It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Hood shooter was taking "prescription drugs for depression and anxiety". SSRIs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Stereotype what? The all-males thing? Have there been females?

The only reason I said that was that maybe there is something in these drugs that doesn't well with males or maybe with males in certain situations.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
All the shooters wore pants. Therefore, pants must be the cause of mass shootings!

SSRI's are just an easy scapegoat. Due to the sheer number of people taking these drugs, I'm surprised we don't have several mass shootings daily, but we don't.

SSRI's have helped many people over the decades. Sometimes...just sometimes people aren't right in the head and even taking medication can't fix that.

Coming off many of these antidepressant and anti-anxiety drugs improperly can cause psychotic breaks. Fact.

We never actually get to see the true facts and circumstances of these situations, so we can only speculate.

Whether it is the actual illness, the prescribed pharmaceuticals, improperly taking or coming off them, or any combination thereof, is all speculation, but it is also true in just about every case. It bears looking into. And I will further speculate that they have and are not revealing the truth about it.

edit on 4/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is somewhat off topic, but if a surgeon can be held responsible and sued or at worse, imprisoned for malpractice if their treatment of a patient results in harm, why then can't a psychiatrist be held responsible and/or imprisoned when the drugs they prescribe are associated with a mass casualty incident like this?

Let's face it, some guy with a lot of issues was given a piece of paper for something he knows nothing about, and then left to his own devices to handle the side effects, if any; and the doctor doesn't even bother to check on him unless he comes in for another appointment.

People can spiral in fast on these neurologically-toxic drugs, and it shouldn't be up to the hapless patient to know when to seek more help (from the guy that essentially is poisoning him to start with...).

It certainly doesn't help that the list of possible side effects is a mile long, in medically confusing language, and sometimes unclear at best - 'may cause anxiety' doesn't sound like the raving loony-toons nutzoid wanna kill someone right now effect that may actually be induced...

Thank you Mental Health Profession for taking a smaller problem and making it way bigger, without taking responsibility. I'm sure the profits are nice, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Federal law.
Keeps the drug companies out of the loop and last I checked the doctors as well. As in docs cannot be held liable for the effectiveness of the drugs.
Wish I had the links but the laws back up everyone except the patient in this case.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

"People can spiral in fast on these neurologically-toxic drugs, and it shouldn't be up to the hapless patient to know when to seek more help (from the guy that essentially is poisoning him to start with...)"

I'm going to take issue with this. People with mental health issues may well 'spiral' anyhow - unpredictability is a hallmark of mental illness. With the exception of a small handful of cases, people undertaking SSRI or comparable treatments usually experience normality rather than murderous desire. This effect it not only evident in scientific testing, but also anecdotally in patients the world over. To suggest otherwise is not only absurd, but mischievious.

Pills alone are not the answer to serious mental health issues - but unless a superior alternative is available, they may well be the best available option. Crazy people do crazy things... it is literally as simple as that.

To suggest physicians are prescribing "neuro-toxic" products or "poisoning" their patients is literally absurd... there is no evidence at all that supports this position. I suggest you compare the actual medical evidence. Frankly, your argument is circumstantional at the very best, and more likely highly misleading.

This isn't an argument in 'support' of Big Pharma, but criticising them for providing widely proven treatments is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, but I ask you guys not to further stimagtize mental illness because of trends reported like this. I am mentally ill myself. I HAVE schizoaffective bipolar disorder. I am NOT my diagnosis. Do I possess the capacity of getting dangerous? Yes, and that frightens me. But that is ONLY if I GO OFF my pills. Especially stopping cold turkey. I was BORN with this disorder, even if it didn't manifest till my twenties. Disorders like mine start with PHYSICAL malfunctions in the way your brain produces and processes neurotransmitters. I have posted strange, off the wall posts when I have started going downhill. I joke that in order to get "high" I don't need drugs -- I have to GO OFF my drugs. There has only been one time where I got a tad dangerous and I hope to whatever is good that it does not happen again. I am on a combination of Latuda, Zoloft, and Trileptal and have been more stable than I have been in a long time on this particular "cocktail." Trust me, that is a small cocktail compared to what I've seen others get saddled with. If you are Bipolar, Zoloft alone will make you manic, which can result in psychosis. The Trileptal is added as a mood stabilizer to prevent that, while the Zoloft balances out the "low" the mood-stabilizer puts you in and keeps you from falling into a serious depression. I hate how they make these things so you need a concoction of several working together, and you have to take them for six weeks or more before you know whether they really are working. If they are not, they have to slowly ween you off them (another 3 to 6 weeks) and put you on something else (which takes yet another 3 to 6 weeks to tell if they work and so on.) The Latuda is an anti-psychotic among other things. I do not like how they have put me on a 120 a day mg dosage when pharmacists have told me that there is no noted benefit of having higher than 80 mg a day. I also hate how they say you have to have the drugs "built up" into your system. While having it that way kinda helps you stay stable a little longer if you miss a dose, I still don't like it, cause there are times the pills on a smaller dosage have worked instantly for me.

This vet. from Iraq likely formed PTSD. My sister in the Air Force tells me that once a soldier gets PTSD from what they've been through, they no longer care about you, or FOR you, or anything. So this man who had given service to this country and acquired a mental illness due to the stress he underwent through war was likely getting little to no support from the country he served. I have met homeless vets who have been abandoned due to PTSD issues saying that they work sometimes to attempt to blow us all to smitherines cause of how they feel about everything, such as making hacking attempts into the military mainframe and setting off nukes if they can (I am sure they are kept on separate servers from the main internet as a precaution), and how homicidal they often get. The main lady I met on the streets claimed she fought in the Gulf War and had been homeless since she contracted PTSD even if she is on disability (trust me, SSI and SSDI is not enough for one to obtain independent living status, and because of stigmas on the disorders and such and thus roommates are less likely to rent to you if they know you have any sort of mental illness.)

An anti-anxiety medication (I sometimes pop a Lorazepam when I get irritability bouts for no known reason -- might be from a physical symptom, but I don't know) is often addicting (being a benzodiazepine), as well as if you take it alot it tends to lose potency over time. Hence people take more and more of it who have a lot of anxiety instead of taking it as a as-needed basis (also called a PRN). I know I got somewhat addicted to Lorazepam while at the WRC here cause they were giving it to me every night. Now I only take it when I start to feel an attack coming on. I didn't use to have irritability attacks like this. I am trying to figure out why I do now.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that it is not JUST the meds. It is not JUST the illness. It is likely a combination of the events in this man's life, such as being abandoned by the military due to contracting PTSD, the PTSD itself, and possibly not taking his meds as prescribed, or maybe he was going off one pill and trying a different one. The pills DO help -- if taken properly. I strongly recommend that those who do have a mental disorder DO NOT go off their pills. Advocate to your doctor if you are not satisfied with your current pills. Be persistent. Keep trying. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! YEAH!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

Thank you for your post.
The flip side to your post is trying to help someone who doesn't want the help and legally speaking no one can do anything about it until they 'jump the cliff'
Maybe I shouldn't be posting cause it hits too close to home for me.
To the other poster who said the comment about armchair people...... I have first hand knowlege of what I speak. I was a foster mom to a kid who is jumping off the cliff. I am not going into details except to say he refuses help and we are left with the consequenses.

To be honest.... as much as my posts on this thread sound like 'drama queen', I am not by the sheer number of parents out there who are dealing with kids just like the one I had. I had a choice to walk away and from what I have read and personally heard, these parents don't.
What are they to do when their loved ones cry for help and there really isn't any out there.
Again,.....our system is broken for the ones that need it the most. Both civil and military it seems.

Ash. ......thank you again. Most of my post was a general vent. I cried when I read yours and I am not sure why except I was glad that you had the guts to post what you did, won't help my kid, but maybe others might wake up.

edit on 3-4-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Plenty of people over here are medicated on SSRIs and I'm yet to hear of a single murder spree related to them. I hear of plenty people dealing with their mental health issues though. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Mianeye

But wait, these drugs are used in every country, but only in the US they are causing killing spree's

Why am I not surprised you have no idea what you are talking about? Pretty common with anti-gun nuts like yourself.

If you cared about making a logical argument you would know that America consumes the VAST majority of these drugs. You are simply wrong in assuming the rest of the world consumes these drugs at a rate anywhere near approaching America, therefore your comparison makes absolutely no sense.

70% of Americans are on prescription drugs. Nearly half are on more than one.

Care to explain why guns have always been extremely common and accepted in America, and were in fact more freely available, and more dangerous in the past, yet only now we see these issues?

Methinks logical thought is not your strong point, best to stick with emotional blathering.

Guns and medication may be an easy scape goat. The truth is these things are happening because our society is sick. It's not because of a lack of religion, or because of sex on TV, or rap music, or any other bull crap you all go on about. It's because we are all living a lie, living in a fake society with fake everything, all is backwards, the future is bleak. We are all constantly fed a diet of pure BS from every direction possible, treated like idiot cattle, controlled like children, and then people sit around crying because people start SNAPPING?

Get used to it. Either become a real person and change this society into something approaching natural and decent, or become OK with people loosing their damned minds, because it's only going to become more common the further down this path we go.

People are sick because society is sick, and everyone is too cowardly to admit it so they try to blame guns, drugs, lack of religion, democrats, republicans, men, woman, blacks, whites, mexicans or whatever else, and it's a thin, embarrassing cover that's quickly wearing out.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

You know, with me, most the time the help IS forced on me. Once your kid grows up and has a breakdown in public, the system will take over and the doctors will not allow him to refuse treatment. I am currently on court commitment. I will be finally moving into an apartment with another girl in the system, as the apartment I am moving into is sorta an independent "group home," for the mentally ill. Better than being on the streets. In fact, I really like the place compared to places like Valley Plaza and the like. I was allowed into Gregson Place because they have deemed me as being "highly functional," whereas back in December I was practically ruled incompetent.

Of course, it also depends on the state mental health provider(s) in your state or county. Here in Utah, Salt Lake County has decent care, but it is NOT as good as it used to be. They suffered MASSIVE cutbacks recently, which forced them to close many of their facilities and cut on certain programs like CPT, and RT, and things like that. They are offering what is called "peer counseling," which when an afflicted person gains stability for at least a year, they can take an educational course which allows them to become a certified peer councilor and maybe get a job with coaching others with mental illness. I think I want to do this when I have proven I am stable. Lol. Some of the tenets at the apartment I am moving into thought I was staff cause of how good I am doing now. And I tend to have an impact on others suffering from mental disorders. I spent two months last year in the State Hospital and a girl I met in WRC here who just got out herself told me that patients there still talk fondly of me. I thought that was cool.

I do find it funny that we are having trouble with the mentally ill and yet the government CUTS BACK on state and federal mental healthcare. Of course, Utah opted out of Obamacare, and they would have gotten several millions to help support healthcare if they had joined to put back into such programs. Now they are in the process of re-appeal to scramble for the funds to bolster statewide healthcare.

There are SO many with mental illness that find themselves living on the street. I was one of them. While I was only out for a few nights before being picked up and bouncing between hospitals, I have been helped greatly in getting into a place. Others are not so lucky. Because of a law that prohibits places in Utah from having more than 16 beds in a ward or facility (unless it's the State Hospital) beds are limited, and we only have one half-way house in Salt Lake County that assists with those, like me, who have become homeless due to an elongated stay at a facility. Some patients here have been discharged to the streets. One became a good friend and I don't know how to help her, cause she is in the process of getting ON disability which can take MONTHS. No money, on the street for MONTHS. Awful.

But you know, maybe you do need to force treatment on your kid. I hate to say it, but the doctors do it to you in adulthood in most states. And not just meds, but therapy and attending groups at places like North Valley and stuff here, until you are off commitment. I have often voiced my disgust with doctors forcing treatments on me. I often shout "FREEDOM OR DEATH!" or "PTSD JUST STARING AT THE WALLS!" when I get admitted to a place. The doctors say I am too extreme for the "freedom or death!" shyte. I just looked at them bewildered and asked "Isn't that what Americans used to believe?" And then sing things like my "Ballad of 9-11" while there and stuff or just take the time to act as crazy as I want till I settle down. Believe me, I do EVERYTHING the first few days of admittance. Flinging my food on the floor, writing on the walls, and a few disgusting things I wont mention. Lol.

I just wish that if they ever decided to throw me away forever that they'd just euthanize me, really. A life of imprisonment is no life at all. Add your degrading mind to the mix and it's not worth living anymore at that point to me. Just doctors hear that and they're like "that's unhealthy to think that way!" When does the value of life become an infringement on that life I ask? I dunno.

If you want me to ever share my song "The Ballad of 9-11" I could probably dig it up. Anyway, dinner time. Be back on later.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

absolute star for you

As a therapist AND a user of Zoloft and Zyprexa I have yet to feel homicidal

People who are armchair doctors and therapist are overlooking two major possibilities

1. This and other spree killers could well having issues with behavioral issues as opposed to psychological. Consider the personality disorders I see every day in the emergency room that cause people to be suicidal, homicidal and everything in between. These disorders cannot be assisted by medications. Anti-social and oppositional defiant and the like aren't cured by things like Celexa and Lithium

but then there is option 2...

2. Maybe this guy is just an absolute piece of you know what. How about that consideration? Maybe he is just messed up, angry, and hostile. I hate to say it but this is often the case. People can be mean and cruel.

But yes, I think blaming the med is such a poor and belligerent excuse. People are sick sometimes and sometimes people are just bad people. Don't blame mental health issues and don't blame a med for a spree shooter. How many people are on SSRI's? How many people are suffering PTSD/Schizophrenia/bipolar?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by Cynic

Stereotype what? The all-males thing? Have there been females?

The only reason I said that was that maybe there is something in these drugs that doesn't well with males or maybe with males in certain situations.

You really are an uneducated tool. Maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror, it's actually you that need anti-psychotics. Medication has helped countless millions, and people like you keep marginalising their use in treating the disease. Just because mental issues cannot be seen and are feared by the uneducated, by extension perhaps you want to deprive a diabetic his/her insulin. Same general idea. Woe to anyone in your family that is forced to suffer in silence due to your fear and ignorance of the issue.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

KingIcarus
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Please point me to a medical website that lists a named SSRI medication that lists 'homicidal rage' as a rare side-effect.

No such thing exists, and you know it.

Deny Ignorance indeed.

Really?

I recommend that, to avoid looking like a fool, you hedge your bets and be less absolute in your wording. Let m point to just one: Prozac

Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: unusual or severe mental/mood changes (such as agitation,

Read between the lines here. The wording used to be different in the 90s.

Please note: 10 years ago, a side effect of all SSRI's was "homocidal thoughts". I worked in mental health. Patients on Prozac were put on a 1:1 monitoring due to this. My wife is still a nurse in mental health. Her and I just talked. They are related to homocidal thoughts as prescribed by the physicians with the state of texas health and human services.

No doubt they don't advertise it anymore. I also note that they mentioned him taking ambien, but didn't mention the others, which I guarantee you are an ssri, likely lithium or depakote, and a benzodiazapene. How would the medical community be able to justify giving these medications to people, admitting it can cause a homocidal break, and giving it to returning soldiers by the fistful.. And no doubt Uncle Sam is all too happy to accept the risk, so long as they don't have to house all of them in inpatient care.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Cynic

You really are an uneducated tool. Maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror, it's actually you that need anti-psychotics. Medication has helped countless millions, and people like you keep marginalising their use in treating the disease. Just because mental issues cannot be seen and are feared by the uneducated, by extension perhaps you want to deprive a diabetic his/her insulin. Same general idea. Woe to anyone in your family that is forced to suffer in silence due to your fear and ignorance of the issue.

Nice. If you were a little clearer in your writing, I may have known exactly what it was you were accusing me of stereotyping and could have answered you a bit more clearly.

None of what you accuse me of here in this rant even remotely resembles anything I have said. I marginalized nothing. Perhaps I have inadvertently struck some nerve in you?

Let me try to put it a bit more succinctly and simply for you. People have different chemical compositions, including hormonal levels, environmental exposure, diet, vitamins, unpredictable interactions with any and all of the above, and even allergies that the pharmaceutical companies cannot possibly predict the effects of on everyone. Not to mention the aforementioned taking them or weaning off of them incorrectly and without medical supervision, which is very common.

No one here is saying that these drugs cause anyone who takes them to grab a gun and shoot someone. Or that the drugs don't help some. But what people are saying that all the shooters seem to have this in common and that there may be something to this.

Now please check the name of forum you are in and your manners. And if you can't handle being in a conspiracy thread, you may want to consider leaving, lest you become more inflamed or marginalized in your mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
To add:

www.nasw.org...

Summary:

A relatively small proportion of prescription drugs, particularly those which influence dopamine or serotonin levels, clearly induce thoughts or acts of violence in the user.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Also...

Dramatic Increase of Mass Shootings in America: The Role of Prescription Psychiatric Drugs?

The data that reinforce the psychiatric drugs and violence connection is overwhelming.

Between 2004 -2012 there have been 14,773 reports to the US FDA’s MedWatch system on psychiatric drugs causing violent side effects including, 1,531 cases of homicidal ideation/homicide, 3,287 cases of mania and 8,219 cases of aggression. The FDA estimates that less than 1% of all serious adverse events are reported.
A PLOS One study, based on FDA adverse event drug data, authored by Thomas J. Moore, Joseph Glenmullen and Curt D. Furberg, found that “acts of violence towards others are a genuine and serious adverse drug event associated with a relatively small group of drugs.” Verenicline (Chantix) and antidepressants with serotonergic effects were the most strongly and consistently implicated drugs.
There are 22 international drug regulatory warnings on psychiatric drugs citing effects of mania, hostility, aggression, violence and even homicidal ideation.

And a lot of additional links in the article.

This lists a few mass murderers and their drug histories. It's a blog but a good start for further research and dot connection.

A Brief History of Psychotropic Drugs Prescribed to Mass Murderers

Anyone who believes it's not possible for there to be a conspiracy to hide the ugly truth about magical pills from the public might be being foolish. Peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Cynic

ProfessorT
It really frustrates me when people blame killing sprees on mental health. I am currently undergoing treatment for PTSD, adjustment disorder, depression and anxiety. These illnesses make me no different to the next person. The root cause is America's stance on guns. You rarely ever hear about this sort of thing happening anywhere else and the frequency of shooting sprees taking place in the US is truly scary. Please do not paint mental health with this brush.
edit on 3-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting that ProfessorT, I agree entirely. Most of the armchair doctors on this post haven't the slightest clue of what they are talking about.

Well I do have the slightest clue as a care provider to disabled teens and also as a former professional in the psychiatric field as an assistant in the research [meds] area in the late 80's/90s.

The meds/ guns are not the sole issue. Its a broken mental health system that has become more reactive while restricting care in the preventive for serious breakedowns.

not being arguementative, just sayin' I worked in the field previously and am shocked by what I see now.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've been doing my share of illicit substances since the 70s SSRIs are like a dam on feelings unless you miss a dose or your brain has a bad reaction,mine was a suicide attempt with a .45 but I got talked down from my room mate,If you CANNOT handle the emotional blast you lose it and there you go some CAN maintain and some can't. We still don't know what set the guy off if he has NEVER done anything or shown ANY indications at all of doing something like this before I say SSRIs(Pvail ,Zoloft,effeczor what ever they create vacuous drones) are THAT spacific signature and it DOES indeed shake my paranoid bone as there is no scientific proof these are working as they should.
And I VERY SERIOUSLY DOUBT it is a good idea to give ANY sort of SSRI to ANY trained human predator like myself.It would seem common sense.

If YOU are using them and the are working,cool but if I'm right you could be asking yourself WHAT HAPPENED from a jail cell,EVERYONE on these remember this ,so I will be able to ENDLESSLY destroy you again on debates if you are wrong. Dead people and convicts are not the folks I would think of as good conversationalists.
edit on 3-4-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I might as well chime in on this subject since it hits close to home for me as I have personally experienced both the mental health care system and adverse reactions to SSRI medications. I have been on over a dozen different types of psychiatric medications for the past 18 years, so I am speaking from personal experience.

Firstly, the original underlying mental health issue has roots in a specific event, trauma or psychological issue in a person's life. The mistake doctors and psychiatrists are making is to automatically assume it is always a "chemical imbalance". This is just a theory that has taken on a life of its own and is not even close to being correct. More often than not, there is a very good reason why a person is depressed or anxious or obsessive etc. It can go way back into early childhood and involve certain events that triggered or programmed in a flaw that can flare up later in life. Or it can be a traumatic event in recent adult life that can cause Post Traumatic Stress. The notion of writing such things off as a chemical imbalance in need of very potent and dangerous medications is the number one mistake that needs to be addressed worldwide IMMEDIATELY. Period.

Now once a person has been initiated into this world of psychiatry and medications, the adjustments to new doses, the adjustments to coming off (often too quickly) from other medications and the recombination with additional drugs, creates a cascade of legitimate chemical imbalance - directly caused by the mucking about (i.e. "practicing" of medicine) by doctors with these very powerful psychotropic drugs. I have experienced this firsthand. Even as a teenager, when the doctor would have me on Prozac and saw that I was not doing any better in school, the merry-go-round of switching to a different antidepressant would start. From Prozac to Effexor. Immediately after going through the withdrawals and starting up on a new drug - which specifically targets part of the brain by jamming up a certain flow of neurotransmitters thus artificially over-producing serotonin (much like a beaver dam causing a flood) - I felt a burning sensation in my brain that caused me enormous amounts of jitters throughout the body and anxiety beyond belief. When I complained about THAT chemical onslaught, guess what they did? They just did another switch, thinking I was just not responding to the new cocktail. And then it just goes on and on and on, because all that is happening is that the brain chemistry is being totally thrown into chaos from all of this medical (mal)practice, and the doctors and the person experiencing it, namely me, just assume the "mental illness" is flaring up. This is a travesty and just a consequence of this backwards thinking of the chemical imbalance theory of mental health issues.

And yes, when it comes to certain drug withdrawals and adverse reactions, it ABSOLUTELY leads to psychosis and severe agitation, up to and including suicidal and homicidal thoughts and behaviors. Now if I had had a gun nearby during any one of those adverse reactions, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I would have gone out and killed lots and lots of people and then myself after. No question. But since I live in a country where GUNS ARE NOT WIDELY AVAILABLE, I was able to avoid such a devastating scenario. But the sheer mental anguish and emotional agony associated with these chemical imbalances, directly caused by the medications, is beyond comprehension. It feels like being locked in the most sinister and evil mindset, comparable to reliving 1000 lifetimes of being locked in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. It is unbelievable - I am speaking as someone who has lived through this ordeal. I had the police called on me twice and they kicked in my door with their weapons drawn and forced me to the hospital. Unfortunately the doctors there only keep the medication merry-go-round going indefinitely.

So basically what I am saying is that it is not simply a matter of the mentally ill needing more and "better care", an argument I keep seeing over and over, but that the entire mental health system itself is corrupted by bad science which is motivated by greed and profits from the pharmaceutical industry, American Psychiatric Association and the FDA. The entire system is rotten and an abysmal failure, and what we ought to be doing is looking into and demanding that the government fund ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS. That means natural medicine and a wide array of alternative solutions to the problem. This notion that only medications are the answer is a total sham that is the result of mass propaganda and brainwashing on the part of the very organizations and institutions I already mentioned.
edit on 2014-04-03T19:41:46-05:002014Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:41:46 -050046pm41Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:41:46 -050000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Here,here Overhaul the system...wait .That is what the progs THINK they are doing for the good of the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join