It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women No Longer Care

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I think somebody is getting frustrated because their usual methodology is failing.

Yes you. You usually ignore the obvious points and bury your discussion partner under a mountain of remotely related woman drivel till he gives up and concedes just because his head hurts and his ear are buzzing.

Doesn't work on all guys.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I love women, especially women that care, damnit!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

kimish
I love women, especially women that care, damnit!

there you go, just gave u a star, thank u for the short and sweet comment!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

FancyName

I think somebody is getting frustrated because their usual methodology is failing.

Yes you. You usually ignore the obvious points and bury your discussion partner under a mountain of remotely related woman drivel till he gives up and concedes just because his head hurts and his ear are buzzing.

Doesn't work on all guys.

We can go round and round on this subject but honestly, that would be taking away from the subject matter of the thread, now wouldn't it? For the record, I meant you but you knew that already as for the headache? Hope it's a migraine.
I also find that you got a chance to put in yet another misogynistic plug though. Good for you!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Im not a cave man..LOL. I dont go all alpha male and s#it. I know my role. Does my role trickle down to making sure my wife is bear foot and in the kitchen? NOPE.

I know Im the the man, she is the woman, we have roles. I recognize my wifes accomplishments, and im all about her getting ahead.

Im not going around joining the womens strugles and thinking Im superman to women. You women can handel your own strugles, and you have shown. I dont need to galavant around to look good to women.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THAT KAY-SOMETHING DUDE SAID ALL THAT. Lets get real. Once he said all that, some if not all of you used his little rant, as what a real man or some crap, should be like.

Once again just so I DONT GET THE CAVE MAN TITLE:

1) I recognize womens strugles.
2) Im proud of women who have stood up, and can now voet, and get good jobs!
3) I love women, wouldnt put them down because they are.
4) I know my role as a man.
5) NOT A CAVE MAN.

Its allmost as if you want a submissive man, to run around saying "yes dear" "no dear". Thats not me, I am an individual with my own beliefs. Just because Im married, and Im in a relationship, doesnt mean I have to:

A. Sacrifce my gender.
B. Be submisive
C. Not say something about gender roles, when I haven an opinion.

Oh yah, and one more thing. Quit stroking eachothers egos.

edit on 7-4-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
To Greyer:

I was going to ignore this thread as it appeared as a woman bashing thread, but upon further inspection, I believe you actually believe what you think you believe. It may be that you are doing it wrong, so here are some tips from Edward Thatch to strenthen your core beliefs in this area. Now give us gals a challenge we can really rise to.

"Now these masculine actions may cause Sandra Fluke’s penis to chub in angry arousal or make some fat Jezebel writer crack open a second pint of Ben & Jerry’s as her porky little sausage fingers feverishly pound the keyboard in a way no man would ever want to pound her, but it’s not misogyny. If you really want to be a better misogynist, you may want to consider doubling down on the hate and doing something that destroys women (or at least permanently scars them.) Here’s what I suggest: ..."

www.returnofkings.com...#!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

We can go round and round on this subject but honestly, that would be taking away from the subject matter of the thread, now wouldn't it?

A little late now, but I think it is interesting to see how a random woman will go out of her way to convince a "jerk" that he should not be a jerk to her. I mean the "jerk" can't be left living thinking that she is not desirable in every single way, can he?

For the record, I meant you but you knew that already as for the headache? Hope it's a migraine.

You mean the headache that I didn´t get? I clearly implied that it doesn't work on me. But whatever.

So you hope I get a migraine.

That seems a bit harsh.

Do I sense some anger in there?

I also find that you got a chance to put in yet another misogynistic plug though. Good for you!

And how did you feel when I put in my plug? Was there a connection?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Oh yah, and one more thing. Quit stroking eachothers egos.

But we both like it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think a lot of us women are working because we are trying to build up a stable career path for the future,so once we start a family, we can help our husbands support it.

I love my husband dearly, and I'd love to be a housewife. Cook and bake all day, pamper him, etc. I really do!
( I bake weekends, but still, I'd love to spoil him more,and do so every chance I get.)

But I am glad I became a teacher, and started early, because as it turns out we need 2 incomes to support our household. Especially since we are planning on starting a family.

I think women aren't being selfish or having apathy, it's the opposite, most of them - like my humble self- are just simply planning ahead to secure a comfortable future for our families.

Just my humble two cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I respect that completly. Thats what I was talking about, you are humble, and you arent going off the deep end about how you dont need men and all that.

If there were more women like you, gender equality would be eaiser for a lot of people. I find that some women alienate themselves, when they accomplish things like getting a good job ect., and then wonder why men have a problem with them.

Its the whole, feminist view that sets them apart. Then they wonder why they cant find a good guy.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Interesting responses. I know that men are not cave men and I'll actually be the first to admit that there are some physiological differences between men and women. Men tend to be stronger (not always) and women tend to have more endurance (not always). I actually am one of those women who opted to stay home to raise my children in lieu of pursuing a career. To me, it made biological sense. Men can't nurse after all. I never regretted that choice because I think it was the right one.

If you'd like to misrepresent my position some more, feel free but it is a misrepresentation. As far as insinuating that I need a submissive man, you've got that wrongly pegged as well. Nice try in emasculating my fiance with the idea that he always simply agrees with me. He actually has to force me to state my opinions on silly things like what I want to eat for dinner because my tendency in a relationship is to simply go with the flow due to years of abuse.

reply to post by FancyName

Most of the time, I am very empathetic to others. There are only distinct cases where I have no empathy for a person. Is that harsh? Perhaps to you but I'm fine with it.

As to the rest of what you said, you were making faulty allegations and arguments misrepresenting various positions and I shot them down. You can pout and try to recast it all you want but that's what happened.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thank you.
I think there's a lot of women who feel the same way.
It's a harsh world out there. One has to think ahead about the future.

To the OP:We're not all feminists, just being logical, and practical, that's all.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That wasnt my intentions at all. Its just that when women go all crazy on gender equality they tend to seek out males that agree with them more, instead of someone who had thier own ideas and can still be an individual. Im not attacking anyone, and if it came off that way Im sorry.

I dont know you or your SO, Im just saying that maintaining a role in a relationship is hard when it comes to gender equality, and some feminists (not you) tend to alienate their partners/love interests/crushes..ect, by doing so.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Im sure you have no problems in the relationship either, (well probably some, like we all do but nothing major).

You both know your roles, and there isnt some sort of "tug of war" going on. That is what a healthy relationship is all about, not making the man feel like less of a man, because you have a job too, and maybe even a better one.

Relationships are about trust, compromise, and love. Its also about feeling like you have a partner, rather than someone who views you as less of an equal.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There are only distinct cases where I have no empathy for a person. Is that harsh? Perhaps to you but I'm fine with it.

And this is one of those cases where you wish bodily harm or suffering onto another person for ruffling your feathers(chicken reference) on an online forum?

As to the rest of what you said, you were making faulty allegations and arguments misrepresenting various positions and I shot them down. You can pout and try to recast it all you want but that's what happened.

I like how your delusional and irratic she-brain closes the fantastical conconction with a, "and that's what happened" to further cement the idea that it is actually true.

Whatever you say dear........

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You'd be surprised to know that I actually bring home the bigger income, and my husband is fine with it.

I earn/work more now, and in the future when we have children I will cut back on my hours, and he will start his business and bring home more income.

Yes, it works out, we never had any issues about it.
We only argue about who gets the remote.

I think this also depends hugely on the man and his ego,luckily my husband and I are on the same page.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
On record, the Rockefellers funded women's lib to:

(1) double the tax base
(2) get children into state-run brainwashing centers sooner
(3) run another divide and conquer scheme against the sexes to destroy the family

From a lot of the silly bickering in this thread, you people seem to be letting the plan proceed right on schedule.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow.

Get a thread on wimmin, and it goes on and on and on and on and on and on. . . . .

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JonButtonIII

Wow!

Welcome to ATS!
And who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning?

I didn't think we were bickering, just having a discussion about why young women have become more career oriented in the last couple of decades.

I blame the economy. Simple as that.
Thanks for your input though.

reply to post by beezzer

I know,right?
It's like the Never Ending Story.

edit on 7/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nice try in emasculating my fiance with the idea that he always simply agrees with me. He actually has to force me to state my opinions on silly things like what I want to eat for dinner because my tendency in a relationship is to simply go with the flow due to years of abuse.

This is one of the most paradoxal and ironic statements I have ever read.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join