It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women No Longer Care

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

FancyName
reply to post by jacygirl

They are fun little pets. Buddy of mine used to own some too.

Hope she gets better!

Take care girl!

Aww, thank you! You take care too!
jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Woman are more cold and ruthless than men. Its all the soap drama and tv, movies. advertising that would make you believe its the other way around. I watched a video of a woman throwing puppies into a river to drown she was smiling as she did it. The reality of the world is you can be the only one who doesn't give in to becoming apathetic or even psychoytically cold.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yep, it is the womanly way. My mother always taught me that how I dress is for me, not anybody else. At the end of the day, it's about feeling good about myself not what others necessarily think. It's one of the few good lessons I learned from her that I'm passing onto my own daughter. She also said that a true lady is evident through actions, not through what she's wearing, which is another good one. Where she balks is when that super short miniskirt wearer plops into a car without regard for wearing a super short miniskirt, lol.

It's our hair color, too, that can get people to judge us. I had to dye my hair brown once (natural blonde) and it was really painful to have so many people pause me in mid-conversation to tell me that they never realized how smart I was. Sigh. The irony of it is if we do go slacker mode or even let ourselves go, men will be just as quick to find fault in us for "not taking care of ourselves". I get a free pass on that one because I'm a mutant but if I cannot even count the number of times some guy has said, confronted with an aging woman, "wow, she really let herself go". And they say women are judgmental. Pfft.

Gotta go throw some puppies in the river while grinning wickedly after I'm done opening this weird mystical box that is going to unleash untold miseries upon the world.

Signed,

Pandora

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

WhiteAlice,
And once again, I agree with everything you said!
I had to laugh at the hair colour comments....having long blonde hair, my catch phrase for years has been, "I'm not as stupid as I look!" lol.
Laughed at the whole, "let herself go" part too. I'm also a mutant, naturally youthful...people think I'm much younger than I am.
But I hear it all the time, about others who just look their age...."ohhh...she let herself go..."
Pffft! (I pffft too)

Need a hand with those puppies? Once I figure out how to unchain myself from the stove, I can help you. It's okay, I'm used to multi-tasking....I had twins. Can also stick a broom handle between my butt cheeks and sweep the floor as I go. That is, unless I decide to take it for a ride!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yeah, we have a hard time going places as a family. My son gets mistaken for being my brother and my daughter is a point of confusion because her complexion is much darker. My best friend says the confused looks are embarrassing but I don't see that either. Blinders are awesome. It's irritating though when men make statements like that and I want to say "oh wow, look in the mirror, bud, because if you hadn't noticed, you're looking kinda old yourself".

The more the merrier! That way we can dispatch twice the puppies to show how women can be efficient and work well together. You use a broom like that, too? Excellent! After that we can find a nice young prince to try to lure up into a tower with a young pretty girl and push him out the window once he gets there. Cue cackle.

We're obviously evil. We can bleed for days without dying. Clearly, that's witchcraft.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Damn you're funny!
"...push him out a window"....I'm totally miserable today, yet you made me snort I laughed so hard!
Yeah, we are definitely evil.

(but certainly not boring!)

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

jacygirl

Damn you're funny!
"...push him out a window"....I'm totally miserable today, yet you made me snort I laughed so hard!
Yeah, we are definitely evil.

(but certainly not boring!)

jacy

Awesome. Always good to have a laugh on a bad day. That's why cackling maniacally is so worth it.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thought I'd share this. . .

Let's say a guy named Fred is attracted to a woman named Martha. He asks her out to a movie; she accepts; they have a pretty good time. A few nights later he asks her out to dinner, and again they enjoy themselves. They continue to see each other regularly, and after a while neither one of them is seeing anybody else.

And then, one evening when they're driving home, a thought occurs to Martha, and, without really thinking, she says it aloud: "Do you realize that, as of tonight, we've been seeing each other for exactly six months?"

And then, there is silence in the car.

To Martha, it seems like a very loud silence. She thinks to herself: I wonder if it bothers him that I said that. Maybe he's been feeling confined by our relationship; maybe he thinks I'm trying to push him into some kind of obligation that he doesn't want, or isn't sure of.

And Fred is thinking: Gosh. Six months.

And Martha is thinking: But, hey, I'm not so sure I want this kind of relationship either. Sometimes I wish I had a little more space, so I'd have time to think about whether I really want us to keep going the way we are, moving steadily towards, I mean, where are we going? Are we just going to keep seeing each other at this level of intimacy? Are we heading toward marriage? Toward children? Toward a lifetime together? Am I ready for that level of commitment? Do I really even know this person?

And Fred is thinking: ...so that means it was...let's see...February when we started going out, which was right after I had the car at the dealer's, which means...lemme check the odometer...Whoa! I am way overdue for an oil change here.

www.tickld.com...
edit on Thu Apr 3 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Wow. You are so wrong....Im leaving it to the ladies to jump on you....but you havent a clue.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Are we seriously still having this conversation in 2014? I know I am in the middle ground as far as age goes but really? I think OP is either one hell of a troll or just lost in some sort of weird world where he got hurt once and now finds it necessary to take it out on all women.

As far as women dressing how they wish...I was pretty sure I read in some book once that people have freedom here. Not sure where I read it but then my memory sucks these days. But here is what I can piece together from humanity and real logic

1. Women can dress how they please so long as they aren't breaking a law (public nudity and such...)

2. Women can make their own damn choice of career, tending to house and kids or hell both...

3. Women should have the right to walk down a street without every guy thinking it's ok and cute and charming to tell her that they wasnt to (insert vulgar reference here( with them

I hate to break it to the folks out there but it isn't attractive and many times not welcome

But lt me take a break here and be really selfish for a moment

You know what really pisses me off? That I have to prove myself as someone who supports feminist ideals and equality because I am a male. Now I know at first glance this looks like a slight on women but it's more a slight on men.

I have to constantly prove to others that I truly care about gender equality because centuries and scores of guys have ruined it for others by making all of our sex out to be rabid, sex-crazed and "deserving"

I don't work for gender equality because I want to score with women. I don't work for gender equality because I want to look good in the eyes of femals everywhere. I work for gender equality because it's the right thing to do. Why? Well look at OPs remarks and the thousands upon thousands of remarks all over the MSM, op-eds, forums, and boards all over the net. I do it because we still...in 2014 cannot get past the idea that women are equal and should be treated as such...2014

We seem to have this belief that because we gave women the right to vote and because we abortion is legal that we have somehow pacified them and made them "equal" yet we still have daily micro (and macro) aggressions in the form of so-called "flirting" and policy that is anti-women.

You want a real victory? Men, you want to feel real manly? Try to pass a woman and not ogle her or use one of your 'smooth' lines. Just let it be...understand real equality and understand that our 'advances' are nto always appreciated

and yes before I get jumped I have been just as guilty in this arena. No hypocrite here. The difference is I am realizing it and working my ass off to change it. Will I still make a mistake? Hell yeah I will and I apologize in advance to both sexes

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I don't have any sympathy for you based on you gender, because for many Centuries, Women suffered what you are experiencing in this decade.

Go and cry your man eyes out and start your own action group called "Masochism Movement"... it might take the movement a Century or two but one day, you will gain some respect.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

KyoZero
Are we seriously still having this conversation in 2014? I know I am in the middle ground as far as age goes but really? I think OP is either one hell of a troll or just lost in some sort of weird world where he got hurt once and now finds it necessary to take it out on all women.

As far as women dressing how they wish...I was pretty sure I read in some book once that people have freedom here. Not sure where I read it but then my memory sucks these days. But here is what I can piece together from humanity and real logic

1. Women can dress how they please so long as they aren't breaking a law (public nudity and such...)

2. Women can make their own damn choice of career, tending to house and kids or hell both...

3. Women should have the right to walk down a street without every guy thinking it's ok and cute and charming to tell her that they wasnt to (insert vulgar reference here( with them

I hate to break it to the folks out there but it isn't attractive and many times not welcome

But lt me take a break here and be really selfish for a moment

You know what really pisses me off? That I have to prove myself as someone who supports feminist ideals and equality because I am a male. Now I know at first glance this looks like a slight on women but it's more a slight on men.

I have to constantly prove to others that I truly care about gender equality because centuries and scores of guys have ruined it for others by making all of our sex out to be rabid, sex-crazed and "deserving"

I don't work for gender equality because I want to score with women. I don't work for gender equality because I want to look good in the eyes of femals everywhere. I work for gender equality because it's the right thing to do. Why? Well look at OPs remarks and the thousands upon thousands of remarks all over the MSM, op-eds, forums, and boards all over the net. I do it because we still...in 2014 cannot get past the idea that women are equal and should be treated as such...2014

We seem to have this belief that because we gave women the right to vote and because we abortion is legal that we have somehow pacified them and made them "equal" yet we still have daily micro (and macro) aggressions in the form of so-called "flirting" and policy that is anti-women.

You want a real victory? Men, you want to feel real manly? Try to pass a woman and not ogle her or use one of your 'smooth' lines. Just let it be...understand real equality and understand that our 'advances' are nto always appreciated

and yes before I get jumped I have been just as guilty in this arena. No hypocrite here. The difference is I am realizing it and working my ass off to change it. Will I still make a mistake? Hell yeah I will and I apologize in advance to both sexes

Thank you wise one, agree 100%. We (humans), have done some pretty awful things in our past, not just sexist but racist, homophobic etc, etc. What is sad is that there are people still stereotyping these days and wanting the past back, that just plainly insane.
Hopefully the transition into new conciousness will not take too long. Old practices should die out completely , so the suffering that still occurs in many nations around the world may stop, unfortunately, the old way of thinking still brainwashes those societies into believing that the ways the grandfathers did it was the correct way.
Keep people dumb and brainwashed and you have all the power.

On another note, in the centre of Prague there is a museum called the torture museum, everyone who has the chance should have a visit and see what humands did as punishment to others for indifferent opinions.
Gave me the chills.

Sorry bout this but it is a RANT.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have no problem with a woman getting ahead in the world. Its all good with me
They can contribute to the relationships they have and with two steady incomes, thats what makes a house hold work these days. Not like in the old days where men could get that one great job, that would support the whole family.

What I have a problem with is the woman who gets ahead in the world and then acts like her s#it dont stink. Then has this chip on her shoulder, like she is the best person ever. Its all good to be proud of your accomplishments, just dont act like an ass about it.

Then after they get the chip on their shoulders, some not all, for some reason, go all femnazi on it. They start to tell other women, that they dont need men because of thier own accomplishments. Therefore poisoning the minds of other women.

Then those women go out and poison other minds, and alienate the men around them. Then they wonder why they are successful, beautiful, in shape and no man wants them. They tell themselves "The men are just intimidated by my success" and the whole mary-go-round starts again.

So in summation, ladies go and get those good jobs, dont be asses about it. For the love of everything holy dont get a chip on your shoulder, and be that fun loving person you started out as.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Dude you may think that you are saying stuff that women want to hear but it's pure kitty repellant.

Did you get any with this philosophy lately?

You know what really pisses me off? That I have to prove myself as someone who supports feminist ideals and equality because I am a male.

Once your menstrual cycles are n sync it gets easier.

What has equality to do with things? And how is inaction manly? It is nothing at all.

It is not good to deny your nature.

And what if you turn this around in the context of equality?

As a man I get "ogled" and hit on by women all the time. Even when they are in a relationship already. Hell even when their boyfriend is right there. True story. Should I feel bad about that?

I sure don't. Would you? And if you wouldn't, how are you equal to the women who you say are bothered with such a thing happening to them?

Btw, I don't really believe any of the women in here claiming they are really that bothered by men hitting on them.

edit on 4-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Wow, what team are you on bro? Its one thing to recognise the accomplishments of women and their struggles for rights, its another to sell out your own gender.

This is what in my opinion is wrong with males today. They abandone thier own gender, to look more appealing to women. What you think make you look good actually on some level makes you look like a sell out. Im just saying.

Be the man in the realtionship.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Be the man in the realtionship.

That shouldn't be a problem for a guy that has the words "all man" flashing in his girly avatar that accompanies his pro feminism ideal post spouting of feminist generalisations about men.

Right?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FancyName

Wow and we wonder why aliens don't introduce themselves, with uninformed, illogical comments like these.

People, get an education and do research, please.
But you are so opinionated about how things work that you can effortlessly post comments about menstrual sync, now we will have to wait another decade before aliens introduce themselves, there is no such thing as menstrual sync, its just the law of averages that boggles peoples minds.

Thanks to both of you Tylerdurden1, FancyName, who believe that its only women that are this way, I will find you more egotistical greedy, proud men, than women.......Damn didn't you have kind loving mothers that set a wonderful example for you, If not, I do apologise and withdraw my comments.

Time to go back to your caves,, I'm done here!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

I gave you that star, and here is why. You didnt read my post did you? The first one? Go back read, and edgamacate yourself.

Im so sad I stoped the alien invaision, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

Wow and we wonder why aliens don't introduce themselves, with uninformed, illogical comments like these.

Ok.....that makes perfect sense. Very logical....

People, get an education and do research, please.

Research what?

But you are so opinionated about how things work that you can effortlessly post comments about menstrual sync, now we will have to wait another decade before aliens introduce themselves, there is no such thing as menstrual sync, its just the law of averages that boggles peoples minds.

You do realize that the alien talk doesn't make you sound like a well rounded person, especially in the context of this thread?

Btw, way to overanalyze an obvious joke.

Thanks to both of you Tylerdurden1, FancyName, who believe that its only women that are this way, I will find you more egotistical greedy, proud men, than women.......Damn didn't you have kind loving mothers that set a wonderful example for you, If not, I do apologise and withdraw my comments.

Wth? What did I say about women that would warrant your little rant?

You know that talking trash about someones mother will get you knocked out in real life?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
]
edit on 4-4-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join