It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women No Longer Care

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

FancyName
Since people want to make it an issue,

jacygirl, I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant. 8 months pregnant and developed an admirer who apparently found an obviously taken pregnant woman irresistible.

While I'd say that that is better than men who think pregnant women are ugly, it's still kind of weird and creepy.

So she 'd rather be found attrative than ugly by this stranger.

Like I said, it seems you are not that bothered and unflattered as you claim you are.

Way to step in a tall steaming pile of assumptions. The only person I care about finding me attractive is the man who I am with. As long as he finds me attractive, I'm more than content. The fact that you misinterpreted it just goes to show that you really don't get how women think. When we're pregnant, our biggest concern is that our significant other, as we grow larger and larger (and LARGER), is no longer going to find us attractive. It can wreak havoc on our self-esteem. There are men out there who do actually lose interest in their pregnant loved ones. In fact, I found out from my ex-husband's first wife that he had cheated on her while she was pregnant and that was the actual cause for divorce. Of course, I found that out after he and I split. He was technically a cheat and a liar.

So that's what my statement to jacygirl meant. As a fellow mother, I knew she'd get it. You, on the other hand, are way off the mark. As far as how I feel about male attention, I'm going to give you a little hint. I've been in hiding for the last 20 years of my life because I gained the attention of a diagnosed violent sociopath who built a shrine to me in his basement and I'm a victim of rape. I'd tell you how I feel about undesired attention from men but, honestly, it'd probably scare the crap out of you. I have a wee bit of rage in me but I keep it in check.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I just want to make sure that those who responded that way know that they fell right into your trap and proved you absolutely correct

what traps that can u explain in one sentence.

KyoZero declared at his original posting that he has to defend himself from the viewpoints of other men who accuse him of attempting to "score with women", to "look good in the eyes of women", or that he even has to "prove myself as someone who supports feminist ideals and equality because I am a male" and received exactly those kind of responses in return--that's predictive.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

An annoying thing I find is woman always have to write long sentences.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

and you know what? The younger me would have backed down in two seconds. Literally two seconds. I have spent years being apologetic...that stuff ended a couple years ago

This is precisely what I go through all the time. "I am selling out men" or "trying to score" and as you saw that is precisely what I got. Like I said the younger me would have run crying away and apologized to those who responded to me as they did.

Now to respond to those who responded...

researcher88 - There is nothing, absolutely nothing about me that is wise in anyway but I thank you for the compliment. The thing is it doesn't take much to see what we've done to people. And you are right, despite that this rant was opened up about gender, let's not forget orientation, skin color and religion. I am honestly and truly amazed some times that people don't see or don't want to see the nasty micro/macroagressions that exist and I am picking on myself as well.

The younger, dumber me has said and done some reprehensible things in the past and had some terribly bigoted thoughts. So I fixed the problem by making the simple and easy-to-get concept that people are people and deserve to be rated and judged on their actions (should we need to judge at all. You find me a black guy who shoots someone in cold blood and I see a murderer...not a BLACK murderer...a murderer. You find me a woman/man who cheats on their significant other and I see a person who cheated. I don't jump to the conclusion that all men are dogs and all women are...well you know

Thanks for keeping up the good fight

FancyName - You are so adorable thinking you know the movement behind my actions.

Let me try to repeat once again

What I said was not an attempt to attract women. I believe in equality in 'humans'...you know those people that inhabit the Earth?

Married 11 years and to be frank I don't know who anyone on this forum is outside of their username. I have no interest in attracting someone especially by 'pretending' to be for equality. I made this statement specifically to the OP of this rant because of his horrific thread.

It's ok that you didn't listen or care about what I said. Thank you for proving my point friend. I am indeed still in the beloved hot seat with guys because (gasp!) care about equality

As far as turning the situation around...well you tell me. When you are ogled by women in a relationship, how do you feel? And once again you pretend to know the thoughts and motivations of others.

So here is my brief story. When I was in the Air Force I was already married. During a humongous mission briefing I had a woman check me out and place her hand on my knee. She was in a relationship and I was married. And guess what, I didn't like it all. If you are not bothered by being ogled, have at it and I won't tell you what to think, but to sit there and literally say that you don't believe any woman who says she is bothered by being hit on is absolutely hilarious. You have literally proven the point that people all over the world are trying to make.

The point is, you may think an action or motion is harmless but it may not be to others. I don't even necessarily blame you for not understanding. I was ignorant of this too for a long time. I thought women looooooved being hit on and flirted with when they went about their daily lives but the fact is (and I most certainly do not speak for all...or really anyone I have no experience personally with) it's been said that many women would love to be able to go to the gym and just work out without be stared down or hit on. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it true. You honestly think it's totally ok to flirt with someone then tell them "well I don't believe you are really bothered by it?" That is not your direct words but literally that is what you are portraying here

Good day sir

Anyway....

Tylerdurden1...my favorite response

yawn...oh no I am a sellout to men! eeeeeeek!

seriously? I am not selling out anyone. And for the sake of repetition...once again....not doing or saying what I do to look good to women. I am doing and saying what I do because I feel it is right. Thanks again for reading...not that it matters you wouldn't believe it anyway

As far as selling out my own and what team I am on...I am on team human...not team man, not team women, not team feminism...just team human. I am the man in my relationship at home. I just don't fit into so called manly-men's comfortable definitions of man and let me say thank goodness for that!

My wife ADORES that I have a femme side and use it...hate to break it to you but you have one too. Look I am serious...be who you want to be but don't through labels on me because I am supposedly "selling out my gender." I am not selling out a thing. I am just professing that I have a preference for equality.

Look at my original response...I mean really look at it. All I really did was continue to progress the idea that women are allowed to dress as they want, have the career or homemaking option they want, and should be free to walk down a dang street and not be hit on ten times in one block...if that is selling out my gender then good riddance I say

This is me...KyoZero...and I am not apologizing

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

An annoying thing I find is woman always have to write long sentences.

I was just fulfilling your parameters. You said to explain it in one sentence, which required a lengthy one. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have set that parameter.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

KyoZero declared at his original posting that he has to defend himself from the viewpoints of other men who accuse him of attempting to "score with women", to "look good in the eyes of women", or that he even has to "prove myself as someone who supports feminist ideals and equality because I am a male" and received exactly those kind of responses in return--that's predictive.

Heres a challenge for your female intellect explain that first long sentence in three words.
edit on 4-4-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

It's a lot easier to basically go with the flow when confronted with the rebuke of one's ideas or thoughts. It's far harder to go against the flow but really, if one wants something to change, that's the only thing you can do. Homogenizing oneself to cohort opinion changes nothing. Glad you stick it out.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Heres a challenge for your female intellect explain that first long sentence in three words.

Sure.

They got owned.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Well, greyer... Glad you got it off your chest.
Wish you would have returned, to show that you cared what others thought of what you think...but... ...maybe tomorrow, or later.
I honestly thought your rant was amusing, funny, and in some places, well-composed.
Even funnier than that - I've heard women say many of the same things you said...
As other respondents have said, though - what's the difference?
I do not find "nice guys" in the workplace.
The "Good Ole Boys" are still running most of the shows that I'm involved in...and...they...are not...smart.
They...are connected. And, they service the connection/s.
I would prefer being brow-beaten, rebuffed or challenged by someone intelligent-enough to consider a reply, over someone who's only line is - "Don't like it - There's the door!"

Anyway - as some others have said - Hope you come to terms with your issue/s with women...SOMETIME SOON.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Sure.

They got owned.

Who got owned Man or Woman?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Sure.

They got owned.

Who got owned Man or Woman?

Athlon, I know you probably think that you're being really clever here but considering the phrase was about KyoZero's post v. the responses he received, I think it's pretty obvious who the "they" were.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No im a dumb male you will need to tell me were "You" were referring to in your replies to me Male or Female?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Agartha

greyer
Women appear to be starting a large movement of apathy in this modern day because they care more about being ambitious for themselves rather than caring about anything else. Before in history, men would be ambitious for the purpose of supporting women and their family, it was never a selfish desire to be ambitious for selfish reasons as women do today.

Horrible, horrible human beings.

Wow on your last sentence........don't forget you come from a woman!

After centuries of repression when women were treated as men's property, we are now free to choose how we want to live...what's wrong with not wanting to get married and be a housewife? what's wrong with wanting a career as well as a family?

I think you should seriously consider moving to one of those countries were women are still treated as second class citizen, where they have to obey their husbands without questioning, and they are barefooted in the kitchen till they die.

OP, stop looking to blame women for your problems and have a long honest look in the mirror and see that the solution lies in you.

I think that the more educated and confident the man, the less he will judge his woman's independence.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

Thank you, I finished in this thread but cant seem to get out due to my own curiosity, its like a drug, how will it pan out? well another (mysterioustranger)mentioned its 2014, yep it is. so wake up, wake up. (he or she is indeed correct, stupid thread in this day, we shouldn't even be here)
And my initial comments about men coming from "life creator women," have been hijacked. Do we even realize that whoever started this thread, is gone, we just bickering on his remarks, he must be having fun watching this.....

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

He said he doesn't want to do this because he wants to look good in women's eyes but because it's right. He's right. As far as your remark about "kitty repellant" goes, I'd much rather befriend KyoZero than you any day of the week.

Yet you are here claiming you want to "befriend" him. Friend zone.

Seems my comment was completely accurate.

I've met guys like you who thought they were God's gift.

I don't think I said anything that indicates that I think such a thing. I don't, and I am not.

You, I wouldn't give the time of day

Thanks for sharing, was I hitting on you?

which makes you the actual kitty repellant

Whatever you say dear. No need to be foaming at the lips, is there?

(which, btw, is a stupid and juvenile term).

So is naa na boo boo stick your head in doo doo.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

KyoZero

and you know what? The younger me would have backed down in two seconds. Literally two seconds. I have spent years being apologetic...that stuff ended a couple years ago

This is precisely what I go through all the time. "I am selling out men" or "trying to score" and as you saw that is precisely what I got. Like I said the younger me would have run crying away and apologized to those who responded to me as they did.

Now to respond to those who responded...

researcher88 - There is nothing, absolutely nothing about me that is wise in anyway but I thank you for the compliment. The thing is it doesn't take much to see what we've done to people. And you are right, despite that this rant was opened up about gender, let's not forget orientation, skin color and religion. I am honestly and truly amazed some times that people don't see or don't want to see the nasty micro/macroagressions that exist and I am picking on myself as well.

The younger, dumber me has said and done some reprehensible things in the past and had some terribly bigoted thoughts. So I fixed the problem by making the simple and easy-to-get concept that people are people and deserve to be rated and judged on their actions (should we need to judge at all. You find me a black guy who shoots someone in cold blood and I see a murderer...not a BLACK murderer...a murderer. You find me a woman/man who cheats on their significant other and I see a person who cheated. I don't jump to the conclusion that all men are dogs and all women are...well you know

Thanks for keeping up the good fight

FancyName - You are so adorable thinking you know the movement behind my actions.

Let me try to repeat once again

What I said was not an attempt to attract women. I believe in equality in 'humans'...you know those people that inhabit the Earth?

Married 11 years and to be frank I don't know who anyone on this forum is outside of their username. I have no interest in attracting someone especially by 'pretending' to be for equality. I made this statement specifically to the OP of this rant because of his horrific thread.

It's ok that you didn't listen or care about what I said. Thank you for proving my point friend. I am indeed still in the beloved hot seat with guys because (gasp!) care about equality

As far as turning the situation around...well you tell me. When you are ogled by women in a relationship, how do you feel? And once again you pretend to know the thoughts and motivations of others.

So here is my brief story. When I was in the Air Force I was already married. During a humongous mission briefing I had a woman check me out and place her hand on my knee. She was in a relationship and I was married. And guess what, I didn't like it all. If you are not bothered by being ogled, have at it and I won't tell you what to think, but to sit there and literally say that you don't believe any woman who says she is bothered by being hit on is absolutely hilarious. You have literally proven the point that people all over the world are trying to make.

The point is, you may think an action or motion is harmless but it may not be to others. I don't even necessarily blame you for not understanding. I was ignorant of this too for a long time. I thought women looooooved being hit on and flirted with when they went about their daily lives but the fact is (and I most certainly do not speak for all...or really anyone I have no experience personally with) it's been said that many women would love to be able to go to the gym and just work out without be stared down or hit on. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it true. You honestly think it's totally ok to flirt with someone then tell them "well I don't believe you are really bothered by it?" That is not your direct words but literally that is what you are portraying here

Good day sir

Anyway....

Tylerdurden1...my favorite response

yawn...oh no I am a sellout to men! eeeeeeek!

seriously? I am not selling out anyone. And for the sake of repetition...once again....not doing or saying what I do to look good to women. I am doing and saying what I do because I feel it is right. Thanks again for reading...not that it matters you wouldn't believe it anyway

As far as selling out my own and what team I am on...I am on team human...not team man, not team women, not team feminism...just team human. I am the man in my relationship at home. I just don't fit into so called manly-men's comfortable definitions of man and let me say thank goodness for that!

My wife ADORES that I have a femme side and use it...hate to break it to you but you have one too. Look I am serious...be who you want to be but don't through labels on me because I am supposedly "selling out my gender." I am not selling out a thing. I am just professing that I have a preference for equality.

Look at my original response...I mean really look at it. All I really did was continue to progress the idea that women are allowed to dress as they want, have the career or homemaking option they want, and should be free to walk down a dang street and not be hit on ten times in one block...if that is selling out my gender then good riddance I say

This is me...KyoZero...and I am not apologizing

Thank 4 this, I'm the same exactly, I love women and how they think, I like to listen to them talk,. operate. etc, etc. I think that they are wonderful, and the total sin, in my opinion is, that we (males) suppressed them for so long in the past.

surprisingly, there are those who want to remain idiots. (the thread length proves it)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Married 11 years

Really?

You know what really pisses me off? That I have to prove myself as someone who supports feminist ideals and equality because I am a male. Now I know at first glance this looks like a slight on women but it's more a slight on men. I have to constantly prove to others that I truly care about gender equality because centuries and scores of guys have ruined it for others by making all of our sex out to be rabid, sex-crazed and "deserving"

So you are married for 11 years, and you constantly have to prove to others that you are a "swell" guy and that other guys aren't?

That's pretty pathetic and weird.

Oh I read that you claim to be all about the "right thing", it's just that I don't believe it. Just sucking up.

What point did I prove exactly? What's with your forced obsession with equality? Why do you feel the need to drive home the point that other men are bad, and that you are some rare prince that is nice to women and above all, cares about EQUALITY.

Pretty weird.....guy.

As far as turning the situation around...well you tell me. When you are ogled by women in a relationship, how do you feel?

Why are you asking questions when I already told you how it makes me feel in the post you reacted too? I am definately not bothered by it.

So here is my brief story. When I was in the Air Force I was already married. During a humongous mission briefing I had a woman check me out and place her hand on my knee. She was in a relationship and I was married. And guess what, I didn't like it all.

Don't lie, you felt desired and thought , hey I still got it. It's perfectly natural. Maybe you felt a little uncomfortable when it happened, but those were your overall thoughts.

but to sit there and literally say that you don't believe any woman who says she is bothered by being hit on is absolutely hilarious.

This is what I said,

Btw, I don't really believe any of the women in here claiming they are really that bothered by men hitting on them.

I even backed up this statement.

You have literally proven the point that people all over the world are trying to make.

You know when women really start to feel bothered? The day men stop hitting on them.

The point is, you may think an action or motion is harmless but it may not be to others. I don't even necessarily blame you for not understanding. I was ignorant of this too for a long time. I thought women looooooved being hit on and flirted with when they went about their daily lives but the fact is (and I most certainly do not speak for all...or really anyone I have no experience personally with) it's been said that many women would love to be able to go to the gym and just work out without be stared down or hit on. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it true. You honestly think it's totally ok to flirt with someone then tell them "well I don't believe you are really bothered b

This is just weird coming from a guy that has been married for 11 years. This is weird coming from a guy period.

edit on 4-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

Thank 4 this, I'm the same exactly, I love women and how they think, I like to listen to them talk,. operate. etc, etc. I think that they are wonderful,

Same here. Same like the vast majority of men. You are not special because you are a "nice guy".

and the total sin, in my opinion is, that we (males) suppressed them for so long in the past.

You guys really make me barf.

Did you supress them? I sure didn't. Am I supposed to feel some sort of guilt or something?

Pfff.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Why refer to female intellect......its same as Yours....... or r u idiot as well?, this inspires me to start, a thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

As far as how I feel about male attention, I'm going to give you a little hint. I've been in hiding for the last 20 years of my life because I gained the attention of a diagnosed violent sociopath who built a shrine to me in his basement and I'm a victim of rape. I'd tell you how I feel about undesired attention from men but, honestly, it'd probably scare the crap out of you. I have a wee bit of rage in me but I keep it in check.

I am sorry to hear that, but I have to say that that fact doesn't exactly make you an unbiased judge on male attention, nor is it the innocent male's fault that you feel threatened by such attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

Why refer to female intellect......its same as Yours....... or r u idiot as well?, this inspires me to start, a thread.

Oh so your insinuating woman woman are stupid. Shame on you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join