It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PDF link the the entire Roswell Daily Record (July 8th, 1947)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've looked everywhere for a PDF file of the entire Roswell Daily Record of July 8th, 1947. (It's the newspaper announcing the New Mexico UFO Crash.) Well, I'm not having any luck. Can someone give me a link to a PDF of this paper if they have it? I would be very happy. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. Links to similar newspapers would be appreciated too.
Thank you
edit on 3-4-2014 by ODarkThirty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ODarkThirty

en.wikipedia.org...
Picture of news artilce on right, clickable to expand.

Typed out story (to hard to read, if at all on the above link:

www.angelfire.com...

edit on 4/3/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That's funny man, first post on the thread and its a link to the wikipedia page which has the front cover on it... Shame OP, you couldn't have been looking too hard...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

No biggie. We are all here to learn etc.

Better to ask than not.

Now, you and your manners..... tsk tsk..

lol

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I asked because I thought the paper had more than one page, I'm sorry. Any other papers would be highly appreciated too.
edit on 3-4-2014 by ODarkThirty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Elijah23
reply to post by anon72

That's funny man, first post on the thread and its a link to the wikipedia page which has the front cover on it... Shame OP, you couldn't have been looking too hard...

Is the whole edition there? That's what the OP is looking for.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Fair enough, its not the full article so to the OP I've uploaded the full article as 2 images so you'll get them in my profile or my uploads or wherever they go.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There seem to be lots of pdfs of the front page around (and hard copy reprints) but I haven't been able to locate anything which shows the full issue for that day. I did however find this interesting collection of articles which show how Roswell was first reported not just in the local press, but around the US and overseas: ufologie.patrickgross.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SummerLightning

Very nice find!

Very interesting to read the time line of how news traveled then.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

SummerLightning
There seem to be lots of pdfs of the front page around (and hard copy reprints) but I haven't been able to locate anything which shows the full issue for that day. I did however find this interesting collection of articles which show how Roswell was first reported not just in the local press, but around the US and overseas: ufologie.patrickgross.org...

Man, you really hit the nail on the head with those other newspapers. I'm glad I asked the question now. Thanks!

top topics

join