless it was because nobody likes The Imp?

That's okay... dogmas always pay their debts.

ETA oh and it occurs to me to say "kidding" in case there's some question... and I realize I forgot to star the OP... heh.

Still, great show! And you folks who haven't read the books are in for a ride!
edit on 4/4/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
SPOILER !

What an episode!

WHAT AN EPISODE !

Of all the people who 'deserved' to die !

Joffery most certainly did.

Karmic JUSTICE !

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I jumped up and cheered! He deserved it . Oh...he so deserved it.

It was a game changer I didn't expect this early on. Now, I'm worried for some of my favorite characters.

Des

top topics

<<   2 >>

join