It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google TEMPLE View: Explore Angkor Wat and the Bayon temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... religious-monuments.html

Over 90,000 panoramic images were captured as part of Google's latest Cultural Institute project in Cambodia

Armchair tourists can explore the remains of Angkor Wat and Bayon temples in modern-day Angkor

The panoramas include the elaborate bas-reliefs, iconic towers, decorated terraces and religious statues

Angkor Wat was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century 3.4 miles from Siam Reap

The Bayon was built in the late 12th century as the state temple of the Mahayana Buddhist King Jayavarman VII

Angkor in Cambodia is one of the most significant archaeological sites in southeast Asia and home to the magnificent remains of the Angkor Wat and Bayon temples, as well as their elaborate bas-reliefs. Armchair tourists can now explore these remains using more than 90,000 panoramic images captured as part of Google's latest Cultural Institute project. Google said the images 'let people experience the scale and beauty of Angkor wherever they are', but also demonstrate how technology can change the way cultural treasures are preserved for future generations.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Now that is cool!

google street view
edit on 3-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

greencmp

Now that is cool!

google street view
edit on 3-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

Nice one. Thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Always been interested in this place, thanks for posting these pics, hadnt seen them before!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

My god that place looks so serene! I think this is the next place i want to visit! Thanks for the link OP

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
OS JA!

=D

top topics

join