It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Arms Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
watchdog.org...

Why would non-crime fighting divisions need these weapons and enforcement budgets? The link addresses some agencies and provides detailed information about their operations, employment, and budgeting. In fact, there are many more links which Watchdog has provided. I still have not read all the info, but add these to DHS and the "Police State" debate/issue is over...we live in an ever exapanding Police State that has enormous government funding. Sure, some have already claimed that, but the extent is unfolding, and it is scary. Some of the data is not breaking, but this link is composed well and relatively recent as a whole.

I have to read more on this, but what are your thoughts ATSers?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

Here is a short list of Federal Agencies discussed and links provided:
www.golawenforcement.com...

online.wsj.com... 2970203518404577094861497383678.html#project%3DREGS121520111215%26articleTabs%3Dinteractive

edit on 3-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think it is scary when the Feds feel the need to increase their use of firearms while simultaneously trying to disarm the public. Government can't be trusted to do the right thing when they are holding you at gunpoint.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I agree. Watchdog also links this article regarding the 4th, again not breaking, but current enough:
watchdog.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Furthermore, it infuriates me that soldiers at Ft. Hood cannot defend themselves or carry firearms, but the agencies noted in the first article are PERMANENTLY permited by Congress to do so. It is not just the public, they may intend to disarm the Military at home as well, but not government agencies/law enforcement, who are allowed to carry assault rifles and shotguns.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

Furthermore, it infuriates me that soldiers at Ft. Hood cannot defend themselves or carry firearms, but the agencies noted in the first article are PERMANENTLY permuted by Congress to do so.

Soldiers are guarded on base the way civilians are guarded off.

Military police, civil servants.
The defining lines are disappearing.

new topics

top topics

join