It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Jessie's AMA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think one of the mods addressed this issue saying that they didnt want the guest to waste any of the little time they have trying to learn the reply function as opposed to answering questions.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Not all of our guests are computer or internet savvy. It's far easier to have them just click "reply to" instead of quoting, and trimming the really long quotes down to something that keeps the thread reasonable for length.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I like that idea too.

I had suggested privately too that the guest be given a temporary mod-type power where they could edit and type their answer right into the original box. But I forget why I was told that wasn't a very good idea...something about it being too much power and/or work?

I still think it wouldn't be that hard to grant it temporarily and show them how to use it and then take it away when they're done so they don't run amok modding.

ETA: I thought JV did a smashing job...he was fast and prolific and got to a lot more questions with some really excellent and thoughtful answers.
edit on 4/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks, no, for some reason I missed that. very funny, didn't laugh though, and I could hear Jesse V. voice saying it as I read it. boymonkey is one lucky monkey to have that answer, a great story to tell.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Guys? There are 200,000 + ATS'rs. 'Doesnt matter if youre the 2nd or 25,000 question.
No one promised any AMA responder will respond...or even READ all the questions.

To say "Well...mine was like the 7th question..and it wasnt answered" is a bit over the top, dont you think?

Write a movie star. Think youll get an answer? Maybe...but unlikely. Same here.

Im sure with so many asked, they have to pick the most interesting...to them...for us.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spl ck agn

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
2 cents ...

I feel the Jesse Ventura AMA was the best to date.

Straight up - no BS answers, coupled with Springers' quotes - very real !!

Time constraints must have casualties ... Hopefully " He'll Be Back ! "

Eye roll !

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Sounds like you think we've got some "power" over the guests who choose to come here and give up some of their time to interact with us.

Let me fix that, we absolutely don't.

We don't dictate anything to these people, we're grateful for whatever time they can carve out for our community, we're grateful for whatever questions they decide to answer.

Big names are in high demand, they still only have 24 hours in their day just like the rest of us, the fact he gave us the time he did is something to be thankful for.

That's why it's called "Ask Me Anything" and not "I'll Answer Everything".

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Honestly I thought this was a great AMA. Everyone pulled their weight, Mr. Ventura, the mod's/admin and especially the participants. The majority were great, well thought out questions and he really did answer a lot of them and rapid fire too. More than I could have done in his shoes that is for sure.

For the record, my question didn't get answered but good grief that was a huge AMA and it was so much fun. I don't care if he missed mine. I hope he comes back again.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Apparently some ATS members believe AMA guests are all robots who can all efficiently operate a computer, stay up 24/7 for weeks on end and answer thousands of questions.

Is there somewhere I can sign up for this superpower?

edit on 4/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
He seemed to answer the posts that got the most stars, which makes sense in a lot of ways. And by "seemed," I mean that every post that had the most stars *was* answered, unless it was one of the ones that came in real late.

That said, I probably would not have participated or watched the thread if I had known that before-hand. Most of my favorite questions did not receive many stars, and therefore, I would have known to just do something else!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This one AMA would go into my diary...if I kept one. Jesse answered my question like a real seasoned politician. Although his answer was short and sweet...I had to translate and read between the lines ... for the true answer to my question(s).

This was my question..

Hello mr Ventura,

Like many before me on this forum, it is a honor to have you here at ATS. My question is maybe a little personal but I ask you anyway. If you don't feel like answering just skip my question....(nobody but me will notice...ha,ha). It doesn't matter to me, you will be and stay my friend anyways..
I assume Arnold Swartzenegger is your friend and I wonder how you feel about him being the governor of California and while holding this public office he is visiting the Bohemian grove. Did you ever discussed his membership and does it affect your friendship?
Thanks for reading my question and would like to shake your hand whenever you ever visit The Netherlands.

Jesse answered,

First of all I have to confess, I haven't spoke to Arnold since he became governor. That answers it all, I have no idea what he's doing now

So what he really is saying.. You are right, ever since I received the confirmation that Arnold is being cozy and sociable with these secretive people at the Bohemian Grove I broke contact with him. And because of this fundemental choice of his to join their ranks his whereabouts doesn't interest me anymore..

And the rest can be translated as... I decide who I call my friend... I do not know you and do not know anything about you. So I am not sure you are a friend of mine. When I will visit The Netherlands be sure to have wash your hands first before I decide to shake yours or not.

Hahaha...anyways, before someone will explain these words completely the wrong way...all of the above is speculation and originate from my own fantasy..this absolutely not what Jesse had in mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join