It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas couple claims to have caught a live ‘chupacabra’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

Yes, that's a raccoon, many get claimed as Chupacabras at first.

Ignore the news article/s on this one!- see source for the following;

“I hunted coons for 20 years with dogs and I ain’t ever seen anything that looks like that right there,” Ratcliffe resident Arlen Parma said.

Twenty years but claim that? April Fools is over!

“A coon doesn’t make that noise, or a opossum. What makes that noise? I guess a Chupacabra does,” Parma said. Most people in the area are convinced this is the elusive Chupacabra but what do wildlife experts have to say?

Because anyone knows what a Chupacabra sounds like?

“The animal in the cage as best I can tell from the view is some sort of a small canine,” Brent Ortego said, Wildlife Diversity Biologist with Texas Parks and Wildlife.

A biologist really said that? Hardly a canine, most people, can tell that.

Anyone found a clip of the claimed growl, if exists, from these people?

Must be Chupacabras!

edit on 3-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Got really excited at first but, at second look, this does unfortunately look like a hairless raccoon.

It doesn't really match this legit carcass found in 2007 i think, also in texas, but similar looking. she has the carcass below preserved through taxidermy and on display in texas currently...

Texas woman captures deceased "texas blue dog/chupacabra"

Canion picked up the unknown creature off the side of a road near her ranch in Cuero, Texas, back in 2007, at a time when she had been trying to figure out what was killing chickens on her ranch. "Each time we found a chicken dead, it was opened up ... in its throat area," she says on "The Unexplained Files," a Science Channel series debuting Aug. 28. "It appeared that all the blood was out of it." Twenty-eight chickens were lost before she found the dead carcass. It was unlike any animal she'd had ever seen before. It weighed about 40 pounds with steel blue eyes, a snout with an overbite, and strange skin closer to an elephant's epidermis than the hair associated with canines like wolves or coyotes.

what they have there doesn't really match the aforementioned carcass found in texas. steel blue eyes, elephant like skin and other differences in the ears, hind quarters etc...
edit on 3-4-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't care what it is...It's cool. I'm sending away for one!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

99.9% sure that's a hairless coon. The posture and movement is dead on.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

Now, that looks more like it... but it's probably just some mangey old dog.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

That is,nt really true:The Florida panther is an endangered subspecies of cougar (Puma concolor) that lives in forests and swamps of southern Florida in the United States. Its current taxonomic status (Puma concolor coryi or Puma concolor couguar) is unresolved, but recent genetic research alone does not alter the legal conservation status. This species is also known as the cougar, mountain lion, puma, and catamount; but in the southeastern United States and particularly Florida, it is exclusively known as the panther. Florida Panthers are usually found in pinelands, hardwood hammocks, and mix swamp forests.

Males can weigh up to 160 pounds (73 kg)[3] and live within a range that includes the Big Cypress National Preserve, Everglades National Park, and the Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge.[4] This population, the only unequivocal cougar representative in the eastern United States, currently occupies 5% of its historic range. In the 1970s, there were an estimated 20 Florida panthers in the wild, and their numbers have increased to an estimated 100 to 160 as of 2011.[5] In 2013, it was reported that there are only 160 Florida panthers in the wild.[6]

In 1982, the Florida panther was chosen as the Florida state animal.[7]

I wont bore you with additional citations but cougars have odd color variants in the NW as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yup, coon. The way it sits back on its haunches and the eating with the hands. I have raccoons in my backyard and they'll hiss like that when they're threatened.

Poor thing. I wonder how the mange got that bad though? Seems like it should have a bit of fur left on it. Even the tail is bald.

Maybe we should wonder less what it is, and more how it got that way.

In other news, is everyone in the south that braindead? Yee gawds.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Jaellma

Meh! Nuthin but a wild dog with serious mange.

It's the first "dog" I've ever seen that picks up it's food with it's paws and then eats.. So it isn't a dog...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

These Texas Dog Mutations, ain`t no Chupacabras.
In my view these things (Link) are the only ones that are the real deal!
Chupacabra

edit on 3/4/14 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/4/14 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Are you guys kidding me? That's a very obvious raccoon, especially the part of the video where you see it eating with its hands. At my old house I'd go out on the deck at night and wild raccoons would come right up and eat the cat food right next to my feet, so I know what raccoons look like.
edit on 4/3/2014 by trollz because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Hairless raccoon. This was brought to my attention, I went and did a lot of looking up of hairless racoons, and looking up sounds of different critters.... It sure fits a raccoon with mange or another reason for loosing its hair.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sorry, our family have been shaving coons and setting free since grampa was a kid.
Sorry if it caused any trouble...
edit on 4/3/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Saw something on something similar. H2 I think. Apparently what was captured/shot previously (almost identical to this) was a cross between coyote and Mexican Red Wolf. DNA tests demonstrated this.

That cross in and of itself is extremely odd and a very intriguing mystery. The scientists who did the tests could still not explain why many individuals in this population are hairless. There were no known Mexican Red Wolves (very rare themselves) in the area. On and on.

Of course there were tons of 'experts' who could not be bothered with DNA tests (ppffffff....). Obviously it is a coyote with mange/dog with mange/hairless dog/misidentified sighting/swamp gas/blahblahblah.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

It's the first "dog" I've ever seen that picks up it's food with it's paws and then eats.. So it isn't a dog...

Obviously it's a Squirrel Terrier.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
apparently, the name for the mangy, bald raccoon is "chupacabra"

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Especially with the way it was eating when in the cage. Looks very similar to the way a raccoon eats.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I dunno what it is, but the poor animal looked terrified on the video I saw of it. And that trap is way too small for it to be in long term. I hope they just let it go before it gets dependant on them or hurts itself.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That poor baby! Clearly a very frightened creature, looks like either some kind of marsupial or hairless raccoon. I hope they let it go, but no doubt the poor thing will just be caged until it dies and then stuffed. It is awful how we treat other animals we run across.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's a hairless raccoon, and videos of hairless raccoons on YT look identical to this critter. By the way, this Texas couple euthanized this animal. Guess we can add cruelty along with stupidity to their list of character faults.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It would seem the couple from TX have themselves a raccoon, at least that's what MSM is reporting. It was on the front page of Bing yesterday as one of the trending articles. The dog with the blue eyes has had DNA tests done and it is a coyote(maternal) and Mexican wolf(paternal). An uncommon pairing in nature, but it does happen, and produces sterile offspring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join