It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England Shirt? That's £90 please! SAAYY WHHAAAATTTTT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ahh the world cup. A chance to watch overpaid and overrated English football player's get torn a new one by better and more humble teams - We know there is another disappointing tournament on the cards but like true English people, we'll support them all the way to the first knockout stage - This time i'll be without the England shirt mind.

£90 England Shirt

I'm sure someone will tout the typical "If people want it they'll buy it" - And thats a true statement. Diehards will still pay out of their arse to wear a shirt that's worth no more than £10. But what about those who cant afford them?
England is a place full of very rich people but also very poor people. Retailing the national England shirt at £90 is a complete and utter disgrace. By doing so your pricing fan's out of showing proper support - Seeing as they cant afford to go to brazil this year.

And what about the kids? £42 a shirt!

Laughable.

Hope no one buys the shirt. Buy a flag, Cheaper, lasts longer.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here I'm thinkin... Finally someone else is upset over the recent increase in Vinyard Vines linen button downs...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not saying it's right, but here in the States, an official team jersey for NFL, MLB, NBA, etc is anywhere from $100-$250. They charge that much because they can. People will buy them. I've bought a couple jerseys for myself and some for the kids over the years but I still think it's a rip-off. Still, it's cheaper than going to an actual game.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We will be out after 2 or 3 games, Then you can just pop down to JJB or SportsDirect and pick one up for 10/15 quid!

Still 90 is too much, as if theres not enough money in the game they want what little we got left too!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Are here for sporting replica clothing is between 170 to 250 for a hockey jersey .

200.00 CAD = 132.143 EUR ( quick search)

Holy crap the Euro is really worth that much.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

200 Canadian Dollars is £109 so that's quite expensive for a shirt.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No The C.Dollar is worth that little

Ask you gov for the pound!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thats what Chinese knock offs at the local market are for

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I love football (soccer) and I'm one of the fools that will end up buying one of the shirts
can't wait for it to start

But I do think it's an absurd price to pay for a item that costs no more than £10 to make

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Football is soooooooo boring!!
Only once have I EVER been impressed by a guy with a football. It was a short clip of George Best running down the field with the ball under so much controll he just foolled everyone who got in his way and went around them. That really impressed me, but otherwise, just boring, so nope! I wont be paying extortionate amounts for a cheap T-shirt.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Guess it is about average all around for jersey wear anywhere in the western world .

Also I refuse to pay that kind of money hell I don't even like watching sports anymore .

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

SearchLightsInc
England is a place full of very rich people but also very poor people. Retailing the national England shirt at £90 is a complete and utter disgrace. By doing so your pricing fan's out of showing proper support - Seeing as they cant afford to go to brazil this year.

Forrest Gump said it best: Stupid is as stuipd does.

And someone else, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Yay for consumerism.

edit on 3-4-2014 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
FOOOOOOOOK that, im English but I admit the England team are a bunch of useless overpaid pansies, they have no chance reaching the final stages.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Glz00

No The C.Dollar is worth that little

Ask you gov for the pound!

And whats the employment rate there

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just worked out, I'd have to work 12hrs at my job just to afford that shirt! Haha! Nike can go fk themselves!!! I'm just gonna buy a plain Tshirt and draw on it!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Consume. Obey. Multiply.

Carry on.

ETA Please excuse my cynical attitude towards the expensive apparel but I couldn't catch a bus if it was headed right towards me, never mind take part in strenuous physical activity of a competitive nature.

edit on 3/4/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind if the team was any good. But there crap!. And it will be the usual build up of "Yes we can win it"...Yea all-right lads!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Laughable really if any one of the chain stores had brought out the same

item (minus the 'logo's' of course) for the same price. There would be a national

outcry of >>>

"Profiteering from slave labour in India? China? Taiwan? or some other third

world country, boycott the product and store's concerned." There would be

indignation and cries for the much maligned women and children work force

to be paid a comparable wage to the workers in the western world.(forgetting

how cheap it is to live in those places, the less than minimum wage can go a

LOOONG way out there .......)

But Hey!! This is the nations religion - "FOOT BALL" - where the loyal "fans"

will not EARN in their WHOLE working lifetime, what ONE PLAYER MAKES

IN A WEEK

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Guaranteed Mr Mike Ashely over at sports direct will have the away shirt or 3rd kit for a tenner at the beginning of the tournament.

I hate watching England playing football, always really boring with no chance of winning.

Also they need to get a team of youthful hungry player together and sweep out all the dead wood, build a team for the future like Germany have done or even Japan with their 100 year plan (I wonder if that takes into account genetic mutilation through nuclear exposure).

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

If only more people in our country thought like this.

Consumers could control the prices , instead of the corporations controlling the consumers..

Watch the void.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join